FINALLY offering 3 perks again!!!!

Pier290

New promo on website!!   1 perk OR 3 perks!!!!

Was able to get the 1 perk for a single veranda we booked that previously we booked without any perks!  RIGHT BEFORE FINAL PAYMENT TOO!!!

WHOO HOO!  😎🥂🍷🥥🌴

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

what a joke....add an extra perk and the price goes up $800 Cdn.  Now the price of the Non Refundable with 1 perk is the same as the two perks refundable deposit yesterday.  Do they think people are stupid?   I'll pass.

Edited by Cruise Junky
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cruise Junky said:

what a joke....add an extra perk and the price goes up $800 Cdn.  Now the price of the Non Refundable with 1 perk is the same as the two perks refundable deposit yesterday.  Do they think people are stupid?   I'll pass.

Must vary with different itineraries.  I was looking at a couple 7-day trips on the Equinox in August and the non-refundable with the one-perk seems to be about the same price as the non-refundable with no perks yesterday.  More than 2 perks never really makes sense for me although it looks like the 3 perk is also about the same price as the 2 perk deal was yesterday.  These sailings seem like a good deal if someone is interested.

9 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Must vary with different itineraries.  I was looking at a couple 7-day trips on the Equinox in August and the non-refundable with the one-perk seems to be about the same price as the non-refundable with no perks yesterday.  More than 2 perks never really makes sense for me although it looks like the 3 perk is also about the same price as the 2 perk deal was yesterday.  These sailings seem like a good deal if someone is interested.

I was looking at Europe. We're comparing some Celebrity sailings with our booked HAL cruise. Yesterday the 10 day Barcelona to Lisbon on Aug 30 was $7,700 cdn for two perks, price today is $8,500 with three perks. I have a drink package on HAL for 12 days and it's $7,000.  No Deal Celebrity.

24 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

This looks like one of the better deals they have offered in quite some time.  The lowest price with one perk is very attractive on many itineraries. 

It might be a website glitch, but check out the cancellation rules.  Mine said I would lose 25% of the fare if cancelled after next week even though the deposit is only half of that.  Very strange terms.

I just booked with three perks and refundable deposit. I had been quoted two perks last week but when I went to book today got the three at the same price. Saving quite a bit for the 16 day bruise with gratuities and drink package included.

• Like 2

It is the game of Cat against the Mouse, increase the price of the cabin and give you an additional perk.

My next vacation: The B2B to Hawaii is more expensive, and the Pacific coast is slightly low.

Edited by gerelmx

IMO X is hoping customers will update their drink package onboard. Pick the 3 that doesn't include gratuities since that's worth the lowest amount of the 4. Most customers are going to pay their gratuities.

If I picked all 4 the price is exactly the same as the price I paid yesterday. Today's price includes the new (lol) $400 discount for the 2nd customer. 

This deal will help customers who don't care about the drink package or the internet.

On the 3 cruises I've got, saved $220 on the first (booked non refundable with 3 perks at the beginning of the year), Saved $100 + extra perk on the second (refundable fare), Got an extra perk on the third (refundable fare as well).

Keeping all my booking onboard OBC and TA group and OBC as well.

So yeah. I'm happy here.

Edited by angelhelly

THANK YOU! Just 5 days ago we changed our 3 perk NRD Equinox Nov 2020 booking to straight NRD and saved $1100 because we did not care so much about those perks

But, seeing this, we just called and now have the Classic Bev Pkg perk again, same exact fare -- yee ha!  X agents are really busy, but very helpful!

@cruiserchuck I guess we lucked out indeed!

Edited by mayleeman
  • Like 1

I have an April 2020 TA booked and fare dropped $200 this past Friday.  Today I read this thread, checked the X website, emailed my agent, and got $300 OBC added (don't drink).  It certainly pays to check these boards!  I usually do dummy bookings about once a week which I incorrectly assumed was too soon after Friday's fare reduction.

Edited by goofysmom99
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Don't forget you're heading into peak Hurricane Season in August and September.

Edited by MISTER 67

2 minutes ago, MISTER 67 said:

Don't forget you're heading into peak Hurricane Season in August and September.

Yep, I understand.  I haven't pulled the trigger and that's one of the reasons. But I think this is probably as good as the deal will get.

Edited by ipeeinthepool

16 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Yep, I understand.  I haven't pulled the trigger and that's one of the reasons. But I think this is probably as good as the deal will get.

We have lived in Florida since 1993 and have taken 5 cruises in late August or early September and they were the best deals we have ever had. The last one in September of 2017 was the only one we had an issue with, Irma was heading to Florida and on Tuesday we were in Grand Caymen and as we left  Georgetown the Captsin made an  announcement that the cruise was being cut by 2 days ending up in Miami on Thursday instead of Saturday. Officials had decided to close the port of Miami on Friday. We were on the MSC Divina and had the option of debarking the ship or staying on board and sailing to Cozumel with free drinks and internet. Because we lived in Florida we wanted to hop in our car and ride out Irma at home and we did but Irma hit us hard but we and our house made it through with only a few missing roof tiles. MSC gave us a refund for the 2 days we missed plus gave us very nice discounts on our next MSC cruise which we took 2 months later in November.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 1

Can you add this perk for an existing reservation that has a non-refundable deposit and is far away from final payment? In principle, it says for "new bookings only" but you know what I mean:)

Our August 14 night Ireland/Iceland cruise dropped enough that we were able to move from Concierge to Aqua, and go from 2 perks to 4 perks for no extra money.  I still don't know how that happened, was prepared to pay an extra $50 each.

I thought that I had been monitoring about once a day, and was shocked with such a large one day (perhaps two day) price drop.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cruise Junky said:

Do they think people are stupid? 

Yes. This is exactly what they think.

We booked a 12 days Iberian cruise on Sep.6 for $2,350 CAD (inside cabin). Guess what they show now for this cruise?

image.png.923264fcb301b67db47693d1a86874be.png

NO!! It was NEVER $3,649. I have been monitoring it, $2,917 was the highest for the inside cabin for this cruise. 

Celebrity are absolutely the best in marketing, and it works very well for them.