FINALLY offering 3 perks again!!!!

Pier290

51 minutes ago, voyager1964 said:

Can you add this perk for an existing reservation that has a non-refundable deposit and is far away from final payment? In principle, it says for "new bookings only" but you know what I mean:)

Yes.  I added the $300 OBC today to my existing non refundable Apr 2020 cruise which I booked several months ago.

1 hour ago, ak1004 said:

Yes. This is exactly what they think.

We booked a 12 days Iberian cruise on Sep.6 for $2,350 CAD (inside cabin). Guess what they show now for this cruise?

image.png.923264fcb301b67db47693d1a86874be.png

NO!! It was NEVER $3,649. I have been monitoring it, $2,917 was the highest for the inside cabin for this cruise. 

Celebrity are absolutely the best in marketing, and it works very well for them.

Thank you. I was starting to feel so alone in my price hike 😜. We’re doing that route on HAL next year. $7,000 cdn for 2, giant balcony and drinks on their brand new ship. As much as I love Celebrity I won’t pay what they want. 

Edited by Cruise Junky

Somewhat off-topic but related, I want to take Millennium’s transpacific cruise departing September 6 from Vancouver and was waiting until final payment passed (June) to book. I was hoping for a price drop or a great promo to do so. The price went up $100 today but with this fleetwide free perk promo so the total cost dropped of course.  

BUT, here is my question-does Celebrity ever offer ship specific promos to fill up the ship? (There’s are still a number of staterooms available in all categories). If so, how long before the sail date is typical?

if any of you are willing to share your thoughts,  if it was up to you would you book now or wait awhile?  Purchasing air isn’t an issue (as we are going to stay in Asia and take another cruise) like it often is with a repositioning cruise. 

TIA!

1 hour ago, Clay Clayton said:

Somewhat off-topic but related, I want to take Millennium’s transpacific cruise departing September 6 from Vancouver and was waiting until final payment passed (June) to book. I was hoping for a price drop or a great promo to do so. The price went up $100 today but with this fleetwide free perk promo so the total cost dropped of course.  

BUT, here is my question-does Celebrity ever offer ship specific promos to fill up the ship? (There’s are still a number of staterooms available in all categories). If so, how long before the sail date is typical?

if any of you are willing to share your thoughts,  if it was up to you would you book now or wait awhile?  Purchasing air isn’t an issue (as we are going to stay in Asia and take another cruise) like it often is with a repositioning cruise. 

TIA!

I think the pricing is pretty good. For a balcony, it is $976 p.p. including fees and taxes, but not gratuities. You also can get the balcony, with three perks of your choice, for $1456 including taxes, fees, and gratuities if you choose it as one of the perks.

3 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

TIA!

If the price is low enough, I would pull the trigger. Last minute deals may or may not happen. Cabins are mostly Guarantee or in crappy location. The extra saving may not be that big.

Edited by sfaaa

14 hours ago, bookitdanno said:

I had a 12 day cruise in a 2b cabin with bev pkgs and grats for $3831.92 USD.

Now I have a 12 day in a 2b cabin with bev pkgs and grats and $300 OBC for $3831.92 USD.

No matter what the math, this works out for me!

They charged me $100 to add the 3rd perk and the cost of that 3rd perk is $101.00

They did not tell me about the $100 charge, so I called to cancel it out and I will revert back to my original booking .  No Deal for me.

I have 4 upcoming cruises on Celebrity. Called my travel agent yesterday with mixed results. First cruise is already after final payment. I booked with a group rate and 2 perks since we booked on board. I asked for the 3rd perk and was denied. No surprise there. Second cruise is on the Edge and was not included in this promo. Third cruise is on the Apex in 2020. We are paying for 3 Aqua cabins. We booked with a NRD and 3 perks. The price for a refundable deposit 3 perk cabin is slightly less than I paid but I knew they wouldn't change the deposit from non to refundable but I came away with the same 3 perks and $1260 in savings. The last booking was on The Milly in January of 2021. Because the price went up slightly the 3rd perk was a wash with the new price so I didn't do anything. Now I think I should change it because in the future I can get a price drop but they may never have the 3rd perk again.

Got the offer here today in Australia and no luck for me as 2 of my cruises are way up in price. First cruise is a few hundred dollars difference, the second cruise is almost double in price but the other is for 2021 and the price rise is $3K already. Am thinking of reconsidering the first cruise as I would pay $200 odd extra to get the wifi perk.

1 hour ago, Virgo61 said:

I have 4 upcoming cruises on Celebrity. Called my travel agent yesterday with mixed results. First cruise is already after final payment. I booked with a group rate and 2 perks since we booked on board. I asked for the 3rd perk and was denied. No surprise there. Second cruise is on the Edge and was not included in this promo. Third cruise is on the Apex in 2020. We are paying for 3 Aqua cabins. We booked with a NRD and 3 perks. The price for a refundable deposit 3 perk cabin is slightly less than I paid but I knew they wouldn't change the deposit from non to refundable but I came away with the same 3 perks and $1260 in savings. The last booking was on The Milly in January of 2021. Because the price went up slightly the 3rd perk was a wash with the new price so I didn't do anything. Now I think I should change it because in the future I can get a price drop but they may never have the 3rd perk again.

But keep in mind that if the price drops, you will get the perks associated with that price at that time...you wouldn't keep all 3 perks unless the "new" price included all 3.

• Like 2

If you are someone who wants the Premium drink package and Unlimited Internet for 2 devices, this isn't such a great sale. I just did the math on 3 of my booked cruises included in the sale. Every single one of them, I have a cheaper price now than if I go with the sale and later upgrade and add on the items I need.

For our Alaska bookings out in 2020, the "sale" price once you add the same level of perks on / upgrade them would cost me hundreds more than what I have reserved now.

Looks like the sale is best for someone who considers perks extras they won't buy otherwise.

• Like 2

I booked a cruise for Fall 2020 ten days ago. Thanks for posting this notice as I was able to upgrade from 2 perks to 3, and from a standard balcony cabin to Aqua Class for a very minimal increase in the cost of our cruise. When I originally booked this cruise the difference between the cabin we booked and Aqua was nearly four times what I paid today. So I'm thrilled with the savings and addition of the third perk! 

• Like 1

If I changed my Booking to 3 perks I would loose my $200 book now OBC promo that X had a couple of weeks ago for the Caribbean. Plus I wouldn't save any money because I would end up upgrading to the premium beverage package.

My DH wasn't convinced that we didn't need the internet or the premium drink package for our Alaska Cruise. 

8 hours ago, sfaaa said:

If the price is low enough, I would pull the trigger. Last minute deals may or may not happen. Cabins are mostly Guarantee or in crappy location. The extra saving may not be that big.

Not all the time. The transPacific mention above, leaving September 6, has all kinds of cabins to choose from, not just guarantees. They might not have the oversized balconys, but some of them are in prime locations on almost every level.

I would say getting a prime location balcony for under $100 p.p. per day, including all taxes, fees, gratuities, classic drink package, and your choice of $300 obc or internet, is a pretty sweet deal.

So I looked this morning and I saw the 3 perks deal for Summit Aug 2020.  Now it shows Sail Plus of just 2 perks.  What is going on?  TA also sees the 2perks but can offer 3 for big price increase.

Anyone have a link for the 3 perks offer?  Are there cruises excluded? Cabin categories?

Thanks.

Thank you! Took a 2 hr phone call but so worth it! When all said and done for an inside and for an sv balcony I ended up saving $600 plus classic bev package and $300 obc added for the inside and $300 obc added to the sv balcony. Woo!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, happy cruzer said:

So I looked this morning and I saw the 3 perks deal for Summit Aug 2020.  Now it shows Sail Plus of just 2 perks.  What is going on?  TA also sees the 2perks but can offer 3 for big price increase.

Anyone have a link for the 3 perks offer?  Are there cruises excluded? Cabin categories?

Thanks.

The front screen where you choose between refundable/nonrefundable deposits does list 2 perks. But once you select the 2 perk option it instructs you to choose three of the four. Typo, I guess on the front page? 

1 hour ago, s5cmh170 said:

The front screen where you choose between refundable/nonrefundable deposits does list 2 perks. But once you select the 2 perk option it instructs you to choose three of the four. Typo, I guess on the front page? 

Yes, that is what I see now.  So it turns out the Sale Beyond promo is still better for us.  We got 2 perks then, adding the OBC would not compensate the price increase.

The non-refundable promo with 1 perk would save money as long as you don't need to reschedule....

2 hours ago, happy cruzer said:

The non-refundable promo with 1 perk would save money as long as you don't need to reschedule....

A $200 gamble in the worst case scenario. I rarely book NRD but the extra saving + 1 perk is big enough for me to take the chance.

On 6/12/2019 at 10:43 AM, Pier290 said:

New promo on website!!   1 perk OR 3 perks!!!!

Was able to get the 1 perk for a single veranda we booked that previously we booked without any perks!  RIGHT BEFORE FINAL PAYMENT TOO!!!

WHOO HOO!  😎🥂🍷🥥🌴

Thanks for the head's up!  I was able to upgrade my inside to an OV cabin plus pick up an extra perk ... all for the same amount!  

12 minutes ago, sfaaa said:

A $200 gamble in the worst case scenario. I rarely book NRD but the extra saving + 1 perk is big enough for me to take the chance.

You'd lose a lot more if you couldn't move the balance to another cruise within the one year time frame.

Just give me the lowest refundable price with no perks.  I do understand why cruise lines are being forced into non refundables, but I'm not one of the offenders, so not interested in playing silly games with perks that I don't want or can do better if I buy on board.

• Like 1

I now have to buy trip insurance at the time of booking (for preexisting).  That would also cover the nonrefundable deposit if I have to cancel for a covered reason.  My plan going forward is to book all my cruises while onboard so I don't have to shell out more than $100 nonrefundable or mess with a future cruise credit to use within 12 months.  I don't like it but I can live with $100 cancellation fee.