New Captain for Quest

uktog

I have just seen posts on Facebook- Staff Captain Filip on Journey has been handed his masters stripes from Johannes and Gianmario this morning and is heading to Quest. Congratulations Filip well deserved! 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, uktog said:

I have just seen posts on Facebook- Staff Captain Filip on Journey has been handed his masters stripes from Johannes and Gianmario this morning and is heading to Quest. Congratulations Filip well deserved! 

We recently had dinner on board with Filip. His demeanour instils confidence that the ship is in good hands. 

As I mentioned earlier, he told us he wants officers to increase those dining invitations to passengers.

• Like 1

Just now, nordski said:

We recently had dinner on board with Filip. His demeanour instils confidence that the ship is in good hands. 

As I mentioned earlier, he told us he wants officers to increase those dining invitations to passengers.

Indeed, when we were hosted by Gianmario he included the Safety Officer George and it was his first time at a hosted table.  He was so good it was great to see him being mentored (he holds his masters ticket) for future roles.

35 minutes ago, hubofhockey said:

On the officer schedule, there were TBD planned Jan 21 and on, but are either Magnus or Pelle leaving the company?

I think rather than posting what I think is happening, its better if Bonnie posts so there is no risk of the wrong messages floating around!

Pelle just came  on and i never met him. Magnus has been around since I started with the company if not before. I would think he  is ready for a new challenge.  I still wonder how much long Carl and Johaness will stay. Seems  the captains are flowing off to sea on new ships.

2 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Best not to speculate.  As uktog says wait for official rather than starting rumours.

Phil 

Not trying to  speculate. But in the last 12 to 18 months lots of changes - not just Captains. So part  of me questions will I miss the old AZ that I started with  9 years ago.

1 hour ago, lovecruzin said:

Boarded Quest today in Vancouver. After the muster drill, Captain Magnus announced that Captain Filip arrived today and said he would take over starting July 12. 

meaning  that Pelle quit or  he  did?

1 hour ago, travelberlin said:

And any body knows what captain JOSE is up to?

He is at home enjoying his family. Also lots of pictures of would call spirital walks of multi days with friends. One was over a week long. He looked very happy.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, uktog said:

Magnus is due to go on holiday now. 

I am to have Magnus as a Captain this fall. I am just trying to find out if Pelle left after a year and the new Captain taking over or what. I know Quest does not  have 3 captains. So is it Magnus and Pelle or the other new Captain that just got promoted. Thank you!!

1 minute ago, ellbon said:

I am to have Magnus as a Captain this fall. I am just trying to find out if Pelle left after a year and the new Captain taking over or what. I know Quest does not  have 3 captains. So is it Magnus and Pelle or the other new Captain that just got promoted. Thank you!!

We are all waiting for Bonnie's official statement. Until then everything is supposition so lets wait a little longer and get the official word.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, uktog said:

We are all waiting for Bonnie's official statement. Until then everything is supposition so lets wait a little longer and get the official word.

I had one Captain on Quest who lasted one contract. All the others stayed longer. i am surprised  hte poster from Quest did not say. I knew  in the fall i had two different captains but i like to  know if i have two new ones. Never felt i got to know the new captain on JR last fall.  Before I can learn a name the captain is gone. Hard  to replace Jose and i  have know Magnus since 2010.

It is hard not to speculate based on the evidence.  Looking at the senior officer schedule, July 12 was when Captain Pelle was to return for his rotation in the schedule on Quest. If he has been replaced by Capt. Filip, then I think this will be the 4th captain assigned to our  August 7 cruise.  Our CD (Stephen) and Executive chef (Shijunath) also seem newer to their positions in that they aren’t listed above in the bios.  I’m hoping with so many new senior staff, that things run smoothly.

27 minutes ago, SoBaycruiser said:

It is hard not to speculate based on the evidence.  Looking at the senior officer schedule, July 12 was when Captain Pelle was to return for his rotation in the schedule on Quest. If he has been replaced by Capt. Filip, then I think this will be the 4th captain assigned to our  August 7 cruise.  Our CD (Stephen) and Executive chef (Shijunath) also seem newer to their positions in that they aren’t listed above in the bios.  I’m hoping with so many new senior staff, that things run smoothly.

Since I started with AZ Quest has had the most Captains. So far on that ship i had 3 but missed two. On JR i had  3 but one is  on Quest now.  For some reason they are having trouble fitting a captain with the ship. Stephen was on the JR as asst CD. He about 25030-tall and thing with a man bun. seen his hair down-longer than mine. The chef I know nothing. With two ships i knew all the chefs but they move  one to Pursuit and either promoted   or hired a chef. Chef Robert trains them all. I onder what happened to Tyrone as i wish he was promoted.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, uktog said:

Thank you uktog. I am awaiting the official statement as well.

• Like 1

I'm sure Captain Filip will be excellent as a new Captain of Quest. He has been a Staff Captain on Journey for some time and I think it's great that Azamara recognises their own homegrown talent for a well deserved promotion. 

As for Stephen as CD, I have mentioned him before. He has a great voice and is a really nice guy...very guest focussed and pleasant. I don't think I have sailed with Chef Shijunath yet but I do know people who have and they thought the food onboard was wonderful.  

• Like 3