Yet another corkage fee question

ropomo

50 minutes ago, wripro said:

Why would anyone care what others are drinking? For the same reasons they seem to care what others are wearing. Control issues, I assume!!!!

Wripro - You gave me a good laugh!  Thanks for that!  As the marshmallow said to the needle, "You know, you do have a point"!

Wow, interesting topic.   We have been on other lines with a beverage package and both times once the waiter knew that Hubby and I could easily down a bottle with dinner they would just leave it.  Looking forward to my first Oceania cruise and if someone wants to keep running back with fresh glasses of wine then so be it 😄

11 minutes ago, Morgsmom said:

once the waiter knew that Hubby and I could easily down a bottle with dinner they would just leave it.

On Oceania, you will find that policy isn't necessarily dictated by what is convenient for the staff.  

Thinking about it, that may actually  be the secret to their success!

Enjoy your cruise.

Oceania’s system works great except in the Terrace which one recent poster referenced as a Sahara Desert as far as getting an adult beverage. We avoid the Terrace for that reason except for an occasional breakfast. 

The problem there has nothing ( we think) to do with policy, just intentionally understaffing wait staff. 

1 hour ago, maggie.1008 said:

I enjoy the Terrace on a warm night for dinner. I would expect my wine glass to be filled when empty. 

I assume people are complaining. Oceania management are not listening ? 

Good luck getting that wine glass in the first place. What Pinot is saying was a real issue on our last Oceania cruise. And we like Oceania. 

2 hours ago, ORV said:

Good luck getting that wine glass in the first place. What Pinot is saying was a real issue on our last Oceania cruise. And we like Oceania. 

That's so crazy.  When you ask management about it on the ship what is their response?

Clo;

We received no response from our mid cruise or end of cruise comments on this issue. Oceania’s senior management has decided to reduce adult beverage service staff and recognizes no reason to discuss any shortcomings from that decision.

Our solution is to avoid the Terrace for lunch and dinner and utilize the other venues where such service remains outstanding. The Terrace is for Teatotallers. 

18 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

We received no response from our mid cruise

Was that to a live person?  I'm honestly astounded.

We'll only have one at sea day and, while I love a glass of wine at lunch, it tends to make me want to take a nap 🙂

The service problem is with the Terrace. We’ve always had excellent service elsewhere. Beverage service at Waves is multiple times better than the Terrace which is strange in itself.

On port extensive cruises , especially to areas such as the Med where a bounty of great local wine exists, we typically take OBC instead of the beverage package. If we’re ashore every day at lunch having a package for lunch wines or beer makes no sense. If I can easily purchase ashore great wine and pay corkage, that is better than any package offered by O. If our cruise involves multiple sea days in areas where wine acquisition is difficult, we take the beverage package and upgrade to the premium package. 

On Marina, we found that if we walked out to the service area in Waves where many of the bartenders hang out, they would service us in the area of the Terrace Cafe that was located adjacent to Waves.  You can also carry your Cafe plate out to Waves to sit.  Not ideal but it worked for the times when we had lunch on board on a port day. 

On a premium line like O you shouldn`t have to go in search of a waiter to serve you a glass of wine. 

Next month we are on Azamara and on the  O Riviera in November. It will be interesting to compare the two line. We have not been on AZ for several years. 

10 minutes ago, maggie.1008 said:

The Oceania web site says " House Select Package , enjoy unlimited  Champagne, wine,  and beer with lunch and dinner " 😏

your point is ???