Can you bring your your bottle water and canned soda in your luggage?

DimSum

Does anyone know if NCL will allow you to bring your own bottle water and canned soda if you put it in your check in luggage?

I know some cruiselines will allow you to do that but I wasn't sure about NCL.

TIA

It seems crazy that you cannot bring your own pop/soda on. We don't drink very much so it is hardly worth it for the pkg. We bring it on other lines. Is there any vending machines after security in Vancouver B.C. that is where we are embarking. 

Thank you,

23 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

It would cost around $24 for a 6 pack.

It’s $11.80 on Princess. Does NCL have to gouge at everything? Surely they’d  make money at $15

Edited by Cruise Junky
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, DimSum said:

Does anyone know if NCL will allow you to bring your own bottle water and canned soda if you put it in your check in luggage?

TIA

No and No. as for some lines, very few anymore allow this.  I know RCI doesn't nor does Carnival. I don't know for sure about other lines. I do understand why they will not: it is like bringing booze on the plane. Business is business even if none of us like it one bit. 

Carnival allows each guest a 12 pack of cans. No bottles, but sells bottled water at a reasonable (well reasonable for a cruise line) rate.

RCI allows a 12 pack per cabin.

Celebrity and Princess don't pose limits.

This really is a pure nickel and dime thing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Cruise Junky said:

It’s $11.80 on Princess. Does NCL have to gouge at everything? Surely they’d  make money at $15

And the company that owns Princess is in legal trouble for dumping trash in the ocean. 

Certainly NCL does this to encourage use of their beverage packages, but there are also environmental benefits, reduced labor for rubbish management and less heavy lifting for the porters and stewards as a result. 

Edited by Nola26
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nola26 said:

And the company that owns Princess is in legal trouble for dumping trash in the ocean. 

Certainly NCL does this to encourage use of their beverage packages, but there are also environmental benefits, reduced labor for rubbish management and less heavy lifting for the porters and stewards as a result. 

It's not really relevant seeing as NCL isn't so squeaky clean, none of them are sadly.

On 5/29/2019 at 1:40 PM, DimSum said:

TIA

Unfortunately you cannot bring any beverages (other than wine) on board either at embarkation or at any port stop. Liquor or wine purchased at a port stop is held until the end of the cruise.

17 hours ago, Cruise Junky said:

It's not really relevant seeing as NCL isn't so squeaky clean, none of them are sadly.

what are you referring to when you say, not so squeaky clean? OK, we all know about the Breakaway's last inspection: check and see how most NCL ships do? They get very high grades almost all the time. I pay a lot more attention the the CDC reports than what a few passenger have to say. 

This will be my first cruise with NCL as I usually go with P&O and they have no issue with taking bottled water onto the ship. I always have a bottle of water on me when I'm travelling and will particularly on this cruise as it's in the Mediterranean in August so likely to be hot days. Do NCL provide anything to pour water bottles into when you embark, or when you get back on from a port? I presumably can take an empty bottle back on board?

2 hours ago, phoenix1975 said:

This will be my first cruise with NCL as I usually go with P&O and they have no issue with taking bottled water onto the ship. I always have a bottle of water on me when I'm travelling and will particularly on this cruise as it's in the Mediterranean in August so likely to be hot days. Do NCL provide anything to pour water bottles into when you embark, or when you get back on from a port? I presumably can take an empty bottle back on board?

Yes, you can bring empty containers on.  The water on the ships is excellent, probably better than the water coming from most taps at home.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, phoenix1975 said:

You can bring empty bottles back on board. The filtered water on board is OK for us, so we'll get it from the dispensers in the buffet (using a transfer glass so we're not putting our bottles under the dispenser). Most often we just buy the bottled water package and get the 1 liter bottles of AquaFina that they sell. You have to empty or toss the bottles if they still have water in them to get back on board (although, to be honest, security often lets you through with a partially filled bottle).

4 hours ago, newmexicoNita said:

what are you referring to when you say, not so squeaky clean? OK, we all know about the Breakaway's last inspection: check and see how most NCL ships do? They get very high grades almost all the time. I pay a lot more attention the the CDC reports than what a few passenger have to say. 

I was referring to past fines regarding dumping, not the cleanliness on board.

17 hours ago, CILCIANRQTS said:

Viking allows you to bring water, soda, beer, wine and liquor on board, at embarkation and all port stops, without limit. 

Viking is a different type of cruise line. It isn't a mass marketed line. I think most of the river cruise lines allow bringing beverages on, but, of course you are paying top $ to cruise them as well