Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

3 hours ago, travelgoddess1 said:

Royal does not do Panama Canal cruises on a regular or even a seasonal basis.  There was a gap of a couple of years between about 2013 and 2015, and then another gap until 2018. Serenade is doing a Westbound full transit on May 4, if there is any space to grab. Final payment is coming soon, so cabins may open up.

Can't go this year...that's why I am waiting on the 2021/2022 season...

1 hour ago, Saab4444 said:

I assume Serenade will take over the US West Cost cruises that have been anticipated for Voyager. Best suitable ship for this and available after all new ship deployments and other ships re-deployments are done.

When??  I am on Serenade from 2/10/21 out of Sydney until 5/16/21 to Vancouver.  Just a quick tour around Hawaii on the way up.  Mid May then starts Serenade's round trip cruises out of Vancouver over the summer to fall season in Alaska 2021.    

RCI have just booked Quantum of the Seas into Victoria BC on Sundays starting the second week of May of 2021. This would mean Ovation would sail on Fridays from Seattle and Quantum on Mondays. 

Quantum comes in from Ketchikan while Ovation comes in from Endicott Arm indicating different itineraries. 

Sun, May 16 QUANTUM OF THE SEAS 07:00 22:00  4180 North B

Royal Caribbean Intl | To: Seattle | From: Ketchikan | Length: 1141

20 minutes ago, MADflyer said:

RCI have just booked Quantum of the Seas into Victoria BC on Sundays starting the second week of May of 2021. This would mean Ovation would sail on Fridays from Seattle and Quantum on Mondays. 

Quantum comes in from Ketchikan while Ovation comes in from Endicott Arm indicating different itineraries. 

Wow Ovation and Quantum in Alaska, Huge capacity increase. I wonder what has caused them to reshuffle the deployments?

14 minutes ago, wl2cruise said:

Wow Ovation and Quantum in Alaska, Huge capacity increase. I wonder what has caused them to reshuffle the deployments?

They seem to be making some capacity adjustments based on competitive factors. NCL will commit their 2 latest ships to the Alaska market through 2023 and have booked. 

I never count on these bookings being definite until I see the actual sailing released, but this was a big development. 

1 hour ago, MADflyer said:

Good find, thanks.  

With Quantum away from Singapore for northern summer 2021, this raises an obvious question about deployment for Singapore.  Perhaps Spectrum will be in Singapore, with Wonder in Shanghai.  

Take your point about the visibility of port bookings in Hawaii, regarding Voyager .  

7 hours ago, travelgoddess1 said:

Royal does not do Panama Canal cruises on a regular or even a seasonal basis.  There was a gap of a couple of years between about 2013 and 2015, and then another gap until 2018. Serenade is doing a Westbound full transit on May 4, if there is any space to grab. Final payment is coming soon, so cabins may open up.

Carnival is now doing a bunch  of Southern Caribbean and partial Panama Canal cruises out of Galveston , if anyone is interested. 

Edited by ssb

36 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I’m still think Sydney will have ovation and quantum in the season because of the demand for New Zealand and the new Island being developed.

The bookings for Royal Caribbean 'Unnamed Vessel" are most likely for Quantum as it would appear at the moment. 

3 hours ago, wl2cruise said:

Royal probably looked at the big prices that they were able to get for a Ovation and took that into account when deciding where to deploy their ships 

59 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Royal probably looked at the big prices that they were able to get for a Ovation and took that into account when deciding where to deploy their ships 

I read somewhere ovation is the second best revenue maker next to harmony.

The following money makers are the pacific based ships,Alaska and Australia.

More capacity more $$$$$

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That and probably West Coast deployment changes from the other majors like NCL and Carnival.

9 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

More capacity more $$$$$

I wouldn't be surprised.  My observation (from exoerience) is that onboard revenue is high on cruises from Sydney.  

Please share that source of information if you can easily find it. 

Self-evidently, cruise fares in Alaska are usually high.  

6 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

More capacity more $$$$$

You wouldn't know that they have any regard for oz, based on the way they treat aussies.  We don't get the over and above offers from club royale and they upped the points required for free cruises, they don't provide any special contacts at crown and anchor for D+ and pinnacles, they do one circumnavigation yearly at best despite it being one of the guaranteed sellouts.  They send the second tier ships.  They couldn't even be bothered to do anything truly special fir the voyager amplification, instead saving the full amp for when she leaves.   You would think they'd treat oz better. 

Anyway, I thought asia was the big money spinner.  

1 minute ago, geoff2802 said:

I wouldn't be surprised.  My observation (from exoerience) is that onboard revenue is high on cruises from Sydney.  

In regards to Alaska, taking out port charges, the fares don't seem very high.  Is the real money spinner there the shore excursions? 

1 hour ago, geoff2802 said:

It was on royal Caribbean blog about 8 months ago.

Someone posted a link to a site that broke down corporate revenue and it broke down Royal Caribbean revenues.

Ships ,before cruise,onboard.

And the pacific was the most dynamic.

1 hour ago, MichellePerth said:

You wouldn't know that they have any regard for oz, based on the way they treat aussies.  We don't get the over and above offers from club royale and they upped the points required for free cruises, they don't provide any special contacts at crown and anchor for D+ and pinnacles, they do one circumnavigation yearly at best despite it being one of the guaranteed sellouts.  They send the second tier ships.  They couldn't even be bothered to do anything truly special fir the voyager amplification, instead saving the full amp for when she leaves.   You would think they'd treat oz better. 

Anyway, I thought asia was the big money spinner.  

From what I understand with voyager and the amplification,they couldn’t decide if it would be asianised or westernised so the just half done it and will think about it.

Voyager is due for another go in Singapore in a year or so and finish it then.

15 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

From what I understand with voyager and the amplification,they couldn’t decide if it would be asianised or westernised so the just half done it and will think about it.

Voyager is due for another go in Singapore in a year or so and finish it then.

I can understand that, but we had a net loss of one restaurant. No new restaurants.  Nothing was done to existing staterooms.  I was on voyager pre amplification in August and then again in December.  In August the ship was trashed.  Many lifts were out of order.  The marble skirting boards were filthy and detached from the walls.  The first thing I noticed when I boarded voyager was the skirting was still stained and damaged. The carpet didn’t look new.  Then there was the scandal with the new junior suites which were actually normal balconies being sold as suites.    I didn’t notice all of this when discussions were had of the other voyager class ships amplifications.  

Sorry, I am a bit salty about the lack of respect aussies are given by Royal in regards to crown and anchor and club Royale.  To now hear that we are a bit of a cash cow but still such little regard makes me cross.   It’s not personal, I’m just tired of aussies getting the short end of the stick.  I’m afraid I’m going to see everything through that lens.

6 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

Good find, thanks.  

With Quantum away from Singapore for northern summer 2021, this raises an obvious question about deployment for Singapore.  Perhaps Spectrum will be in Singapore, with Wonder in Shanghai.  

Take your point about the visibility of port bookings in Hawaii, regarding Voyager .  

Didn't they already publish that Spectrum would be joined by Wonder in Shanghai. If that is around spring 2021, then there's no point in that statement if they were to reshuffle Spectrum down to Singapore in May/June when Quantum leaves. But it also cannot leave Singapore shipless during summer, cause thats when school holidays are. 

37 minutes ago, MichellePerth said:

I can understand that, but we had a net loss of one restaurant. No new restaurants.  Nothing was done to existing staterooms.  I was on voyager pre amplification in August and then again in December.  In August the ship was trashed.  Many lifts were out of order.  The marble skirting boards were filthy and detached from the walls.  The first thing I noticed when I boarded voyager was the skirting was still stained and damaged. The carpet didn’t look new.  Then there was the scandal with the new junior suites which were actually normal balconies being sold as suites.    I didn’t notice all of this when discussions were had of the other voyager class ships amplifications.  

Sorry, I am a bit salty about the lack of respect aussies are given by Royal in regards to crown and anchor and club Royale.  To now hear that we are a bit of a cash cow but still such little regard makes me cross.   It’s not personal, I’m just tired of aussies getting the short end of the stick.  I’m afraid I’m going to see everything through that lens.

Net loss of one restaurant,which one?

As for the way we are treated,I’m not surprised,loyalty schemes these days are to suck the customer in and think they are special.Give them a few bits and pieces and lead them on.

But Royal has a good product and a cheap holiday,that’s the bottom line for me.

7 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Net loss of one restaurant,which one?

As for the way we are treated,I’m not surprised,loyalty schemes these days are to suck the customer in and think they are special.Give them a few bits and pieces and lead them on.

But Royal has a good product and a cheap holiday,that’s the bottom line for me.

Lol.  That hamburger place.  I forget the name, I’ve been there once.  

I get that about loyalty schemes, but think aussies should get the same access to crown and anchor and commensurate benefits from club Royale. 

21 minutes ago, Ethanol95 said:

Didn't they already publish that Spectrum would be joined by Wonder in Shanghai. If that is around spring 2021, then there's no point in that statement if they were to reshuffle Spectrum down to Singapore in May/June when Quantum leaves. But it also cannot leave Singapore shipless during summer, cause thats when school holidays are. 

I haven't seen any statement from Royal on this.  The media articles I've seen only make general statements about Wonder joining Spectrum.  

Any other ideas for the likely ship to fill in for Quantum?  

Edited by geoff2802

1 minute ago, geoff2802 said:

I haven't seen any statement from Royal on this.  The media articles I've seen make general statement about Wonder joining Spectrum.  

Any other ideas for the likely ship to fill in for Quantum?  

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/22231-royal-caribbean-announces-2021-shanghai-program-ups-capacity.html

In this article, they said: "They are expected to be joined by the new Oasis-class Wonder of the Seas, which debuts in spring 2021." They referring to Spectrum and Voyager. 

Spectrum looks like the only possible contender to fill Quantum's place. But then that would be in second half of June or July. Alternatively (highly unlikely), they bring in an older ship from the US, (either a freedom class or voyager class), marketing that as the baseline ship to sail the usual 3/4/5 night SEA itineraries, then with a quantum class coming back in winter 2021 to introduce a bunch of new itineraries with more 6/7 nights. That could double up to increase capacity overall, but have a slower summer period. What do you think?