Difference between Aqua, Concierge and Regular Balconies - Reflection Ship

homeofthehound

Hi - I am looking at possibly upgrading our cabin for our upcoming August sailing on the Reflection. Currently we are booked in 6288 (2C). When we booked we were fully aware and ok with the obstructed view with this cabin. Now that prices seems to have dropped and so many cabins are still available, I am considering upgrading but can't see to find a good reference tool to understand the differences between the different room categories, especially for Concierge or Aqua. Does anyone know of a good 'all-in-one comparison tool"?

I just read a post that made reference to Concierge allowing for meals in the MDR - made it seem like regular balconies couldn't go in the MDR, and my better judgement tells me that isn't the case. I should add that we are not 'spa people' so that would not be a deciding factor for us.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Concierge gets one meal in the MDR that the others don’t which is lunch on embarkation day.

aqua has a completely different dining room called Blu

Have you read the descriptions on theCelebrity website?

11 minutes ago, Laurelbloom said:

We are booked on the 9th floor in aqua A2 room. Any pictures or comments? Our room is 9280. Thank you! Celebrity edge

The room size and decor are the same as the veranda and Concierge  cabins.  You should find pictures on the Celebrity website or google .  

AQ has it own dining room Blu access to the Persian Garden, afternoon canapes delivered to your cabin  a bottle of sparking wine (let your cabin attendant know when you would like it and they will bring it to your chilled) , 5. Captains Club points per night vs 3 for a Veranda.

Main Dining Room is for Concierge and below for all meals. There are 2 set times, early and late dining. There is also Select dining which means go when you like. Otherwise, there is the buffet. Aqua class assigned dining is in Blu restaurant. You may request to eat in the MDR thru' the Blu concierge.

1 hour ago, homeofthehound said:

Hi - I am looking at possibly upgrading our cabin for our upcoming August sailing on the Reflection. Currently we are booked in 6288 (2C). When we booked we were fully aware and ok with the obstructed view with this cabin. Now that prices seems to have dropped and so many cabins are still available, I am considering upgrading but can't see to find a good reference tool to understand the differences between the different room categories, especially for Concierge or Aqua. Does anyone know of a good 'all-in-one comparison tool"?

I just read a post that made reference to Concierge allowing for meals in the MDR - made it seem like regular balconies couldn't go in the MDR, and my better judgement tells me that isn't the case. I should add that we are not 'spa people' so that would not be a deciding factor for us.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

The balconies are the same size.  There is an exception which are the "hump" cabins that have larger balconies.  The is the part of the ship that juts out by the elevators.

There’s other minor considerations. The partially obstructed cabins on deck 6 are ok but the higher decks are better in their general outlook. With concierge and Aqua you’ll get more CC points, important if you’re on a mission like me!!

Also, we have noticed that if you’re Select dining the position of your table in the MDR is determined by your “class” of sea card. 

Here is a chart that compares benefits of regular cabins with Concierge and AQ. It is a year old, so there could be some changes. I think I have read that the post-Revolution M Class AQ cabins do not have the special shower heads? Someone can verify, I'm sure.

Concierge AQ amenities.pdf

Edited by vtcruising

6 hours ago, Laurelbloom said:

We are booked on the 9th floor in aqua A2 room. Any pictures or comments? Our room is 9280. Thank you! Celebrity edge

The Edge AQ cabins are infinite veranda cabins - not sure if you are familiar with those, but there is a lot of info on Cruise Critic about them. Here is a review of 9284, which is a couple of cabins away.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=654654

Your bed is by the balcony. It doesn't look like it has any obstructions, overhangs or other apparent issues.

This thread describes life in AQ on the Edge - benefits include the restaurant Blu has great food and the Thermal Suites (8 different areas) are free for AQ:

4 hours ago, Newbury newbie said:

Also, we have noticed that if you’re Select dining the position of your table in the MDR is determined by your “class” of sea card. 

What gave you that impression? I have never seen any evidence of that. (We do not get better tables now that we're Elite Plus than we did on our first cruise...) If by "class" you mean cabin type, I've seen no difference whether we're in inside, OV, veranda, or concierge cabins.

Edited by late2cruisin

4 hours ago, Newbury newbie said:

I have no idea how you would get that impression. 

If you choose Select you get any table which is available... and if you don’t like a certain area, all you do is let them know. 

18 minutes ago, late2cruisin said:

What gave you that impression? I have never seen any evidence of that. (We do not get better tables now that we're Elite Plus than we did on our first cruise...) If by "class" you mean cabin type, I've seen no difference whether we're in inside, OV, veranda, or concierge cabins.

I’m not referring to “select” CC status I’m referring to “select anytime dining”. And my impression is built on using select dining when booked in 2C and 2B veranda’s compared to sailings in concierge and Aqua. When in the cheaper cabins we would be towards the back by the busy kitchen access but in concierge/aqua we’d have a prime position. Could be coincidental, but I’d think not.

15 minutes ago, Miaminice said:

I have no idea how you would get that impression. 

If you choose Select you get any table which is available... and if you don’t like a certain area, all you do is let them know. 

See my post before this. 

I know theoretically you get any table but in our experience you tend to get the same table, if it’s available. In that way you build a relationship with your servers as you would with traditional dining.

2 hours ago, Newbury newbie said:

See my post before this. 

I know theoretically you get any table but in our experience you tend to get the same table, if it’s available. In that way you build a relationship with your servers as you would with traditional dining.

It's true that they tend to seat you at the same table, or at least in the same section. But you can certainly request something different. We always have Select dining and as I said, we've had all levels of cabins. It never affects where we're seated. (We also prefer not to sit in the back and we tell them that. They always honor that request.) 

I don’t think that your class of stateroom has anything to do with where you are seated in the dining room.  You are generalizing off your experience. BUt there are just as many people who would tell you that it has gone the other way with them.  Sit at a sharing table and you’ll be seated together with passengers in all kinds of staterooms, from inside to Concierge

9 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Here is a chart that compares benefits of regular cabins with Concierge and AQ. It is a year old, so there could be some changes. I think I have read that the post-Revolution M Class AQ cabins do not have the special shower heads? Someone can verify, I'm sure.

Concierge AQ amenities.pdf 808.43 kB · 10 downloads

Thank you VTCRUISING!! This is exactly what I was hoping to find (a saw a similar doc for the beverage packages and it make is so much easier to read that screen-by-screen on their website! Cheers!)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, homeofthehound said:

Thank you VTCRUISING!! This is exactly what I was hoping to find (a saw a similar doc for the beverage packages and it make is so much easier to read that screen-by-screen on their website! Cheers!)

Be advised that many of the benefits of Concierge and Aqua are not really worth very much.  For example they give you priority embarkation which is nothing more than a separate line.  Sometimes the regular lines are shorter. 

Basically the cabins are for the most part the same on S class ships.  Concierge gets certain benefits, AQ gets most of those benefits plus Persian Gardens and Blu