Travel Iron in cabin

Am travelling on Indy on Sat, daughter has just rang to say is there ironing board in cabin, I know this is not the case, so wondered if a travel iron is ok to use in cabin, also would it be ok to take a small extension lead, 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dave9898 said:

Am travelling on Indy on Sat, daughter has just rang to say is there ironing board in cabin, I know this is not the case, so wondered if a travel iron is ok to use in cabin, also would it be ok to take a small extension lead, 

No irons in cabin.  Also you cannot bring one on board.  

Shame there are no self-service iron or washing facilities on board RC ships. P&O have a laundry which you can use at your leisure. It's really just another money making exercise for RC!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jmnathan said:

Shame there are no self-service iron or washing facilities on board RC ships. P&O have a laundry which you can use at your leisure. It's really just another money making exercise for RC!

Plus the space that would be used for the self-service laundry area would reduce the number of staterooms!😱

6 minutes ago, jmnathan said:

Respectfully disagree. If I want to do laundry or cook my own meals, I'd rent a house at the beach. Cruises are for not having to worry about that stuff. 🙂

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, dave9898 said:

Thanks, can you please confirm there is a hairdryer in cabin

Just as a heads up, the hairdryer isn’t very strong and you have to hold down the button to make it blow.  It takes forever to dry your hair.    I always take my own.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Dat Cruisin Couple said:

Respectfully disagree. If I want to do laundry or cook my own meals, I'd rent a house at the beach. Cruises are for not having to worry about that stuff. 🙂

Respectfully disagree. One of the things I love about Carnival is the self serve laundry.  It gives me something to do for an hour or so on that last boring sea day.    I dont like paying 40 bucks to have a small bag of laundry done with everyone elses laundry and in extremely hot water. I certainly dont like traveling home with a suitcase full of dirty clothes.  Cruises are about whatever the individual wants them to be about 

Edited by ryano
  • Like 7

29 minutes ago, jmnathan said:

I believe all Carnival owned ships have them. Very convenient and "only" 6 bucks to wash and dry.  6 bucks is a bargain compared to the 40 they charge to do a small bag on RC and you dont have to worry about your stuff being ruined. 

Edited by ryano
  • Like 3

I have found that hanging items in the bathroom while the shower is running will steam the wrinkles out of pretty much everything.  However, you have to make sure you don't leave them in there too long or else the steam condenses on the ceiling and drips down onto your clothes.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jmnathan said:

Princess ships also has the self service laundry rooms.  When we use to cruise with Princess we never used the irons in the laundry room. Nice option for those that want to.

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2

On 7/24/2019 at 8:35 AM, Dat Cruisin Couple said:

Same reasoning why I cannot see the appeal of an RV.

• Like 3

I’ve cruised on other lines that have a laundry room. Never occurred to me to use them. I also don’t iron at home (haven’t owned an ironing board in at least 40 years). If it requires ironing, I don’t buy it. 

• Like 5

On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 8:27 AM, jmnathan said:

I really doubt they doing much pressing or laundry, or making much money doing so.