Looks like the Oasis DL is going to be cabins, Not wonderland

Looks like Oasis of the Seas will begin her 63 day overhaul at the shipyard in Cadiz, Spain, towards the end of Sept. 2019. 

"The planned 63-day overhaul will begin at Navantia Shipyard in Cadiz, Spain at the end of Oasis’ summer European sailing season in September. When it emerges, the ship will show off its new features sailing out of the Port of Miami for a winter season of seven-night Eastern and Western Caribbean voyages beginning Nov. 24, 2019."

Even though this article was published back on May 21, 2019, it's the first time I've read about the Oasis going back to Cadiz, although many of us suspected that's what would happen.

Here's the link for the article where the above quote is in the 5th paragraph:

Happy sailing,
Suzy B

On 6/28/2019 at 9:08 PM, taglovestocruise said:

Well, thank God the Bionic Bar is still on the deck plan. I would hate to think that total waste of space was turned into 6 inside cabins.

Bionic Bar is fun.  So yeah I’d much prefer that to a few more cabins.  

On 6/29/2019 at 2:56 PM, Pratique said:

I stopped going to Red Sox games after they started selling standing room only tickets. Kinda feels like Royal's headed in the same direction. We'll see.

We were at Marlins park earlier today and the only section that's semi crowded is the standing room section that's near the park's party central.  

Being a baseball fan in Florida sucks. 

On 6/29/2019 at 12:24 AM, John&LaLa said:

I believe I said Diamond pattern. Vision has Vertical,  way different when you have to build walls😉

Actually, your issue is that the wall is not perfectly vertical, not that there is a diamond pattern in the glass.

3 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Actually, your issue is that the wall is not perfectly vertical, not that there is a diamond pattern in the glass.

Well see in a few months, but plenty of sloped walls in cabins

4 hours ago, Sailor Taylor said:

We were at Marlins park earlier today and the only section that's semi crowded is the standing room section that's near the park's party central.  

Sorry to hear this.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sailor Taylor said:

You've got Spring Training

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I imagine it would have gotten more use if you could access via Solarium. 

A staircase down there would have been great; they could have had the sunloungers setup and have a more breezy/quieter area to sunbathe.  

Too late now 

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 8:05 AM, Ocean Boy said:

Maybe it wouldn't be rarely used if half the time the door to get out there wasn't deactivated and, secondly, there were some chairs there. I love it out there and especially at night. RCI keeps finding ways to mess up their ships.

Or if they had redesigned it to be the same configuration as on Harmony. The deck 14 solarium is our favorite spot on Harmony.

32 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Or if they had redesigned it to be the same configuration as on Harmony. The deck 14 solarium is our favorite spot on Harmony.

It's conceivable that Deck 15 Solarium will be extended over the new cabins. Maybe even the bridge wings. We'll see what happens in a few months.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LMaxwell said:

A staircase down there would have been great; they could have had the sunloungers setup and have a more breezy/quieter area to sunbathe.  

Too late now 

Not if they build some type of access to the roof of the cabins from the solarium.

2 hours ago, Pratique said:

It's conceivable that Deck 15 Solarium will be extended over the new cabins. Maybe even the bridge wings. We'll see what happens in a few months.

That would be an interesting way to make those new cabins worth complaining about. I can just see the threads now about the non-stop dragging of chairs or rolling of carts over those cabins😱

12 minutes ago, orville99 said:

That would be an interesting way to make those new cabins worth complaining about. I can just see the threads now about the non-stop dragging of chairs or rolling of carts over those cabins😱

I was thinking that the officers on the bridge might complain about all the noise above them.

• Haha 1

Just saw the addition of 52 new cabins planned for Oasis in which they take away the Diamond Lounge on decks 11 and 12 (no Wonderland either) and move it to the comedy club area on deck 3. Wow, they are reducing the lounge size dramatically and taking away all windows. Yes, I get that free drinks are loaded on your card for happy hour but it was a nice benefit to just get away from the crowds and enjoy sitting with a a cappuccino and looking at the boardwalk and aqua theater.  I also enjoyed a few bites of cheese with my pre dinner drink since I really prefer not to drink on an empty stomach and there are no free bar nibbles if you use your drink credit at the bar . I am a diamond plus and each time a new money making change is revealed I "suck it up" and stay "loyal to royal" but damn, they are making it really difficult. Congrats loyal cruisers. Enjoy your crammed windowless lounge on deck 3!

20190701_152248.png

20190701_152224.png

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

So, is the grand total with these more than on Harmony/Symphony?

I don´t have a clue... I never counted the cabins but my information was 2,759 on Symphony (6,680 pax max) and 2,747 on Harmony (6,780 pax max). The tricky thing is that you get different numbers on different websites (even the official RCI websites in different countries show different numbers) and I never counted on the deck plans myself.

steamboats

5 hours ago, Biker19 said:

So, is the grand total with these more than on Harmony/Symphony?

FWIW. Currently RCI reports estimated capacity: https://www.rclinvestor.com/financial-info/key-statistics/

Oasis 5450 berths (2725 cabins)

Allure 5450 (2725)

Harmony 5450 (2725) EDIT: Harmony has 15 solo cabins so ~2739

Symphony 5500 (2750)

Oasis 5 5700 (2850)

So, based on this, Oasis will be over 2750.

Edited by Pratique

• 6 months later...
On 6/28/2019 at 5:57 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

I already switch my 2 interior cabins for Christmas 2020 to 12916 and 12920.  I’m hoping they kept the windows 

@Ourusualbeach or anyone else--do we have any reports yet as to whether the cabins next to the new card room, old DL have windows. I see some on the current deckplan show as interior, but the ones just to either side of the card room say 'promendade view interior' category 2T  12918 is the one I was looking at, but 11916 shows the same.  

1 minute ago, rockmom said:

@Ourusualbeach or anyone else--do we have any reports yet as to whether the cabins next to the new card room, old DL have windows. I see some on the current deckplan show as interior, but the ones just to either side of the card room say 'promendade view interior' category 2T  12918 is the one I was looking at, but 11916 shows the same.  

The ones in the corners seem to have windows as you are looking at them from BW

So its a BW view

Edited by John&LaLa

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

The ones in the corners seem to have windows as you are looking at them from BW

So its a BW view

exactly what I thought. Which would be fine for my daughter and grandson, she doesn't want a balcony.  It's weird that they call them promenade view so I'm a bit skeptical.  

13 minutes ago, rockmom said:

exactly what I thought. Which would be fine for my daughter and grandson, she doesn't want a balcony.  It's weird that they call them promenade view so I'm a bit skeptical.  

Probably didn't want to create another category 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rockmom said:

We were in 11914. Can confirm there's a floor to ceiling window with a view of the boardwalk. The main downside is that I think our room was smaller than then typical interior room. There was only enough room for a one-person armchair, versus a two-person sofa that I believe is standard.

• Thanks 1