Tender Tickets - what time to get in line?

We are tendering into Bar Harbor in a few days, we have a 9:30 tour booked, they would like us there at 9 am. Ship is supposed to arrive at 7 am, estimated clearance is listed at 7:30 am, Tender tickets are available starting at 8 am. We do not have anything that gives us priority tendering. What time should we send someone down to the lounge to get in line for tender tickets?

There are RCI excursions starting as early as 8:15 am.....

For the cruises we have been on they normally distribute the same morning. Check the Cruise Compass for the start time. The line often starts forming  anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour before they actually start pass out the tickets. Plan accordingly.  

I would send someone down to get a ticket as soon as they start handing them out or even 15 minutes early as they seem to start earlier than the scheduled time.  Adventure is the only ship in town on the 22nd, so you should be at the closer anchorage, so it is a quick tender in.  Not sure what excursion you are doing, but if it is Oli's Trolley, get in line early so you get good seats.  There is a internal structure in their trolleys, half way into the trolley, don't sit in the first row behind that because you can't see well at all.

27 minutes ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

I am interested in this, too.  We arrive in Bar harbor on the Adventure in October with the same arrival time.  I have not been lucky with tendering in the past.  So, I scheduled the trolley at 11 am.  

Looks like Adventure is only in Bar Harbor on October 15th.  Adventure is there with Regal Princess, with both ships arriving at 7am, so not sure who gets which anchorage.  There will be more than 6,700 passengers there, so if you haven't booked the trolley, I would do it soon.  If you are at the outer anchorage, give yourself a good cushion of time to get ashore.

We were just in Bar Harbor a few weeks ago. If you have an excursion booked you did not need a tender ticket (and our excursion wasn’t until 130, they said time of excursion didn’t matter, we still got priority tendering). Your excursion ticket was your tender ticket. Also, we used the elevator vs the stairs as my mother-in-law uses a walker, and no even checked for an excursion ticket or a tender ticket when we got to the first floor.

On 7/19/2019 at 10:08 PM, reallyitsmema said:

Looks like Adventure is only in Bar Harbor on October 15th.  Adventure is there with Regal Princess, with both ships arriving at 7am, so not sure who gets which anchorage.  There will be more than 6,700 passengers there, so if you haven't booked the trolley, I would do it soon.  If you are at the outer anchorage, give yourself a good cushion of time to get ashore.

20 hours ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

We saw that there were 2 ships o the day we are there.  So we booked the 11 am trolley already. 

They swapped itinerary dates on Adventure so now is the only ship in bar harbor on 13th so that should help

A side question.  We are also on the Adventure and have Oli's Trolley scheduled for 10am so we need to be in line no later than 9:30am.  We are in a Grand Suite and I read we get priority tendering.  Can anyone tell me how that works and what time we should be in the tender area?

3 minutes ago, Mythbuster said:

A side question.  We are also on the Adventure and have Oli's Trolley scheduled for 10am so we need to be in line no later than 9:30am.  We are in a Grand Suite and I read we get priority tendering.  Can anyone tell me how that works and what time we should be in the tender area?

Each ship has different procedures.  Speak to your concierge, they will fill you in.

41 minutes ago, Mythbuster said:

If you booked Oli's through the cruise line, you go at the time the excursion ticket tells you to.  If you booked it on your own, I would be on a 9am tender.  If you are the only ship in port, it is a fairly short ride in but then you have to get off the tender and walk from the dock to Oli's meeting area.  When we used them, you had to go to their ticket booth to check in.  There was a short line there too.  Trolley left at scheduled time.  

Edit:  Check out their FAQ.  

https://olistrolley.com/cruise-passenger-faq/

Edited by reallyitsmema

We were just on Adventure to Canada. We had Bar Harbor Acadia tour at 10am and had to be in town checked in at 9:30

Tender tickets start at 8am. We went at 8:00am stood on line and we were the last people to make the first tender. Go at 8am and you will be fine.

18 minutes ago, CruiseMomTX said:

There are 4 of us getting in the Liberty today. We tender in Grand Cayman.  Do we all have to get in line to get tender tickets or can one person get all 4?  Do we need the others s&s cards? We’re in 2 cabins.  

Usually only one person from your party needs to get the tender tickets.  Read the Cruise Compass, it should have info on the tender ticket process.

First, do you go to Bar Harbor before or after going to Canada? That will make a difference.

I haven't done tenders on RCCL, but most of the lines I've been on tender tickets are show up to designated spot, go in to lounge, and wait to be called. Entire party has to be there, and ready to leave.

We have a tour with Arcadia National Park at 10 AM on 9/16. arrival time is 30 mins prior.  Since we are tendered on Anthem will we have enough time to get to Testa's restaurant meeting location? 

Also, does does Diamond Plus have any priority for tender tickets?

34 minutes ago, Dorh said:

We have a tour with Arcadia National Park at 10 AM on 9/16. arrival time is 30 mins prior.  Since we are tendered on Anthem will we have enough time to get to Testa's restaurant meeting location? 

Also, does does Diamond Plus have any priority for tender tickets?

Unfortunately no priority tender tickets for D+. Why a 10 AM tour when the ships ETA is 9:30?  IMO no way.