Laundry options on a 10 and 11 day B2B

Ken the cruiser

I know this question has been asked before many times, but I’m on an iPhone and the Forum option isn’t one that is available on it when doing a CC search.

We’re planning a family B2B Med cruise on Connie and have a couple laundry questions. We will be Elite so we’ll get one bag each per leg. However, it will be the first X cruise for our family members, so we want to give them a heads up when planning their laundry strategy. Here are the questions:

1. Is there a regular “price per bag” charge or is it only by the piece?

2. How long does a cruise leg have to be before they will offer the $49 per bag special? Our B2B cruises are 10 days followed by 11 days and will be in Concierge balcony cabins. 

3. Are there any other laundry options we’re overlooking?

Your cabin status won't help unless your have a suite . You may get an offer for being B2B.  Other than that regular laundry prices or the sink. There will be a bag price but it will be high.  Depending on location and number of elites on board the quota for your laundry bag may be 20 to 30 items. If you are not using all of yours you can always toss a few of their items in your bag.

In the Med. you may have to add VAT taxes on to the cost

Edited by gold1953

5 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

I don't know if they do it on every cruise but on our last B2B they gave everyone a free bag of laundry to start the 2nd leg.

It would be nice if that was standard, but alas we were just B2B and no such offer.  There was a $49 a bag offer, at least on the first cruise....I didn't notice if they did that again on the 2nd cruise.  Note though, Celebrity usually gives B2B passengers $50/$100 which appears as a discount on one of your cruises or as an OBC but you often have to ask your TA or Celebrity for that discount...for some reason it's not always automatic. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

Your cabin status won't help unless your have a suite . You may get an offer for being B2B.  Other than that regular laundry prices or the sink. Depending on location and number of elites on board the quota for your laundry bag may be 20 to 30 items. If you are not using all of yours you can always toss a few of their items in your bag.

Adding the VAT tax is a new twist. I’ve heard they add it to merchandise and drinks, but do they also add it to service related purchases like laundry?

Also, what laundry perk do you get when you’re in a sky suite? I don’t remember any when we were in one last Jan on the Reflection. 

Edited by Ken the cruiser

4 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

The VAT will only be applied if all of your cruise ports are in the EU.  We just returned from a Mediterranean B2B....the first had a non EU port, the second was all EU.  I'm not sure if VAT is charged on laundry.....it was not charged on specialty dining purchased on the second cruise, but was added to any purchases in the stores and the liquor shop was closed the entire second cruise.

• Like 1

If you are elite plus, and traveling with another, you get 2 free bags of laundry pp each week.  If not, you probably will get a discount so watch for it.

We always do laundry, at least a couple of times per week.  Just do not send any special or delicate items to the laundry.  They also do dry cleaning if necessary.  Not cheap, but around same price as home if not using a discount cleaners.

We only wash swim suits by hand.

23 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

That’s a possibility. Do they provide a clothes line in the shower area to hang your wet clothes?

Yes, on the M-Class ships which Connie is one of. On S-Class, buy one of those cheap lines with suction cups. I have a mirror with s suction cup I use in the showers for shaving because, for me, there’s nothing quite like a shower shave!

I also buy those quick-dry underwear that works great. 

Enjoy

Den

12 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

No laundry perks with sky suites.  Only Royal and PH.

12 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

No laundry perks with sky suites.  Only Royal and PH.

We will be in a Royal suite for the first time- is laundry and dry cleaning unlimited?

Txs

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

We will be in a Royal suite for the first time- is laundry and dry cleaning unlimited?

Txs

Yes Laundry and Dry Cleaning is "Free" (included as a perk) for RS, Signature Suite, Penthouse and above (Edge)

My experience has been that for Elite you get the 1 bag per person and may or may not get an extra bag if on a B2B.   The extra bag for B2B has only happened about 1/2 the time (more frequent on cruises which are each 11 days or more). 

They also often offer a promotion of 20-30 items per bag.

We now have a new strategy as my DW just reminded me we will be Elite+ when we do the family cruise and since we always bring enough underwear to last the entire cruise, we can let them use 2 of our 4 bags per leg for their laundry which will leave us more than enough to handle the rest of our clothes for 3 weeks. Problem solved! Yea!!

29 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Yes Laundry and Dry Cleaning is "Free" (included as a perk) for RS, Signature Suite, Penthouse and above (Edge)

Great

19 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We now have a new strategy as my DW just reminded me we will be Elite+ when we do the family cruise and since we always bring enough underwear to last the entire cruise, we can let them use 2 of our 4 bags per leg for their laundry which will leave us more than enough to handle the rest of our clothes for 3 weeks. Problem solved! Yea!!

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

That is great .. you must turn Elite Plus before the cruise though .. not during. Also your family must bring the laundry to your cabin to have done. In the past when there were coupons people got away with sharing

3 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

That is great .. you must turn Elite Plus before the cruise though .. not during. Also your family must bring the laundry to your cabin to have done. In the past when there were coupons people got away with sharing

Makes sense and we will turn Elite+ about a year before our family cruise.