Crystal River cruise help

captjohn

OK I know this is all about ocean cruising but I have a question;  We will be going on a river cruise in Aug. and since I am an alcoholic I was wondering if a bottle of my favorite scotch would be provided in our room ? OK any scotch ! We have been cruising on Regent mostley and have been accustomed to this , just trying to plan ahead. We will also be taking our first Crystal Ocean cruise in January so looking forward to that also.

Moved to the River Cruising forum where Crystal River posts belong.  If you want to ask this question about your upcoming Crystal Ocean cruise, please post it again there referring to that cruise.

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Moved to the River Cruising forum where Crystal River posts belong.  If you want to ask this question about your upcoming Crystal Ocean cruise, please post it again there referring to that cruise.

My intent was to get a response from Crystal cruisers ocean or river. I am afraid my query will be lost in the general river cruise category.. So thanks for your help.

If you are asking about a Crystal River Cruise a bottle of scotch will not be automatically in your room.

I am confused.  You say you are an alcoholic so are you asking because you don't want a bottle placed in your room?

So can you please clarify.  Do you want a bottle in the room or not in the room?

Keith

• Like 1

From Crystal's website:

Bringing alcohol onboard at embarkation: Crystal does not impose any limitations onalcohol brought onboard; alcohol brought on may be consumed in all public areas and staterooms, with no corkage fee. Purchasing alcohol in port to bring onboard: It's allowed and may be consumed onboard without restriction.Aug 21, 2018

purchase duty free and enjoy

We are on Bach right now and can attest that there is one bottle of red and one of white in the room when you arrive, plus a chilled bottle of "champagne", actually an Austrian sparkling for the "purists" on CC. I don't actually know if you could get a bottle of scotch, but I suppose if you ask your Butler it can be provided. Having said that, it is only about a 30 second walk from any room to the bar in the Palm Court, or to the bar on the Sun Deck when it is open during the day.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, captjohn said:

My intent was to get a response from Crystal cruisers ocean or river. I am afraid my query will be lost in the general river cruise category.. So thanks for your help.

River is river and Ocean is ocean, and never the two shall inhabit the same board on CC. Them's the rules.

Wow thanks for all the replies. The alcoholic comment was tongue in check. I should not have said this because to some this is a serious problem. I understand about the separation thing now.

17 hours ago, captjohn said:

Wow thanks for all the replies. The alcoholic comment was tongue in check. I should not have said this because to some this is a serious problem. I understand about the separation thing now.

Yes, glad you clarified.

Once you are on board you can ask the butler for a particular bottle of scotch or other item you may want.

If you would like to see if they can already have this in your room you can send an e-mail to:

ButlerService@crystalcruises.com

Put in front of the word Butler the vessel you are sailing.  For example if Bach it would read.

BachButlerService@crystalcruises.com

Provide your booking number and your name and see if they can advise the vessel of your preference.

We had an amazing time on our first Crystal River Cruise and for that matter first river cruise ever just last month.

Keith

• Like 1

On 6/25/2019 at 10:20 AM, captjohn said:

As an FYI, I asked our butler this evening and yes you can get a bottle of scotch, or anything else, in your room. All you have to do is ask for it.

• Like 1

Thank you Roland. I have another question; Is laundry service or laundry facilities available on board. We will be on the Ravel , Vienna R/T and also doing a Tauck Tour for 14 days after the river cruise so think we will need to figure something out. I did look at the web site but could not find any information.

19 minutes ago, captjohn said:

Thank you Roland. I have another question; Is laundry service or laundry facilities available on board. We will be on the Ravel , Vienna R/T and also doing a Tauck Tour for 14 days after the river cruise so think we will need to figure something out. I did look at the web site but could not find any information.

we were on Crystal river cruise last month, and there are "free" washing machines/dryers with detergents, for you .You can also send out for fee

3 hours ago, Canal archive said:

Capt John wish you cruised with Scenic you’d fit in really well! CA

Just wondering why you suggest Scenic. Actually we have looked at Scenic, just wondering why you are suggesting  Scenic for us ?

13 hours ago, captjohn said:

As the others have said, there is both laundry and guest laundry available. The laundry service is very good and not unreasonable. We sent out Laundry that was picked up at 9:15 and it was back by 5:00 the same day, and we did not request same day service.