Desperately seeking live cruise thred

sita

We're three-quarters of the way through our British Isles cruise on Explorer, but sadly I've got no time for a live thread. Much respect to those that do those threads. It's too much work for me.

But I can say that, setting aside the weather, this is a very fine cruise. The Explorer is the best ship I've sailed on, and #2 is probably not close. And John Barron is the best cruise director at sea.

The food has been superb, almost without exception. The pacing has been perfect; no rushing through a meal and no long waits between courses. We weren't thrilled with our Setti Mare experience, but the food was fine there too. All of the specialty restaurants were indeed special, and we've had no problems getting extra reservations. It probably helps that we are happy to eat late.

There's a 300+ passenger group on board, as part of a trip organized by a college in Michigan. It's had no negative effect on us because their group is usually in the theater listening to speakers.

It's going to be really hard to get me off this ship in 4 days. Maybe I'll sign a contract if they're hiring.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Zqueeze1 said:

If you can wait one more week, we plan to run a live thread for our upcoming British Isles cruise. Hang in there and hope you enjoy it. 

Z and TB

Yippee, can't wait. Loved your last one😂

42 minutes ago, Zqueeze1 said:

If you can wait one more week, we plan to run a live thread for our upcoming British Isles cruise. Hang in there and hope you enjoy it. 

Z and TB

Looking forward to your posts!

cAPS lOCK oN - Agree with you 100% about Explorer and John Barron.  

Here's an example of how great CD John is... We're in Liverpool today, so I expected a Beatles tribute. But he went one step further and brought on board the house band from The Cavern, the famous club that the real Beatles played over 200 times. They had the theater rocking!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cAPS lOCK oN said:

We're three-quarters of the way through our British Isles cruise on Explorer, but sadly I've got no time for a live thread. Much respect to those that do those threads. It's too much work for me.

But I can say that, setting aside the weather, this is a very fine cruise. The Explorer is the best ship I've sailed on, and #2 is probably not close. And John Barron is the best cruise director at sea.

The food has been superb, almost without exception. The pacing has been perfect; no rushing through a meal and no long waits between courses. We weren't thrilled with our Setti Mare experience, but the food was fine there too. All of the specialty restaurants were indeed special, and we've had no problems getting extra reservations. It probably helps that we are happy to eat late.

Sounds like you are having a great trip! A couple questions ... Isn’t Lorraine the cruise director? Can you tell me more about your Sette Mari experience? Recently, another poster wasn’t jazzed by it. Maybe we were lucky, our experience there was fabulous.

13 minutes ago, kjbacon said:

Sounds like you are having a great trip! A couple questions ... Isn’t Lorraine the cruise director? Can you tell me more about your Sette Mari experience? Recently, another poster wasn’t jazzed by it. Maybe we were lucky, our experience there was fabulous.

John Barron is definitely our CD, and he is just the best.

Setti Mare was packed on the night we were there, and we were put at a table in the corner by the waiters' station. The service was uncoordinated, if you know what I mean. I think their best people work elsewhere. But the food was as good as anywhere else.

1 hour ago, cAPS lOCK oN said:

Here's an example of how great CD John is... We're in Liverpool today, so I expected a Beatles tribute. But he went one step further and brought on board the house band from The Cavern, the famous club that the real Beatles played over 200 times. They had the theater rocking!

That is truly amazing (but I should never underestimate John Barron).  Thanks for sharing!  It is making me even more excited to sail with him on Splendor next year.

16 hours ago, cAPS lOCK oN said:

John Barron is definitely our CD, and he is just the best.

Setti Mare was packed on the night we were there, and we were put at a table in the corner by the waiters' station. The service was uncoordinated, if you know what I mean. I think their best people work elsewhere. But the food was as good as anywhere else.

Thanks so much for this follow up. I totally get it about that table, def not a good one. I am relieved though to hear that the food is still good. We found that we went a little earlier to dinner there because it did get very crowded by 7pm.

1 hour ago, cAPS lOCK oN said:

You're in luck! John said he's on the Explorer until September 11.

I am indeed in luck. He is also slated to be CD on my Splendor cruise next March. 😊

Thanks for the info! 

Bob

8 hours ago, Zqueeze1 said:

Ok. Two-day warning!  We go “Live From...” this Friday afternoon. 

Z and TB

Looking forward to your blog 😄

Hope the weather cheers up for your cruise. Unfortunately "Flaming June" this year has so far been flamin' wet and unseasonably cool; a marked contrast to the heatwave we enjoyed last year.

Have a safe journey and enjoy your time sailing around the UK on Navigator 😎

14 hours ago, Zqueeze1 said:

Z and TB

Phew....! I had just sent TC an email asking about your cruise. I was afraid I missed it!

Looking forward to a great report. Keep us posted on good watering holes on the little Navigator!

May be considering her in the future.

In the meantime think of us during the first meetings of the Blood Mary and Margarita Society!

Have fun! 

L&J

On 6/12/2019 at 8:27 PM, Zqueeze1 said:

Z and TB

We traveled around the British Isles several years ago. It’s a great trip with so many interesting ports. Enjoy!

Looking forward to your thoughts and comments. I know we will laugh. 

Regards

sheila

Thanks, all, for the nice comments. We are grateful to share our adventures with such great friends.  First order of business will be organizing a meeting of the Bloody Mary and Margarita Society. I’ve shed a a couple of pounds and hope that they don’t make their way back home during this cruise. 

Z and TB

• Like 1

On 6/11/2019 at 7:16 PM, boblerm said:

I am indeed in luck. He is also slated to be CD on my Splendor cruise next March. 😊

Thanks for the info! 

Bob

Bob - when you see John in August tell him we have about 40 people signed up for the M&G (or if you prefer M&M) on the 14 March cruise on the Splendour.    If you want a copy of the list I can e mail it to you if you e mail me (my address is on our roll call)

Gerry

2 hours ago, Hambagahle said:

Bob - when you see John in August tell him we have about 40 people signed up for the M&G (or if you prefer M&M) on the 14 March cruise on the Splendour.    If you want a copy of the list I can e mail it to you if you e mail me (my address is on our roll call)

Gerry

👍