RCCL IT Strikes again

I have a couple of cruises coming up with Royal  Caribbean. Lately, I’ve received some very nice computer-generated letters reminding me about the upcoming cruise,  reminding me to check in (even though check in was  complete)  and reminding  me to bring some specific documents for boarding. 

All that is well and good.

Yesterday, I received another letter welcoming me to my upcoming cruise on Mariner of the seas on July 8. Only one problem, I am not booked nor am I taking the Mariner of the seas on July 8.   In fact I am NOT booked to take any cruise on that date.  

I have all my set sail passes and checked online  for our up coming cruises so I know that my check-ins are complete and everything OK. 

Gotta love RCCL IT. 

M

56 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

We also get the emails that offer excursion discounts on a cruises we don't have booked.

And also our cruise planner has excursions for ports our cruise will not visit.  That would probably be really confusing for first timers.

Yesterday I got an invoice emailed with an 848.00 balance on a cruise that has been paid for months.

They will try anything nowadays to get more money out of us wont they? 😉

I called spent the usual 15 minutes on hold when they tried to figure out what they screwed up.  Funny they didnt ask me to take the survey this time around.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I have a couple of cruises coming up with Royal  Caribbean. Lately, I’ve received some very nice computer-generated letters reminding me about the upcoming cruise,  reminding me to check in (even though check in was  complete)  and reminding  me to bring some specific documents for boarding. 

All that is well and good.

Yesterday, I received another letter welcoming me to my upcoming cruise on Mariner of the seas on July 8. Only one problem, I am not booked nor am I taking the Mariner of the seas on July 8.   In fact I am NOT booked to take any cruise on that date.  

I have all my set sail passes and checked online  for our up coming cruises so I know that my check-ins are complete and everything OK. 

Gotta love RCCL IT. 

M

Simple. Go to the website and see what is shows for your up and coming cruise.

One  would think that a large company would bend over backwards to fix problems that have become a running joke [emphasis on the word joke] among its customers. It's been so bad for so long I can only conclude Royal Caribbean just doesn't care.

21 minutes ago, mjldvlks said:

One  would think that a large company would bend over backwards to fix problems that have become a running joke [emphasis on the word joke] among its customers. It's been so bad for so long I can only conclude Royal Caribbean just doesn't care.

If an issue does not immediately affect their bottom line, it's a very low priority.

I get emails for other family members sent to my address, but never any addressed to me.  And I just got a C&A welcome letter congratulating me on my newly acquired gold status.  I'm D+ lol.  But that helps explain why we got a phone call on our Anthem cruise in January...all our typical D+ perks were removed because they were given to us in error they said.  

8 hours ago, queenfrostine22 said:

Every once in a while i get an email welcoming me on my upcoming cruise on Symphony of the Seas.

I have no such cruise.

At least they are thinking about me!

You should just show up.....maybe you were awarded a free cruise!

Invoices / booking confirmations are coming out all FUBAR lately, too.

I noticed a price reduction on my November Explorer cruise, and I called my TA to rebook it.  When he sent me my new invoice, it had the new total, then instead of the $500 deposit I had paid on the Amount Paid line it said "-$233.84" on that line, and my Balance Due amount was then HIGHER than the total price of the cruise!  

I mentioned it to my TA, and he said that the invoices have been coming out with random numbers on them lately, but mine was the only one that he'd seen come out with a NEGATIVE amount paid number.  

He sent me a screenshot of his booking screen that showed the total, the amount I had actually paid, and the correct balance due... the system itself had the right numbers, just not the booking confirmation invoice that was generated after the change.  

He sent my invoice to Royal and they corrected it and sent it back.  I have NO CLUE how the folks in their IT department are able to keep their jobs at this point.  

I have also received similar emails that should have been sent to someone else. Their booking info, itinerary etc were all included. What a breach of privacy! I've also had an email showing an unpaid balance, when another shows paid in full. Even phone agents were giving out conflicting info when I was transferred from agent to agent. Thank goodness the cruise was perfect or we would not be using Royal Caribbean again.

8 hours ago, mikenbon said:

I have also received similar emails that should have been sent to someone else. Their booking info, itinerary etc were all included. What a breach of privacy!

That right there should get Royal's attention.  Giving out customer's information to some random party is a severe data breach and could lead to a major financial loss in the cleanup.  However it would take the right party to get to a high enough level at Royal to make a difference.  Unfortunately I don't think Royal will care until lawyers get involved.

So if anyone gets an email will my info on it, let me know - I've got some lawyers in the family.

Last week we book a group cruise (for a wedding) on Harmony.  Paid the deposit—it’s been charge to our charge card.  I’ve been trying to get a copy of our invoice—-called Royal—- they referred me back to travel agent.  Travel agent finally was able to get Royal to send us a copy of original invoice today (said it wasn’t easy).  I look, and as of today deposit is NOT reflected on invoice.  Even though my credit card shows the $500 a few days ago.  😡.  TA will contact them again—- 

Slightly off topic but I when I logged in this morning (US website) the destinations were listed 1/2 in English and 1/2 in some language I didn't recognize.  I've seen a lot of but that was a first for me.