Countdown to a cruise … in Cocktails

groryjm

On the third night before cruising my true love made for me a Spiced Berry Smash from the Passport Bar

456696790_03-PassportBar-SpicedBerrySmash.thumb.JPG.a1b7dd5e53b3f8c2166c6692cc82c912.JPG

1087813779_03-PassportBar.JPG.59037f272d870a469e9ea9913860a0ec.JPG

The Passport Bar lists the Spiced Berry Smash Ketel one vodka, Green Chartreuse, simple syrup, lemon juice, strawberry and soda . This is my version….

60ml Grey Goose vodka

20ml Green Chartreuse

30ml lemon juice

30ml simple syrup

3 strawberry's

A splash of ginger beer

A splash of soda

Muddle the 2 strawberries in a shaker. Add vodka, Chartreuse, lemon, simple, ginger and ice. Shake and double strain into a chilled rocks glass. Splash with soda and garnish with a strawberry and lemon wedge

2 days 15 hours 59 mins 🍾🥂🍹🍸🍷

not long now.. packing tomorrow😎

• Like 4

Next time we drive near Surrey we will visit your bar! Come to think of it, it would be worth a drive to Surrey just to visit your bar!

Seriously, thoroughly enjoying you posts. With five weeks left now until we board Equinox we can’t wait! Have packed all my ‘Queen Mother’ ingredients to take to Wales next week (if the rain, gales, thunder, lightning allow...).

• Like 1

On the penultimate night before cruising my true love made for me a Singapore Sling from the MDR

1158971821_02-MDR-SingaporeSling.thumb.JPG.dbf9b8da48d5f16db9517e13db1c3021.JPG

1626714894_02-MDR.thumb.JPG.8e4ecae30d198360106b3b3450ff520b.JPG

The MDR lists the Singapore Sling from as Tanqueray, Cherry Herring, Benedictine, lime, pineapple, soda and bitters. This is my version….

30ml Tanqueray

15ml Cherry Herring

15ml Benedictine

10ml lime juice

120ml pineapple juice

A splash of soda

A dash of Angostura Bitters

Shake all bar the soda with ice and serve in a chilled Collins glass with a little ice. Add a splash and garnish with a slice of orange and a Maraschino Cherry. I usually use lemon juice and add Cointreau as well but for this one we’re sticking to Celebrity’s ingredients.

1 days 17 hours 4 mins 🍾🥂🍹🍸🍷 Cases down and nearly packed.... 1 more night then we head for the port. 

• Like 2

Now cases are down and packing has been going on all day and I will confess that one sling does not sustain. So I sneaked an extra off menu cocktail that is my current favourite - a Last Word......

IMG_20190802_192820_1.thumb.jpg.e28311a59ff5ffc0a5236019f4c98c15.jpg

This I intend to teach the Barman at Michael's Club to make for me. Unfortunately it is my own private pleasure as DW is not entirely enamoured with it and I usually make her a straight martini with 60ml Tanqueray Rangpur and 40ml Noilly Pratt as an alternative. The last Word is Equal quantities (I usually go for 50ml) Tanqueray Ten, Green Chartreuse, Luxardo Maraschino and Lime juice with a Maraschino Cherry garnish

• Like 2

OK it must be five o'clock somewhere.......

On the night before cruising my true love made for me a Last Voyage from the Ensemble Lounge

1663284327_01-EnsembleLounge-LastVoyage.thumb.JPG.f872d0278e834a52b2d136f9e7d0627f.JPG

1098817402_01-EnsembleLounge.JPG.964484ded141fad93ba6ed1d80292dd4.JPG

The Ensemble Lounge lists the Last Voyage as Beefeater Gin, Aperol, Cointreau, Simple syrup and lime juice. This is my version….

40ml Tanqueray Export

40ml Aperol

40ml Cointreau

80ml pineapple juice

20ml lime juice

10ml simple syrup

Shake with ice and serve in a chilled martini glass. This is our personal favourite and one we discovered on Reflection a few years ago we have it at home on a regular basis with a couple of slight changes. Firstly I am not a fan of Beefeater as I find it a bit harsh and prefer Tanqueray, but more importantly on returning from Civitavecchia and the Reflection we discovered Cointreau Blood Orange and much prefer it with that.

Over these past 11 of these little pictures you may have spotted the reducing numbers of X items, but did you work out the significance of the calculators? The final one is our treasured “Fish” made on Celebrity Eclipse a couple of years ago of the Spanish Coast and won by my DW in one of the Hot Glass Show raffle’s.

IMG_8475.thumb.JPG.02ec8a8b99c5031056df4a73b61c5ad9.JPG

I will now sign off this thread as it’s only a matter of hours until I load the Land Rover for the short run down to Southampton……

I will of course be continuing to record our adventures to Iceland and my obsessive cocktail habit in a “Live from” thread……

“LIVE” Iceland & Ireland on Silhouette - The Suite Life - 11th August 2019

21 hours 49 mins 🍾🥂🍹🍸🍷

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, groryjm said:

Over these past 11 of these little pictures you may have spotted the reducing numbers of X items, but did you work out the significance of the calculators? The final one is our treasured “Fish” made on Celebrity Eclipse a couple of years ago of the Spanish Coast and won by my DW in one of the Hot Glass Show raffle’s.

I will of course be continuing to record our adventures to Iceland and my obsessive cocktail habit in a “Live from” thread……

“LIVE” Iceland & Ireland on Silhouette - The Suite Life - 11th August 2019

21 hours 49 mins 🍾🥂🍹🍸🍷

The price tag for this little adventure?  Will be following along.  Cheers!!

On 8/4/2019 at 7:27 AM, groryjm said:

On the seventh night before cruising my true love made for me a Fresh from Tokyo from Luminae

imageproxy.php?img=&key=6ee4bfcebcfde1cbimageproxy.php?img=&key=6ee4bfcebcfde1cbimageproxy.php?img=&key=6ee4bfcebcfde1cbimageproxy.php?img=&key=6ee4bfcebcfde1cbimageproxy.php?img=&key=6ee4bfcebcfde1cb638012397_07-Luminae-FreshfromTokyo.thumb.JPG.a3400841346101c40cf49f113b39f952.JPG

1785610712_07-Luminae.JPG.d0f74f386c46cbd95cc5bd27d6e37fc2.JPG

Luminae lists the Fresh from Tokyo on it’s menu as Grey Goose® vodka, simple syrup, Yuzu, Cucumber and Basil. This is my version….

50ml Grey Goose Vodka

20ml Yuzu juice

15ml Simple syrup

3 inch lengths of cucumber

Muddle the 3 bits of cucumber in a shaker to release the juice. Add vodka, yuzu, simple and ice. Shake and double strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with a sprig of basil and a spiral of cucumber….. Perfection

6  days 19 hours 3 mins 🍾🥂🍹🍸🍷... Oh boy this is hard work drinking all these cocktails😉

Oooh this sounds really good.  Only at Luminae?

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...