Why does Celebrity Website suck?

mosleyman

7 hours ago, HskrCrsr said:

This characteristic of their excursion site has pushed me over to using their brochure (https://www.celebritycruises.com/excursion-brochure/celebrity/) that's specific to my cruise. I typically save it as a PDF on my computer, read about the excursions at each port, then go back to the planner to purchase the specific excursion of interest. 

@HskrCrsr this is a great idea, thank you! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, zitsky said:

@HskrCrsr this is a great idea, thank you! 

Don't be surprised if you can no longer get a pdf list to download.  For whatever reason, that option ("Download") disappears as fast as it appears, and you get .html pages instead.  At least that's all it does for me here using any of several browsers.

Would be interested in hearing from others that actually have a .pdf download made available to them.

12 minutes ago, canderson said:

Would be interested in hearing from others that actually have a .pdf download made available to them.

Check the 'Print' option, depending on the PC/device you are doing this on you may have a 'save to PDF' option there...

I have a sailing this Sunday on the Equniox and found out this morning my final payment did not go through after I called asking why my docs were not available. First time in using Celebrity rather than a travel agent and will be my last. Even when I called for service I always got a bad phone connection or an agent who was clueless.

13 minutes ago, canderson said:

Don't be surprised if you can no longer get a pdf list to download.  For whatever reason, that option ("Download") disappears as fast as it appears, and you get .html pages instead.  At least that's all it does for me here using any of several browsers.

Using Safari on my MacBook, one of the print options for any document online is to "save as pdf".  I don't know if the same functionality exists using the Safari browser on a non-Apple platform.

On 6/9/2019 at 5:51 PM, cruisingnewtoit said:

The excursions are showing up as booked in my CP. What type of confirmation are you supposed to receive?

Whenever I had an issue with the web site; I would always call the cruise line to have the issue resolved; which they did.  BUT, I always requested and received a confirmation E-mail from the cruise line. 

• Thanks 1

Maybe Celebrity could restructure the pay scale for the IT folks to make compensation more dependent on customer's tips (like the hospitality crew on board the ships).🙂

Seriously though, the blame is best laid at the desk of the CEO.  If she wanted it fixed, it would be.  The calculation must be that the investment required to migrate to a state of the art website is not worth the return to be derived.  Those of us that continue to book cruises (I am one) are part of that calculation.

19 hours ago, HskrCrsr said:

This characteristic of their excursion site has pushed me over to using their brochure (https://www.celebritycruises.com/excursion-brochure/celebrity/) that's specific to my cruise. I typically save it as a PDF on my computer, read about the excursions at each port, then go back to the planner to purchase the specific excursion of interest. 

Yes, that is the way I usually do it, that way I do not have to keep returning to the site to see what the tours are that I may have forgotten or not seen....

The plus is that I can access it on my computer anytime I want without having to log in.

bon voyage

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Cruzinram said:

I have a sailing this Sunday on the Equniox and found out this morning my final payment did not go through after I called asking why my docs were not available. First time in using Celebrity rather than a travel agent and will be my last. Even when I called for service I always got a bad phone connection or an agent who was clueless.

Very serious error.  Was it resolved okay?

Did you make final pay online or by calling in?

We NEVER make final payment online.  We call to apply credit card points to reduce our balance and for OBC.  Cap Club  works best but we usuallt get tgrough ok and have had very good luck with the travel planners.

Hope it works out and you have a great cruise

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, rucrazy said:

While I prefer granny smith I will concede An apple a day keeps the medical bills down! 

Mr Bo! 🤣

I do enjoy granny smiths a great deal, yet to keep the medical bills down I stand by Blantons and Russian Preferred several times a day... LOL

Cheers and bon voyage

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We enjoyed X last/first time.  I dealt with the computer problems.  This next time the only big problem is not having the app.  But we're not near checkin so maybe it's too early to count my blessings.

My job is project management.  X needs some better PMs on their website team.

• Like 1

Some of us are recommending that upper management needs to fix the website and et. al., maybe they are not having issues with it and see no reason to fix it just because the masses are and we keep on booking regardless? LOL

bon voyage

39 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Some of us are recommending that upper management needs to fix the website and et. al., maybe they are not having issues with it and see no reason to fix it just because the masses are and we keep on booking regardless? LOL

bon voyage

I'm having this same conversation with my country club.  They put new dinner menus up on the website but I get file not found.  They say.... it works for us!  And people keep making dinner reservations so they think everything is fine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

I'm having this same conversation with my country club.  They put new dinner menus up on the website but I get file not found.  They say.... it works for us!

I'd bet a fair $ that this happens because the file they point to is not a proper link, but rather, the internal path to the file on THEIR side of the network, so it only resolves if you're in their offices.   Some time, right click on it and see what the 'link' looks like on your end.  Have seen this mistake myriad times

Edited by canderson

9 minutes ago, canderson said:

I'd bet a fair $ that this happens because the file they point to is not a proper link, but rather, the internal path to the file on THEIR side of the network, so it only resolves if you're in their offices.   Some time, right click on it and see what the 'link' looks like on your end.  Have seen this mistake myriad times

I will look later but it's probably something like c:\myfiles\jokes\menus\newmenu.pdf

6 hours ago, zitsky said:

I'm having this same conversation with my country club.  They put new dinner menus up on the website but I get file not found.  They say.... it works for us!  And people keep making dinner reservations so they think everything is fine.

z - You eat from a 'set' menu at your CC??? I would think that you would have them prepare something on the spot specifically for you...!!!

bon appetit and bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953

20 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

z - You eat from a 'set' menu at your CC??? I would think that you would have them prepare something on the spot specifically for you...!!!

bon appetit and bon voyage

I never said they were for me......

• Thanks 1