Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

8 minutes ago, Ethanol95 said:

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/22231-royal-caribbean-announces-2021-shanghai-program-ups-capacity.html

In this article, they said: "They are expected to be joined by the new Oasis-class Wonder of the Seas, which debuts in spring 2021." They referring to Spectrum and Voyager. 

Spectrum looks like the only possible contender to fill Quantum's place. But then that would be in second half of June or July. Alternatively (highly unlikely), they bring in an older ship from the US, (either a freedom class or voyager class), marketing that as the baseline ship to sail the usual 3/4/5 night SEA itineraries, then with a quantum class coming back in winter 2021 to introduce a bunch of new itineraries with more 6/7 nights. That could double up to increase capacity overall, but have a slower summer period. What do you think?

I really doubt they would bring an older, smaller ship into Singapore unless it was going to operate at the same time as Quantum's replacement ie as an expansion of capacity, with different itineraries.  We'll soon find out.  

41 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

I really doubt they would bring an older, smaller ship into Singapore unless it was going to operate at the same time as Quantum's replacement ie as an expansion of capacity, with different itineraries.  We'll soon find out.  

Yea.. Guess we will have to wait 3 months before finding out...

1 hour ago, Ethanol95 said:

Yea.. Guess we will have to wait 3 months before finding out...

Should get a good idea through process of elimination as the remaining ships are deployed elsewhere eg for short caribbean. 

What if Quantum comes to Sydney (the Unnamed ship in OPT calendar) for the southern summer?   Surely Singapore couldn't miss out.  

2 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

Should get a good idea through process of elimination as the remaining ships are deployed elsewhere eg for short caribbean. 

What if Quantum comes to Sydney (the Unnamed ship in OPT calendar) for the southern summer?   Surely Singapore couldn't miss out.  

Then they probably have in mind another ship to rotate down to fill Singapore already.

2 minutes ago, MichellePerth said:

If things get bad in the middle East, they could always just send jewel South.  I hope not as I have a couple of cruises on her in the northern spring. 

Jewel is in ME in northern Winter of 2020-2021. 

45 minutes ago, Ethanol95 said:

I don't think they have cancelled just yet. Probably on watch for further escalations, but not cancelled.

Both of my Dubai cruises in March, 2021, were cancelled beginning of December.  All Jewel cruises 11/26/20 through 4/7/21 gone, replaced with a TA to Galveston then a TA back to Europe on 3/22/21.

11 minutes ago, mugtech said:

Both of my Dubai cruises in March, 2021, were cancelled beginning of December.  All Jewel cruises 11/26/20 through 4/7/21 gone, replaced with a TA to Galveston then a TA back to Europe on 3/22/21.

Thanks for the update.  I don't see any jewel cruises listed for March and April 2021 in my Australian Royal Caribbean booking site. 

2 hours ago, MichellePerth said:

Thanks for the update.  I don't see any jewel cruises listed for March and April 2021 in my Australian Royal Caribbean booking site. 

After Galveston and before the Europe season she will go for a longer dry dock. 

Royal did release their own press release about 'Shanghai Deployment' on Friday, January 10th and only mention Spectrum and Voyager. They did a separate press release in October 2019 for Wonder's Shanghai deployment.

I do find it odd that they did not mention Wonder in the January press release, but that may be an oversight. I also find it odd that the press release is dated December 12th, 2019 but was not released until a month later. 

https://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-release/1425/royal-caribbean-announces-2021-deployment-from-shanghai/

13 minutes ago, MADflyer said:

Royal did release their own press release about 'Shanghai Deployment' on Friday, January 10th and only mention Spectrum and Voyager. They did a separate press release in October 2019 for Wonder's Shanghai deployment.

I do find it odd that they did not mention Wonder in the January press release, but that may be an oversight. I also find it odd that the press release is dated December 12th, 2019 but was not released until a month later. 

https://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-release/1425/royal-caribbean-announces-2021-deployment-from-shanghai/

This season's asian deployment is kind of confusing..

Now that I think about it.. I'm fairly certain Spectrum will homeport in Singapore when Quantum leaves for Oz/Alaska. The Singapore Tourist Board signed a 5 year partnership with Royal citing that it will base more Quantum class ships to Singapore. It was earlier discussed that this implied Quantum wouldn't be staying because it specifically stated "it will base more Quantum class ships", hence we could see the arrival of either Ovation or Spectrum. 

https://www.webintravel.com/amid-sustainability-concerns-cruises-get-set-to-sail-into-the-big-time-in-asia-and-urges-travel-agents-to-wake-up/

There cannot be no royal ship when rival cruise line Dream cruises is welcoming  the homeport of Global Dream, a 9,000 passenger ship during spring - summer 2021. If anything, this could potentially mean that Wonder is swapped with Spectrum again to compete, given their lack of clarity in announcing proper deployments in the region. 

2 hours ago, MADflyer said:

This press release starts with the sentence "Royal Caribbean International today announced its China itineraries for the first half of 2021." (emphasis mine)

Wonder really won't arrive in China until May or June at the earliest, so it's probably best to save the fanfare for the second half announcement.

23 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

I assume Serenade will take over the US West Cost cruises that have been anticipated for Voyager. Best suitable ship for this and available after all new ship deployments and other ships re-deployments are done.

Possible but I'm not holding my breath. I think she will be at a huge disadvantage against NCL and Carnival but that all depends on what itienary she does.

6 hours ago, josh.vincent.180 said:

Seems to be Royal is cutting out St Kitts with its nicer ships.  Looking like Empress and Vision are about the only choices after summer of 2021.

We are big fans of Freedom and have friends in St Kitts and have been sailing on it most of the time, but after next few cruises that seems to change for us.

Allure goes there a few times Summer 2021. Short Cruises might also inc St Kitts. Not sure what you count as Nicer ships... I usually get there 3-4 times myself in Fall-Spring....

5 hours ago, MADflyer said:

Madflyer the way this has all happened it is looking more and more like Royal have the info mixed up in trying to hide Royal were leaving Hong Kong Summer 2020 because of local violent protests. 

The media statement has everything right that happened in December 2019 with the new Spectrum sailings going on sale besides Voyager which should be 2020 NOT 2021.

7 hours ago, MADflyer said:

Royal did release their own press release about 'Shanghai Deployment' on Friday, January 10th and only mention Spectrum and Voyager. 

Looks like they  took it down

https://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-releases/

Weird your link still works but it not showing on the press release page anymore.

Edited by wl2cruise

7 minutes ago, wl2cruise said:

Looks like they  took it down

https://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-releases/

It appears they have just moved it to December the 12th , I guess. That was the date on the release but they put it up on the 10th of January . 

Edited by MADflyer
press release moved

8 hours ago, MADflyer said:

This explains why my sailing for May 2021 is now on hold and like the RCL Rep said “code red” for possible redeployment, I guess I will have to wait and see what happens to my booking.