Are you kidding me?

I just read a review and the lady said "her cruise was ruined because the captain did not visit her table at dinner."

I may not get it, but I'm pretty sure the Offices and Staff are there to keep you safe and to give you a wonderful time on your cruise.

I just do not understand people who believe the ship's crew are there for there entertainment and to make life long friends.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

I think that lady was just looking for a reason - any reason - to have her cruise ruined. I can't see why anybody would ever expect the captain to visit their table. I can't remember even once when this happened on one of our cruises.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, CruiseRonJulie said:

I just read a review and the lady said "her cruise was ruined because the captain did not visit her table at dinner."

I may not get it, but I'm pretty sure the Offices and Staff are there to keep you safe and to give you a wonderful time on your cruise.

I just do not understand people who believe the ship's crew are there for there entertainment and to make life long friends.

Have a link to share? This I've got to read.

That isn't the end of the random stuff people complain about.  you should read some of the messages/ requests that John Heald gets:

"John, you didn't mention there was a tornado in Ohio last week, I want $50.00 OBC"

"John, the room steward didn't give me a chocolate, what can you do for me????"

"John, the CD made too many announcements, I need a refund!"

people are really ludicrous  

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I read one about the Valor since I'm sailing her soon. Lady pre purchased cheers but apparently didn't have any money or card linked to her s&s.  So when she tried to order drinks going down the Mississippi she didn't have funds for the taxes. She was mad she wasted her money for day one. I wish you could comment back to reviews, couldn't believe she didn't just go to GS and add money instead of not drinking lol.  And I had no clue Carnival would even allow that. 

27 minutes ago, JaxsMama said:

I read one about the Valor since I'm sailing her soon. Lady pre purchased cheers but apparently didn't have any money or card linked to her s&s.  So when she tried to order drinks going down the Mississippi she didn't have funds for the taxes. She was mad she wasted her money for day one. I wish you could comment back to reviews, couldn't believe she didn't just go to GS and add money instead of not drinking lol.  And I had no clue Carnival would even allow that. 

I agree with you.  Yeah, there is no requirement to fund your S&S, but you can't use it if you don't.  SMH at how some people act.

With ship staff, I've made exactly 2 friends who I actually talk to weekly and keep up with. 1 was a photographer, 1 was a performer. Neither are on ships full time now. 

I would love to read the comments on the thread with this particular lady complaining. They have to be lit!

1 hour ago, CruiseRonJulie said:

I also get a kick out of the people that believe they have created a life long friendship with their cabin steward. 

Please, it's a serious request, where did you read this review? Was it a review of a Carnival ship, if so which ship? Got that link?

I have personally known people like that, who, for whatever reason (often seemingly just for the attention) will overblow some random thing and claim it ruined the experience. It drives me insane. I get that we all have things that are important to us, and probably 1-2 most important goals for a vacation. But those super important things you should look into ahead of time and either try to reserve, or find out that it may/may not be possible, and manage your expectations.

I knew a woman who (on land) threw a public temper tantrum when she realized the (very excellent) restaurant she walked into was order-at-the-counter and not a server coming to take your order at the table.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, emory2001 said:

I knew a woman who (on land) threw a public temper tantrum when she realized the (very excellent) restaurant she walked into was order-at-the-counter and not a server coming to take your order at the table.

McDonalds gets me every time too. I sit down and will sit there waiting and waiting for the server who never shows up.  =P

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, pyropoodle said:

That isn't the end of the random stuff people complain about.  you should read some of the messages/ requests that John Heald gets:

"John, you didn't mention there was a tornado in Ohio last week, I want $50.00 OBC"

"John, the room steward didn't give me a chocolate, what can you do for me????"

"John, the CD made too many announcements, I need a refund!"

people are really ludicrous  

I just started "following" John Heald on FB.  In the past 72 hours I've rolled my eyes more than I have in 37 years of living on this planet.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, CruiseRonJulie said:

Welcome to the internet. This has been going since day one.