Celebrity Premier Pass

mahdnc

I can't tell if this has already been discussed before although I did do a search:

I noticed that Premier Pass is now being offered for our Dec 23 2019 (12 night) sailing aboard Solstice.  For $649 per person you get:

• Priority embarkation and debarkation 
• Welcome bottle of champagne 
• Unlimited internet access (two devices) 
• Inside Access tour (two guests) 
• Lunch with an officer 
• Captain’s toast and photo 
• One exclusive food and wine pairing 
• Laundry service (one bag per stateroom)

Judging from the things you can purchase separately (or get from your Captains Club status), I am not sure that it represents a very good value.

Royal Caribbean has already rolled out something like this earlier (The Key Program)

Edited by mahdnc

I hadn’t heard of this.  I just checked my upcoming cruises and didn’t see it offered.  I can’t see $1298 of value in the Premier Pass- priority embarkation value $0, Bottle of champagne-$80-100,  Internet access $100-200 depending on length of cruise and Capt Club discount, lunch with a officer $0, Captains toast & photo $20, Inside Access Tour $198, Food & Wine pairing $50, 1 bag of laundry -$49 if not Elite or above.  So the $1298  gets a couple about $600 in value. 

Need something a little less pricey.  I did find a Date Night package for $225 pp.  For that price you get a hair appointment, a photo, dinner in a speciality restaurant and end the evening with champagne in your stateroom.  

You wont find either or these in my shopping cart😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

I am missing something. This is the per person price, but it includes the inside access tour for two people?  Something’s amiss.

I agree.  It doesn't make a lot of sense.  For our sailing, the Inside Access is $119 per person.  The unlimited internet package for 2 devices is $439 which is more expensive than I remember from our 14 night Caribbean sailing in Jan.

But if the price is really per person and only 1 person in your stateroom has to buy it, then I take it back, the value is pretty good--assuming you want the stuff.

But my guess is @jelayne's assumption that two people have to buy it is correct.

Edited by mahdnc

More money making ideas from the Royal C braintrust.  Hope the pass remains pricey  so folks don't buy it..

There are already too many guests with priority boarding..and disembarkation.  This will add more  guests to those who go "first" ( suite guests, Zenith, gambler hi rollers, other special groups..AQ Concierge for the  boarding lunch ..etc)

Makes  Elite priority  embark and disembark  loyalty perks pretty much valueless..  . Even worse than they are now.

• Like 2

Now, if they had thrown in, say 50 captains club points they might get a few takers.

and who here thinks it woukd really be champagne? I would fully expect that sparkling wine they usually hand out, not real champagne

• Like 2

Curious what the priority embarkation really is, wonder if you can call and find out.  We see Priorty embarkation for Concierge, Aqua, etc and it seems to be a come on for a lot of people when its just a separate line to check in./ 

You can take your own champagne on board at embarkation .

lunch with a Senior Officer - with how many others?

inside access tour - if you’ve done that will you do it again?

exclusuve food and wine pairing - I have no idea what this means

When I first read this I immediately thought of “The Key” on RCI. Basically the same program. It seems that there have been some bumps in the road on RCI with mixups on the ship. I guess it’s nice to have a choice but it’s not something that I would purchase.

OK -- So I recently got to experience this as a D+ on R/C. Those of you who've spent years and years (not to mention thousands of dollars) to get to Elite/Elite +, can now look forward to taking a back seat to folks who were to cheap to pony up the $$ for a suite!😡

No joke -- on our Indy Cruise, the passengers were boarded in the following order:

Suite guests (that 's 'true suites' -- not Junior Suites); followed immediately by 'Key' guests. Oh, and yes -- at some point after that, the D+/Diamond members were allowed to board. 🙄

11 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Anyone want to place a bet on when this will disappear?  I will guess it will be gone by Hallowe’en.

I'd love it if you were right -- but the RC version is still going strong, six months later. The only 'mistake' RC made was jacking the price for the 'Key' way up, after its initial success. 😏

3 hours ago, mahdnc said:

I can't tell if this has already been discussed before although I did do a search:

I noticed that Premier Pass is now being offered for our Dec 23 2019 (12 night) sailing aboard Solstice.  For $649 per person you get:

• Priority embarkation and debarkation 
• Welcome bottle of champagne 
• Unlimited internet access (two devices) 
• Inside Access tour (two guests) 
• Lunch with an officer 
• Captain’s toast and photo 
• One exclusive food and wine pairing 
• Laundry service (one bag per stateroom)

Judging from the things you can purchase separately (or get from your Captains Club status), I am not sure that it represents a very good value.

Royal Caribbean has already rolled out something like this earlier (The Key Program)

I am on this same cruise and have actually looked at the premier pass and came up with these calculations. I actually believe that as the inclusions are 2 tours and 2 internet packages, you only need to purchase one package per stateroom of 2 people. I have also done a “dummy booking” and it does let you purchase for just one person. Kind of like the alcoves where you only purchase for one person. Because I am from Australia, calculations below are in AUD.

Cost of premier pass $941.00 AUD

COMPARED TO:

Bottle of Vevue Clicquot purchased through onboard gifts $182.00 AUD

Unilmited internet for 2 devices $630.00 AUD

Inside Access tour for 2 guests $330.00 AUD

Food and wine pairing $68.00 AUD

One bag of laundry - price based on special given in last 2 Solstice cruises $72.00 AUD

TOTAL VALUE = $1282 (not even including the perceived value of the priority boarding, lunch with an officer and captain photo etc). 

As we claim the purchase of the internet on our tax anyway (it is used to work while we are away) the premier pass would actually be good value for us. I  considering purchasing but would like to know more about the priority embarkation as this is the most appealing part for us.

The pricing per person just doesn’t make any sense.  One person can’t use two access tours.  So if that is the price for two people, well that’s ok, but what if one is a single traveler, what would that price be?  This is not well thought out......🤔

Mum81,

Priority embarkation is not a big selling point for me. No matter my status or cabin class I go to the shortest line. 

I wouldn't even consider the package, probably at any cost beyond $100 - $150 USD.

Curious as to where Mum81 found that the champagne is Vevue Clicquot.  The champagne in the RS & PS is Perriet -jouet which retails for $58 in the US.  

Unless you are a 1st time RCL, Azamara or Celebrity cruiser these packages make no financial sense; except to Celebrity’s bottom line

19 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Curious as to where Mum81 found that the champagne is Vevue Clicquot.  The champagne in the RS & PS is Perriet -jouet which retails for $58 in the US.  

Unless you are a 1st time RCL, Azamara or Celebrity cruiser these packages make no financial sense; except to Celebrity’s bottom line

0C386041-98AE-4E3A-AAB4-9473C073149F.thumb.png.ffc470954fd637efd7c15842f76ce1e6.png