Sanctuary

augies

We are thinking about trying the sanctuary for the first time on the Crown in January.  I can't find the price on the Princess website.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?  Also, I would appreciate any comments about the sanctuary on the Crown.

Thanks.

All ships the same. $20 per chair per half-day.  $40 for full day.  If book for the full cruise, $30/day.

IMO, Crown/Ruby/Emerald/Caribbean have about the best Sanctuaries due to plenty of shaded area as well as open are for sun lovers.  Quiet and pretty decent wind break for the shaded area.

Edited by steelers36

49 minutes ago, Betty in Cozumel said:

You have to pay to go to the quiet Adults-only area on the ship?

Yes, but there are plenty of places (area depends on the ship) that are quiet, usually free of kids and free.

The Terrace pool is adults only, but sometimes the sign is ignored.

The Lotus Spa/Lap Pool is adults only (never seen kids there).

If there's an Adagio Bar &/or a Skywalker, not strictly adults only, but usually kid free.

Most areas are generally "adults only" simply because there are few children (school holidays and some itineraries excepted) and most of them will be in the kid's club or one of the pools on Lido deck.

1 hour ago, Betty in Cozumel said:

You have to pay to go to the quiet Adults-only area on the ship?

You only pay for the Sanctuary, where you pay for some service, a reserved nicely cushioned lounge in a place of your choice. Other adult areas are no charge. You will only find lots of youth during school vacation times and mostly on cruises that are a week or less long. 

5 hours ago, steelers36 said:

All ships the same. $20 per chair per half-day.  $40 for full day.  If book for the full cruise, $30/day.

IMO, Crown/Ruby/Emerald/Caribbean have about the best Sanctuaries due to plenty of shaded area as well as open are for sun lovers.  Quiet and pretty decent wind break for the shaded area.

A photo posted by Host CJSKIDS of the new cushions on The Sanctuary loungers after the Caribbean’s recent shipyard maintenance shows a big change...10”-12” is now 1.5”-2” and is much less comfortable.

11D3C6E4-F4E5-419D-9691-C369AB0AE67A.jpeg

Edited by Astro Flyer

Yes, I saw that post.  I can report the cushions on REGAL last week were the same original ones.  We did not use Sanctuary, but I did a walk-through on Day 1 to check it out for any changes from our last trip on Regal.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, pauon said:

It is worth every penny for the serene quiet area, as well as your own reserved chair.  Comes free with the full suites.  If you like to read and relax... this is the place.

The older ships you didn't need to pay for quiet areas. They didn't have as many people and had plenty of areas that were "free and quiet".

12 minutes ago, pauon said:

It is worth every penny for the serene quiet area, as well as your own reserved chair.  Comes free with the full suites.  If you like to read and relax... this is the place.

uh, no ? as to free with the full suites ..

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, pauon said:

Pretty sure that full suites still have to pony up $$ for the Sanctuary...🙂