New Princess Website

Redhaven

Does anyone else find the new format of the Princess website with respect to "Find a Cruise" completely frustrating and useless??  Apparently the older format works on tablets, but desktops have a new format that does not show the whole multi-year monthly calendar or let you choose cruises that stop at a particular destination port.  I am completely stymied at planning future cruises with this new thumbnail photo version of the cruise finder.  If I'm not alone, let's collect thoughts here for passing along to Princess.

14 minutes ago, newport dave said:

This is what I see on my windows desktop using chrome browser. 

IMG_20190608_181201.jpg

mostly same with IE, desktop ... except mine has two pink post it notes and one yellow one:classic_cool:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

This is what I see, I assume this is the new format the OP is referring to? It does look like some of the filter/search criteria have disappeared but the multi-year calendar is still there. This is Chromium browser on a Linux laptop, but rebooting into Windoze shows the same layout.

image.thumb.png.4814d1add7948d0e9aa38293cff434ad.png

Wow!  The first two replies above appear to be outside the US, so perhaps this is just a US problem.  The third reply above is yet a new and different format than the one I described.  So we have three versions of the Cruise Finder!

OK, the plot thickens.  Using Firefox I get the familiar old format, same as Posts 2 and 3 above.  Only Chrome seems to attract the new version and mine is different than Post 4.  Anyone have an explanation?

I see what's in the post directly above (the new format) and I'm using Firefox.  I find it annoying how long it takes to download the pictures of all the different itineraries to choose from.  I don't need a picture of the Caribbean to click on "Caribbean". 

Edited by DrivesLikeMario

It's not just the time it takes to download the pictures, which itself is annoying, but also the elimination of functionality like picking an interim itinerary port to see which cruises stop there.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, skynight said:

I see the same as post 2 & 3. Same as it has been for a long time. I would try a different browser and see what you get.

Works for me. When I access the Princess site with Firefox as opposed to the Chromium browser I used above, I get the "old" view. It doesn't seem to be location related, I get the same view when accessing the site from a US, Canadian or UK server.

image.thumb.png.0306056f50eabc27e464bda93e77cb80.png

On my Laptop (Win10) using chrome, its the new version.

On my desktop (Win 7) using chrome its the old version

On my Ipad using SAfari, its the new version.

On my Iphone using safari, its the new version.

On my work laptop (Win 7 enterprise, VPN to another country) using chrome its the new version

All these tests are using the same internet service at the same time.  

I. like many others do not like the new version.  For the life of me, I cannot figure out why a company has the purchaser clicking through so many needless pages to get the information to be able to PURCHASE  their product.  I loose interest and go away or to another site for researching Princess cruises because of it. 

Edited by dweeb
spelling

Clearing the cache and cookies worked!  Back to the old format with Windows 10 Desktop Chrome.  Now the question is -- why did this happen? Was it a mad IT experiment, or some other fluke?  Or is the new format actually in use somewhere, and will it return eventually even after clearing cache and cookies?

2 hours ago, Redhaven said:

Does anyone else find the new format of the Princess website with respect to "Find a Cruise" completely frustrating and useless??  Apparently the older format works on tablets, but desktops have a new format that does not show the whole multi-year monthly calendar or let you choose cruises that stop at a particular destination port.  I am completely stymied at planning future cruises with this new thumbnail photo version of the cruise finder.  If I'm not alone, let's collect thoughts here for passing along to Princess.

There is a long recent thread/discussion on this here on CC.

Maybe someone can dredge it up. Hmmm lets not.  😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

I reported on this a month ago so it's not a new problem. I dislike the new format. I was told to delete my cache and cookies and it would return to the previous site and that worked. 

Same for an Apple laptop using Safari.

1 hour ago, Redhaven said:

OK, the plot thickens.  Using Firefox I get the familiar old format, same as Posts 2 and 3 above.  Only Chrome seems to attract the new version and mine is different than Post 4.  Anyone have an explanation?

I think they're experimenting with changes.

I use Chrome and have the old version.