Oceania Club benefits

basor

We will have 8 cruise credits when boarding our 28 day cruise on Riviera.....this cruise will give us 2 more credits.  Our question is will we receive Silver benefits on this cruise (since we will have 10 including this cruise)  or will we receive the benefits on the next cruise which would be cruise credit 11+

I have searched but could not find any discussion on this topic...

Thanks in advance

If Oceania has not changed the guidelines, you should receive silver benefits on your Riviera cruise. You should also be presented with your silver pin at the cocktail party. 

some got their pins at the past cruisers reception in April

we opted  to get ours  sent to the cabin

IME

it depends on how many pax will be getting that level  pin

then they just send them to your cabin if there are too many getting them that night

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

some got their pins at the past cruisers reception in April

we opted  to get ours  sent to the cabin

Yes - I believe they ask you if you wish to be recognized at the reception and get the pin. If not, you get the pins in your cabin.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

Yes - I believe they ask you if you wish to be recognized at the reception and get the pin. If not, you get the pins in your cabin.

yes  on our paper for the  party they asked if we wanted to receive them at the party 

we said no thank you

they were on the bed when we returned one night

works for me  🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paulchili said:

I'm just gonna ask: what do you DO with those pins?  I assume, perhaps wrongly, that you don't wear them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, clo said:

I'm just gonna ask: what do you DO with those pins?  I assume, perhaps wrongly, that you don't wear them.

some people do wear them

Not sure where ours are 😎

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On my last 2-3 cruises, they had between 50-72% of the cruisers being Club members . At least once they split the group in two and had multiple receptions.

Typically they only recognized those with 50, 60, or 70 cruises. Everyone else got their pins on their beds.

So, it might depend upon the cruise. 

We’ve been on cruises with two couples having 70+ Oceania Cruises! Well over 2 years at Sea on Oceania . One of those couples had already done one ATW, and had the second one booked. They’re probably closing in on 100 now! One cruise, several years back, we had this lady that basically lived in a PH 1 aboard the Marina! At the time she had more cruises on O than everyone else. Not sure if she’s still among the living! 

Anyway, on those cruises, having 9 prior didn’t put one in the limelight!

Haven’t a clue where my piddling pins are!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, clo said:

My wife wears ours for earrings. I have a sash with all my old ones on it like a boy scout merit badge sash. Isn't that what you're supposed to do with them? 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, ORV said:

My wife wears ours for earrings. I have a sash with all my old ones on it like a boy scout merit badge sash. Isn't that what you're supposed to do with them? 

Great ideas!  I especially like the sash.  So do you wear that for formal event!?!?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, clo said:

Great ideas!  I especially like the sash.  So do you wear that for formal event!?!?

Oh no, I wear it all the time while onboard. 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, pinotlover said:

On my last 2-3 cruises, they had between 50-72% of the cruisers being Club members . At least once they split the group in two and had multiple receptions.

Typically they only recognized those with 50, 60, or 70 cruises. Everyone else got their pins on their beds.

So, it might depend upon the cruise. 

We’ve been on cruises with two couples having 70+ Oceania Cruises! Well over 2 years at Sea on Oceania . One of those couples had already done one ATW, and had the second one booked. They’re probably closing in on 100 now! One cruise, several years back, we had this lady that basically lived in a PH 1 aboard the Marina! At the time she had more cruises on O than everyone else. Not sure if she’s still among the living! 

It boggles my mind to think about this.  

3 minutes ago, KS&JW said:

One cruise, several years back, we had this lady that basically lived in a PH 1 aboard the Marina!

We've all read I'm sure that this is a $$$-friendly alternative to assisted living.  But they never seem to mention that dreaded "medical emergency."  Sure not where *I* want to be if/when that occurs.

Thanks for all of the great replies....we were specifically interested in the pre-paid gratuities benefit and higher amount of OBC.  On this cruise our TA has included pre-paid gratuities so wondering if we will receive OBC for our silver benefit of pre-paid gratuities?  Also, will we receive the larger Silver benefit of OBC?

29 minutes ago, basor said:

Thanks for all of the great replies....we were specifically interested in the pre-paid gratuities benefit and higher amount of OBC.  On this cruise our TA has included pre-paid gratuities so wondering if we will receive OBC for our silver benefit of pre-paid gratuities?  Also, will we receive the larger Silver benefit of OBC?

You should receive your Silver OBC on the second segment when you become Silver.

Your Silver PPG will be given as $250 OBC as you have PPG from your TA..

4 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

You should receive your Silver OBC on the second segment when you become Silver.

Your Silver PPG will be given as $250 OBC as you have PPG from your TA..

This is not a B2B but one cruise 28 days long....that is why I was trying to figure out if and when we would receive our Silver benefits....

9 minutes ago, basor said:

This is not a B2B but one cruise 28 days long....that is why I was trying to figure out if and when we would receive our Silver benefits....

In that case you should get the increased Silver OBC at the start of your cruise. The second PPG could be $250 or $350 but not full value of PPG as you are not grandfathered in. 😥

This is what I think but you should confirm it with your TA.

• Like 1