Celebrity Shampoo is body wash...in a different bottle

ghstudio

I have to agree with OP- modern luxury means in the case of the stuff in bathroom or tea  stations around the ship that if you want quality either bring your own ( as we did with tea) or buy your own ( as I did on board Silhouette in April) !

In those earlier days some 22 years back they had nice stuff in both area´s! Even RCCI had nice bathroom stuff!

It really was not really a problem since they offer good stuff in their shops- maybe thats the whole point in giving us that crap for a shower gel or shampoo!

Edited by Germancruiser

I'm happy you started this thread because it explains my experience on Royal Caribbean. I knew we needed to bring shampoo and conditioner  and a bar of soap for DW after reading all of the complaints on other boards and cruise lines. However, for myself I could shower and wash my hair and body with dish soap and it wouldn't matter one way or the other so we didn't bring body wash thinking how bad can it be? Well there wasn't one bubble of lather and my skin felt sticky. I attributed it to hard water. It got to the point that I used our shampoo as body wash until we got to San Juan where I purchased body wash at CVS.

We buy the bulk of our toiletries in Embarkation City.  I do have a few special items that I bring from home, but leaving the rest of the toiletries out gives plenty of space & weight.  (Usually!  Sometimes I want to pack more shoes … )

Since we always fly in at least one day early, we have plenty of time to find what we need.  

We take long cruises so travel sizes rarely work for us.  But of course you can buy those in Embarkation City as well!

6 hours ago, hcat said:

That was the lemongrass  product line...great for fending off mosquitos.  Not a nice scent for me but everyone has diff opinions.

We liked the stuff before that and def enjoyed the new CO Bigelow we had in AQ. Class on EDGE..For certain, we are  not getting that on Summit in a reg balc   cabin...we use that at our vac  home.

I always bring my own hair products ( safe for keritin treated hair) but loved the CO Bigelow body cream.

Oh yes, I looked it up and found them. They were great:

https://images.app.goo.gl/Yt7mZFEcABXRd6fC9

2 hours ago, Lady Chew said:

We buy the bulk of our toiletries in Embarkation City.

Many years ago I used to shop for toiletries and other 'goods' at Sin City. Just west of Embarkation City. Not sure how the tax structure was established, but that's an issue for another day. Anyway, the water was hard and flat and nothing, almost, could get  a person's suds up. However, on a Celebrity ship I've always found that when the water is hard nothing else will be soft. I hope that helps. Or not.

I don't expect much from cruise line shower amenities, including X, so the 3 oz travel bottle of my own shampoo or shampoo/conditioner works just fine on my thinning, balding scalp.

Target, CVS, etc. have a section devoted to travel sized liquids.

For those of you who are fans of Bath & Body Works, they have a nice selection of travel-sized toiletries. I even found some nice 'TSA legal' bottles of body wash, at their semi-annual sale, last month.

It's just that I hate having to drag yet more 'liquids' onto a plane, in order to get to my cruise ship. Princess and HAL -- with their omnipresent West-Coast sailings -- are starting to look more attractive, by the minute!

• Like 1

I think Lisa should (be made to) use the shampoo for a week.  She should get a first hand experience on what they are providing .... and it’s an upgrade for booking concierge cabins.  No chance, of course....but one can wish

6 hours ago, ghstudio said:

I think Lisa should (be made to) use the shampoo for a week.  She should get a first hand experience on what they are providing .... and it’s an upgrade for booking concierge cabins.  No chance, of course....but one can wish

She should probably do a lot of things, like sit in those kindergarten chairs or the hard wooden ones on the decks, but ain't gonna happen.  She only cares if they're making money or not.