Symphony, Jr Suite, dining in Coastal Kitchen

33 minutes ago, ladysail2 said:

I’d kind of like to know your rationale for thinking that all P’s need to stay in a suite.  Just curious.

It's not that M8 wants all P's to stay in Suites.

Just the ones who frequent the SL/CK

Why cant we all get along🤔

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

As a shareholder you should be pleased some folks do B2B.

I finally booked a B2B on Harmony...that booking as to celebrate being a new proud member of the NSPP club by that time!  😄 

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Ah yes......according to M8, NSPP should stay out of where he/she wants to be at the time he/she wants to be there.......there are adjectives for people who think like that.

'We' are getting along....there are a few who don't want to.   Such is life.....glad the majority does get along. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yes.  Instead of one GS (which I usually do)...I am doing two JS cabins (fortunately same cabin) for end of next year.  😉 

Nice!  I actually prefer the JS to a GS......prefer the layout.  Enjoy!!

5 minutes ago, ladysail2 said:

Nice!  I actually prefer the JS to a GS......prefer the layout.  Enjoy!!

Thanks!  The JS cabins on other class of ships is usually what we book, though with a few GS cabins tossed into the mix about 30-40% of the time.  We have been booking GS cabins on Oasis class, since we love the extra perks and the larger bathroom.  Still have one booked for end of this year, and in fact had booked one week GS for the following year.  Changed that one to opt for B2B in a JS.  🙂 

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

Thanks!  The JS cabins on other class of ships is usually what we book, though with a few GS cabins tossed into the mix about 30-40% of the time.  We have been booking GS cabins on Oasis class, since we love the extra perks and the larger bathroom.  Still have one booked for end of this year, and in fact had booked one week GS for the following year.  Changed that one to opt for B2B in a JS.  🙂 

We swapped out one JS for two weeks in a CP balcony. Same price. No brainer

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

We swapped out one JS for two weeks in a CP balcony. Same price. No brainer

Agree...no brainer indeed.  The only "bottom line" I am interested in is mine...not RCI shareholders.  😄  

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

Agree...no brainer indeed.  The only "bottom line" I am interested in is mine...not RCI shareholders.  😄  

Well, I also got the opportunity to score the dbl balcony for those two weeks. 🤔

IMAG7213.thumb.jpg.5748a54e67c60ecd6266aceeef8bc38f.jpg

51 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

NSPP is not my term. I’ve never said P’s shouldn’t have access to the SL/CK. I have suggested limiting the quantity of P’s on certain heavy cruises. I have suggested P’s should have their own area. On Celebrity, the highest status doesn’t have access to the Full Suite area unless they are in a Full Suite. I don’t recall the names of those Lounges/Restaurant. 

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Again, please quote me where I said that. I have said there needs to be a way to limit the numbers in the in the SL/CK. 

Apologies,  slightly out of context

35 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Again, please quote me where I said that. I have said there needs to be a way to limit the numbers in the in the SL/CK. 

I’m not trying to say fake words....you've never actually said why you dislike all the P’s in the CK.  Now you've said it......you want to limit how many are allowed in.  Choice of words on my part were not very good.  Should the number of suite people be limited too?  Or just P’s?  If the whole CK fills up with suite people,  is it okay with you that the P’s get upset?

it’s a useless discussion and why waste time on it. It’s first come, first served.  Just like the theatre, like the WJ, like the gym, like the spa, like booking cabins, etc.   

I’m sorry you got upset with my question, no harm meant.  Perhaps speaking to Royal management would be a better outlet for your angst.  Let them try to resolve it to your satisfaction.  

Happy Day!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ladysail2 said:

I’m not trying to say fake words....you've never actually said why you dislike all the P’s in the CK.  Now you've said it......you want to limit how many are allowed in.  Choice of words on my part were not very good.  Should the number of suite people be limited too?  Or just P’s?  If the whole CK fills up with suite people,  is it okay with you that the P’s get upset?

it’s a useless discussion and why waste time on it. It’s first come, first served.  Just like the theatre, like the WJ, like the gym, like the spa, like booking cabins, etc.   

I’m sorry you got upset with my question, no harm meant.  Perhaps speaking to Royal management would be a better outlet for your angst.  Let them try to resolve it to your satisfaction.  

Happy Day!

There are about 350 potential suite passengers on any given sailing. More in summer and holidays.  So yes, it can fill up quickly. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ladysail2 said:

Happy Day!

Aren't you just coming back to Royal Caribbean after not sailing for a few years?  Things are not first come first served everywhere.  Star class passengers can request a specific seat and a red cloth is put over that seat in the venue.  Some have even seen this in the Schooner Bar, I haven't, but it has been reported.  In other venues, The Key has a section just for them as do suites and diamond plus and pinnacle.  Coastal Kitchen staff does give seating preference to certain parties.  Have experienced it on Oasis way more than Anthem.  We had very poor service from one maitre'd in Coastal Kitchen on Oasis, though I have seen others say how marvelous this individual was to pinnacles.  There is an issue that needs to be addressed whether some can see it or not.

This is the first time I've ever seen CK in the cruise planner for reservations.  I'm in an L2 for the 9/29 sailing (91 days out).  I thought, YAY... no need to make a bee-line to CK any longer to reserve the days I want to eat there.  Clicking through the usual "Add to Cart", selecting guests (me), and then clicking next to select date and time just pops up a "Selection Not Available" error message.

I'll give it a shot again closer in to my sail date.

Screen Shot 2019-06-30 at 10.33.00 AM.png

1 minute ago, mk-ultra said:

.... Clicking through the usual "Add to Cart", selecting guests (me), and then clicking next to select date and time just pops up a "Selection Not Available" error message.

Not surprising, Royal's IT at work again.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mk-ultra said:

This is the first time I've ever seen CK in the cruise planner for reservations.  I'm in an L2 for the 9/29 sailing (91 days out).  I thought, YAY... no need to make a bee-line to CK any longer to reserve the days I want to eat there.  Clicking through the usual "Add to Cart", selecting guests (me), and then clicking next to select date and time just pops up a "Selection Not Available" error message.

I'll give it a shot again closer in to my sail date.

Screen Shot 2019-06-30 at 10.33.00 AM.png

I thought the Concierge can make them for you before you sail

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Not surprising, Royal's IT at work again.

LOL.  Yep.  I assume it's either borked or there's some sort of limit on how far out I can reserve and the error message is just vague.

Edited by mk-ultra