Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

55 minutes ago, springaussie said:

Royal Caribbean International today announced its China itineraries for the first half of 2021.

The Spectrum of the Seas will sail from Shanghai on four- to seven-night sailings that feature new destinations.

The newly amplified Voyager of the Seas will call Shanghai home during the summer 2021, sailing short cruises to Japan.

They are expected to be joined by the new Oasis-class Wonder of the Seas, which debuts in spring 2021.

The Spectrum will offer nearly 30 sailings to multiple destinations in Japan. The four- and five-night cruises can uncover adventure and beauty in new ports of call, from the romantic islands of Okinawa to white-sand beaches on the Yaeyama Islands. Week-long cruises include overnights.

A highlight of the 2021 season will be a special sailing to experience some of Japan’s most famed cities, including Shimonoseki, Maizuru, Niigata and Hakodate (Hokkaido).

Those cruising onboard Spectrum can also choose from a lineup of new shore excursions designed to enhance the destination experience, the company said.

Cruise Industry News. 

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/22231-royal-caribbean-announces-2021-shanghai-program-ups-capacity.html?fbclid=IwAR1z6ZJUhUQofKr7GLdDZ3ZvSUkomDwrZKWZvr3AaLezekgCFzAPVKTKb7k

What about Los Angeles for Voyager July 2021? 

Or is it a misprint for 2020? 

Any idea where we can find the actual itineraries?  

28 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

I have lost track - with announcement of Jewel to Galveston temporarily do we know where it is going after? Particularly, Is there a TA announced back to Europe from Galveston?

A transatlantic is not announced but the ship should still make her way to Barcelona the third week of March for arrival in Barcelona for the 7th of April sailing up to Amsterdam. They could easily still make further changes though. 

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, springaussie said:

How would that be? Voyager of the Seas will be in Asia during that time period. Nowhere near LA.

Edited by jbethel11
Nowhere not no where.

2 hours ago, springaussie said:

Royal Caribbean International today announced its China itineraries for the first half of 2021.

The Spectrum of the Seas will sail from Shanghai on four- to seven-night sailings that feature new destinations.

The newly amplified Voyager of the Seas will call Shanghai home during the summer 2021, sailing short cruises to Japan.

They are expected to be joined by the new Oasis-class Wonder of the Seas, which debuts in spring 2021.

The Spectrum will offer nearly 30 sailings to multiple destinations in Japan. The four- and five-night cruises can uncover adventure and beauty in new ports of call, from the romantic islands of Okinawa to white-sand beaches on the Yaeyama Islands. Week-long cruises include overnights.

A highlight of the 2021 season will be a special sailing to experience some of Japan’s most famed cities, including Shimonoseki, Maizuru, Niigata and Hakodate (Hokkaido).

Those cruising onboard Spectrum can also choose from a lineup of new shore excursions designed to enhance the destination experience, the company said.

Cruise Industry News. 

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/22231-royal-caribbean-announces-2021-shanghai-program-ups-capacity.html?fbclid=IwAR1z6ZJUhUQofKr7GLdDZ3ZvSUkomDwrZKWZvr3AaLezekgCFzAPVKTKb7k

Looks like the June 2021 bookings in Aussie and Hawaii ports are placeholders for another ship.  But which one?  

1 hour ago, geoff2802 said:

Looks like the June 2021 bookings in Aussie and Hawaii ports are placeholders for another ship.  But which one?  

The bookings still stand in Darwin, Brisbane, Sydney and Hawaii.

The 7 days from Darwin to Brisbane implies it is stopping at Cairns and Airlie Beach.

Could Quantum do this I do not think so,

I think time will tell. 

My prediction for now is these port bookings will go soon. 

6 minutes ago, springaussie said:

The 7 days from Darwin to Brisbane implies it is stopping at Cairns and Airlie Beach.

I think time will tell. 

I like your thought process.  Can you tell us why you think quantum could not do this?  

Is it due to these being tender ports?  I just got off spectrum and we tendered at a new port in the Philippines.  It seemed to work out OK.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MichellePerth said:

I like your thought process.  Can you tell us why you think quantum could not do this?  

Is it due to these being tender ports?  I just got off spectrum and we tendered at a new port in the Philippines.  It seemed to work out OK.  

Tendering is the reason Michelle I do not think it will be Quantum on that schedule at Cairns and Airlie. 

6 hours ago, springaussie said:

Cruise Industry News. 

I think this is the 2020 redeployment of Voyager.

Edited by wl2cruise

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

Quantum class ships tender. It is Oasis class ships that do not.

Also saw the Spectrum tender in Ilocos Sur, Philippines, and the Spectrum provided the boats, Salomague provided the dock, no boats.

7 minutes ago, mugtech said:

Also saw the Spectrum tender in Ilocos Sur, Philippines, and the Spectrum provided the boats, Salomague provided the dock, no boats.

20-30yrs ago most Royal ships carried their own Tenders, including Voyager Class. Many forget that

Edited by ONECRUISER

Quantum class carry their own tenders.  I think eight of the life boats are built to do double duty as tenders. 

When Ovation visits Maui and Kona in Hawaii she tenders using her own tenders.  Some New Zealand ports for Ovation do as well.  They claim it's the largest tender operation in the cruise industry.  

Anthem used to tender in CocoCay but didn't use her own boats.

17 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

I am booked on Serenade in May Hawaii 2021.  We are only doing 5 nights in Hawaii, then on to Vancouver..not sure what ship will be coming in the following month.  

5 minutes ago, SRV FAN said:

I guess they are not gonna do anymore "thru the Panama canal" cruises. Been waiting & waiting for 2021/2022 to open up... 

The deployment schedule would not indicate that they have any exotic cruises beyond Asia and Australia this season. 

I think RCCL is happy with the sailings done by Azamara and Celebrity at this moment. 

Week of February 24, 2020 China – Phase 2

Week of March 2, 2020 Short Caribbean

Week of March 16. 2020 Australia

Week of March 23, 2020 China – Phase 3

Week of March 30, 2020 Singapore & Transpacifics

On 1/11/2020 at 2:42 PM, springaussie said:

I think time will tell. 

The Hawaiian port bookings In Voyager's name only appeared about a week ago.   We know Royal change their mind frequently,, but to put bookings in place and then decide to cancel those plans a week later seems unlikely.   

5 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

The Hawaiian port bookings In Voyager's name only appeared about a week ago.   We know Royal change their mind frequently,, but to put bookings in place and then decide to cancel those plans a week later seems unlikely.   

Rare, yes, but you'd be surprised. Two yrs ago booked a Repo sailing hour it was released, week later was canceled. Since Royal started releasing Cruises further out last couple yrs, seems be more likely changes will and actually have happened

17 hours ago, SRV FAN said:

I guess they are not gonna do anymore "thru the Panama canal" cruises. Been waiting & waiting for 2021/2022 to open up... 

Royal does not do Panama Canal cruises on a regular or even a seasonal basis.  There was a gap of a couple of years between about 2013 and 2015, and then another gap until 2018. Serenade is doing a Westbound full transit on May 4, if there is any space to grab. Final payment is coming soon, so cabins may open up.

12 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

The Voyager sailings could have been booked earlier. They appeared on the website 18 months prior to the actual dates. Hawaii ports only show calls 18 months out, even though they have bookings much further into the future.