Naughty room

33 minutes ago, springfire said:

Can't believe with everything we have taken on a cruise and we have never been called down for issues with our luggage.  Took a TA cruise from Europe last year and they even delivered our case of wine we purchased to our room.  You just never know.

As I would say to my DH...."now you just jinxed us".  😉 AKA:  Murphy's Law

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

We now take ALL our luggage on ourselfs as to not run into any more problems.....so much easier!👍

That solves most of the problems with items they don't like. 

Several people have noted they were called to the naughty room to show that a suspicious item was actually allowed. It sounds like they won't open the bags themselves to inspect them. However our experience was that we had one suitcase that arrived at the cabin several hours after the others. Inside was a note explaining that the naughty room people had opened and inspected it but found no violations. Something must have looked suspicious in the x-ray.  I don't know why it was different for us, maybe because we were in a GS?

Just now, SG65CB said:

Several people have noted they were called to the naughty room to show that a suspicious item was actually allowed. It sounds like they won't open the bags themselves to inspect them. However our experience was that we had one suitcase that arrived at the cabin several hours after the others. Inside was a note explaining that the naughty room people had opened and inspected it but found no violations. Something must have looked suspicious in the x-ray.  I don't know why it was different for us, maybe because we were in a GS?

Our experience also.  Opened the luggage, nothing in there, wrinkled up everything (it was a real mess), then delivered it to our stateroom.   We asked for and they gave us a voucher for pressing almost everything.  🍷

5 hours ago, SG65CB said:

Maybe a different policy ship to ship.  Our bags have TSA locks and we've always been asked to open them.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wine-O said:

Our experience also.  Opened the luggage, nothing in there, wrinkled up everything (it was a real mess), then delivered it to our stateroom.   We asked for and they gave us a voucher for pressing almost everything.  🍷

Wish the airlines did that.  😉  They really know how to make a mess out of your neatly packed bag...uggghh!!  😡

Edited by island lady

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Just had my first visit to naughty room. What a zoo. Lots of steamers that folks kept saying they bring all the time. 🤣

My violation was an extension cord.

OH no....did they make you walk the plank?  😉  Welcome to the naughty room...your extension cord, my wire hangers.  We are bad!  😄 

9 minutes ago, Swank Pad G said:

source.gif

LOL!!  Thanks for the post!!  I remember that movie...she is much scarier than the naughty room crew members!  😬😱

Yes Mom...plastics only!!!  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

We're heading out on the Rhapsody OTS this Friday from Venice.  After our cruise is done, we'll be traveling in Italy for another week and a half.  I really would like to have my travel steamer along - I know I can't use it on the ship, but I'd like to at least have it for the second half of our trip.  What's the best way to do this?  I know they'll likely confiscate it on the ship, so should I put it in my carryon so my larger luggage doesn't get held up in the naught room?  And has anyone had issues getting back something that had been confiscated at the end of the cruise?  Thanks!

19 minutes ago, island lady said:

LOL!!  Thanks for the post!!  I remember that movie...she is much scarier than the naughty room crew members!  😬😱

Yes Mom...plastics only!!!  

Not sure they would put wire hangers in the Naughty Room, but I remembered that scene and thought it was funny.

1 minute ago, K8inMN said:

We're heading out on the Rhapsody OTS this Friday from Venice.  After our cruise is done, we'll be traveling in Italy for another week and a half.  I really would like to have my travel steamer along - I know I can't use it on the ship, but I'd like to at least have it for the second half of our trip.  What's the best way to do this?  I know they'll likely confiscate it on the ship, so should I put it in my carryon so my larger luggage doesn't get held up in the naught room?  And has anyone had issues getting back something that had been confiscated at the end of the cruise?  Thanks!

The funny thing is ....for the first few years, I always took my steamer, but after hanging my clothes up overnight, the wrinkles seem to drop off.   I was never called to the naughty room for it being in my luggage...guess I just got lucky.  Have since stopped bringing it.  

On 7/12/2019 at 4:14 PM, island lady said:

Our suitcases have "cruise stuff" in them at all times.  Actually they stay more than half packed. Pretty much just have to replace toiletries, meds, and fresh clothes.  😉  It takes us maybe a half hour to pack the night before a cruise.  🙂 

I do this also.  Not for cruises, but for international work travel.

Add clothes (some of which stay packed), top off the shampoo and refill the Q-tips, and good to go.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, island lady said:

Wish the airlines did that.  😉  They really know how to make a mess out of your neatly packed bag...uggghh!!  😡

Because the airlines do not search your bag.  TSA does.

Ask the Federal government for pressing vouchers. 😄

5 hours ago, SRF said:

Because the airlines do not search your bag.  TSA does.

Ask the Federal government for pressing vouchers. 😄

LOL!!  That's true....I should have said TSA.   Can you imagine the look on their faces when I ask for pressing reimbursement?  Priceless!  😄 😄 

On 7/9/2019 at 12:44 AM, Lindypops said:

On a recent NCL  cruise we had to attend the naughty room to collect our luggage, they had found my kettle  and this was not allowed. We did get it back on the last night.

what experiences have people had with being summoned to the naughty room on RCCL ?

what had they packed which was not allowed?

Did they give you the item back on departure?

SEVERAL years ago, we were summoned to the naughty room.   They had mistaken my facial astringent for alcohol.    They wanted to confiscate it.   I asked them to smell or taste it.  I told thrm to keep it, but the ship woild buy me a new bottle at the Clinique store on the ship.   They finally leyt me keep it..