DELI SANDWICHES

Heimey

Hello everyone.We are new to Celebrity. Cruised mostly on Carnival. Once on Royal.  I've searched the deck plans of the celebrity reflection and can't seem to find a deli. Is there something I'm missing? We are real deli lovers. We are excited about our first cruise on the Reflection, but will miss a freshly made sandwich. Please help!!!!!!!!

Thanks a lot in advance

Heimey

4 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

There are stations at the buffet where they will make fresh sandwiches and paninis, however if you're looking for corned beef and pastrami, I've not seen them.

What meats are available?????

As I recall there were various types of ham, turkey, salami, cheeses, tuna and different bread and rolls. I don't remember rye bread, but it may have been there. That's not usually what I choose for lunch, so I'm a bit hazy on specifics.

19 minutes ago, Heimey said:

What meats are available?????

It varies but will generally be low cost common deli meats such as turkey, ham and some kind of cooked salami.  Celebrity usually has decent large croissants and a hard roll available at the sandwich station.

Hank

Before you stick to your favourite lunchtime treat have a walk around the buffet....The Indian selection is excellent!

If you decide to stay with a sandwich there is always a ‘roast of the day’ so you could get a portion of that and make up your own sandwiches from the salads, breads etc.

Also the Porch on Reflection offers lunch for, I think $20. We loved the seafood tower!

Heimey, hope you have a fantastic cruise!

Edited by chemmo
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mgmigs said:

Yeah I thought I remembered them having roast beef, corned beef, pastrami, turkey and griddled hot dogs.....

Usually each day they have a carving station with beef, pork, chicken/turkey or ham.  Unfortunately I've never seen corned beef or pastrami.   Hot dogs, burgers and fries are outside by the pool.

Thank you all for your help. We are so excited to be trying something new. I know I’ll be back with more questions in the future lol. Have a great day at work everyone. 

Heimey

6 hours ago, Hlitner said:

It varies but will generally be low cost common deli meats such as turkey, ham and some kind of cooked salami.  Celebrity usually has decent large croissants and a hard roll available at the sandwich station.

Hank

This is a good description...the deli selections  at the buffet are usually quite low quality and skimpy on most X ships.

Btw ..EDGE has a sep cafe/deli in the EDEN area that was excellent! Freshly made sandwiches, great breads.   Not sure about what they have up at the buffet on EDGE...only had breakfast up there once or twice

Last April on the Reflection we came across corned beef brisket one day at the carving station, next day they had grilled Rubens at the Mast Grill.  We scrounged up some deli mustard, swish cheese, and horseradish,  had the best two lunches all cruise.

7 hours ago, mgmigs said:

Yeah I thought I remembered them having roast beef, corned beef, pastrami, turkey and griddled hot dogs.....

I don’t recall ever seeing corned beef or pastrami on a Celebrity ship. And if they did serve it, I doubt it would be of very good quality, given the lunch meats they do serve. 

4 hours ago, chemmo said:

Before you stick to your favourite lunchtime treat have a walk around the buffet....The Indian selection is excellent!

I totally agree! And at dinner too!

2 hours ago, hcat said:

This is a good description...the deli selections  at the buffet are usually quite low quality and skimpy on most X ships.

Btw ..EDGE has a sep cafe/deli in the EDEN area that was excellent! Freshly made sandwiches, great breads.   Not sure about what they have up at the buffet on EDGE...only had breakfast up there once or twice

Yes agree that the Eden Cafe is a hidden gem worth finding!

3 hours ago, hcat said:

In defense of Celebrity, they are not alone (among cruise lines) in using lower cost meats for sandwiches.  At one time, HAL used some pretty decent meats at their Lido sandwich station where they used to custom make each sandwich.  I used to tease the sandwich maker to make me a pastrami sandwich like I get at "Katz's" and would sometimes get a pretty decent sandwich (where the meat is thicker then the bread).  But alas, HAL abandoned their sandwich station concept are replaced it with pre-made sandwiches where they can carefully control the amount of meat in each sandwich (which means a lot less meat).

Funny tale about HAL is that one day I grabbed 3 of the pre-made sandwiches and "deconstructed-constructed" one decent deli sandwich!  The Lido Supervisor stopped at our table to watch what I was doing and we both had a good laugh.  

Hank

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Celebrity has a large selection of different types of breads for sandwiches.  They also have very good chicken, egg and tuna salad.  With some creativity utilizing the carved meat selection as mentioned, you can make a delicious sandwich every day if you so choose.