Tommy Bahama

doccide

4 minutes ago, doccide said:

Now that we have addressed capris for ladies.. how about Tommy Bahama shirts for men at dinner

It’s collared, it ok but I think really only appropriate in South Pacific or Caribbean, etc. but it’s not going to upset me. 

5 hours ago, doccide said:

Now that we have addressed capris for ladies.. how about Tommy Bahama shirts for men at dinner

Hey, if you like it and your wife/ companion approves. who am I to say no

Edited by cruiseluv

You'll have plenty of company wearing your TB shirts and a nice pair of slacks at dinner on Regent, myself included.   When dining in a specialty restaurant -- or an evening in CR such as the Captain's Welcome Aboard -- sometimes I'll wear a long sleeve dress shirt and a sport jacket.  But either way you will be fine.

Where I work in south Florida, TB style shirts are worn by most folks daily in lieu of shirt and tie. In turn, I tend to wear them at Compass Rose about fifty percent of the time for their comfort and to cover up the excesses of life. Having said that, I may limit myself during our upcoming British Isles cruise due to the cooler weather. 

Z and TB

Doccide and others, please post photos of yourself in your favorite tropical print shirts. The discussion of which pattern is acceptable in which part of the world should put a spark on this board as bright as did the discussion on the length of the capris. 😉  

I think they are perfect for hot, humid weather.  You will see them often in Texas during the summer.  My husband wears them often in Hawaii and Caribbean besides Texas.  I do think he would feel out of place in them in Northern Europe, Iceland, etc.  So, although “legal” he would not wear them in those locations.  Pretty easy policy..collared shirt after 6. 

Well here we go!  Tommy Bahama has very nice looking shirts, not all of their shirts are printed design.  So since we're not dining at Alain Ducasse at Plaza Attenee, I'd go with the Tommy Bahama.  Don't forget those Tommy Bahama (non-print) shirts cost about $175.00+ (very nice looking)😊 and those Costco shirts cost about $12.00+ (very bad looking)😐. Just my opinion😁

3 hours ago, Floridiana said:

Doccide and others, please post photos of yourself in your favorite tropical print shirts. The discussion of which pattern is acceptable in which part of the world should put a spark on this board as bright as did the discussion on the length of the capris. 😉  

IMHO, the very last thing that we need is to put a "spark on this board" (or this thread).  This discussion should be short and sweet.  What else is there to say other than Tommy Bahama and Hawaiian shirt are within the dress code?  The pattern has nothing to do with it.  

17 hours ago, doccide said:

Yes, they are absolutely fine.

I, for one, don't like that brand particularly; when I buy short-sleeved shirts for my husband I buy similar shirts, but cotton usually, sometimes silk. I find the TB too heavy, difficult to launder, and more than anything, expensive.

But I admit, they are very nice to look at.

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer

5 hours ago, Zqueeze1 said:

Where I work in south Florida, TB style shirts are worn by most folks daily in lieu of shirt and tie. In turn, I tend to wear them at Compass Rose about fifty percent of the time for their comfort and to cover up the excesses of life. Having said that, I may limit myself during our upcoming British Isles cruise due to the cooler weather. 

Z and TB

Now I like that idea, works for me😁

23 minutes ago, Floridiana said:

What, no photos? 😉 (Did anybody see the smiley?)

Photo of pattern or material?  Just curious why this is necessary since it really doesn't matter what the pattern or material is ...... as long as it is a collared shirt.

The only on-topic issue that can be discussed (from what I can tell) is whether or not you like or wear these type of shirts.  It will still have no bearing on the fact that men can wear them.

1 hour ago, Travelcat2 said:

Photo of pattern or material?  Just curious why this is necessary since it really doesn't matter what the pattern or material is ...... as long as it is a collared shirt.

The only on-topic issue that can be discussed (from what I can tell) is whether or not you like or wear these type of shirts.  It will still have no bearing on the fact that men can wear them.

Oh, let people have a little fun.  After the wrenching threads on Cuba, they deserve it. 😎

• Haha 1

Just now, 1985rz1 said:

Oh, let people have a little fun.  After the wrenching threads on Cuba, they deserve it. 😎

Trust me - dress coded threads are much more gut wrenching which is why I was trying to prevent it from going that direction.  However, if that is the direction posters want to go ........ well ..... it's up to them.  IMHO, one disastrous dress code thread should be enough for a long time.

1 hour ago, Floridiana said:

What, no photos? 😉 (Did anybody see the smiley?)

I saw it and smiled right back at your post. 😊 In the midst of such all-important earth-shaking (and now gut wrenching?) topics like capri pants and Tommy Bahama shirts (worn in or out?  buttoned or unbuttoned? flowered or plain) I think someone missed the humor!

6 minutes ago, CruisetheCs said:

I saw it and smiled right back at your post. 😊 In the midst of such all-important earth-shaking (and now gut wrenching?) topics like capri pants and Tommy Bahama shirts (worn in or out?  buttoned or unbuttoned? flowered or plain) I think someone missed the humor!

Some people may find a train wreck (in this case a dress code thread) funny but I do not find humor in the angry, belittling posts that occur on these types of threads.  The response should either be "yes", "no", "I'm not sure" or provide a link to Regent's dress code - end of story.  

I fail to see a problem with the posts on this thread but I can see one coming if someone can not stop criticizing other posters who say something other than yes, no, or I'm not sure (or heaven-forbid something humorous).

Is this "yes, no, etc.,"  rule written somewhere?  I keep trying to understand the rules on CC and sometimes am mystified just a wee bit where these rules come from?

Thank goodness Ronrick1943 responded with only a "yes"  and a smiley face after a couple other posts. I hope this teeny bit of humor doesn't violate the rules!