My embarkation bag to carry on the ship must include...

SempreMare

I read all theses replies and have 2 little things to add:

1.  Passport:  Download the Mobile Passport to your phone, enter the info from your passport, including number.  It requires a userid and password, so secure.  We have never been asked for copies of our passports.

2.  No matter how many credit cards you take, take a piece of paper, write down the card number, exp date, sec code AND most importantly the phone number of CC company in case your card(s) is lost or stolen.  Write it in ‘code’ and keep in a safe place separate from your cards.  I guess this is another item for your carryon!

Happy cruising!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CM1984 said:

2.  No matter how many credit cards you take, take a piece of paper, write down the card number, exp date, sec code AND most importantly the phone number of CC company in case your card(s) is lost or stolen.  Write it in ‘code’ and keep in a safe place separate from your cards.  

For goodness sake! If your wallet is stolen just phone your bank and tell them - they know all the card details!

2 hours ago, picsa said:

For goodness sake! If your wallet is stolen just phone your bank and tell them - they know all the card details!

Ah, but many have CC’s that are not though their bank, right?  Actually, i had read this from other posts, 

7 hours ago, MogeyMan said:

I may be confused and confess to not reading this entire thread, but I thought you mailed in your passport to get the passport  card. Can you have both in your possession?? Do they mail back the passport??

I have both a passport card and a passport.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CM1984 said:

Ah, but many have CC’s that are not though their bank, right?  Actually, i had read this from other posts, 

So phone the credit card company and tell them your wallet with their card has been stolen. Why on earth would you need to tell them the card number of the card they issued to you? (let alone all the other details).

Sure you might have read it, but just step back and think about it for a moment - is your card company so rubbish that their 'lost & stolen' line would not assist you if you didn't have all those details - of course they would; after all the liability for misuse sits with them.

1 hour ago, *Miss G* said:

All my credit cards have an account I log into so there is no need to write the details on a piece of paper.  Are there actually credit cards out there which don’t have an electronic account?

All my credit cards are like yours.  I am quite sure all credit cards have electronic accounts.  Speaking for myself, I love it but not everyone likes or uses electronic banking 😉 

We only do electronic banking, including cheque deposits by cel.

This has become so prevalent in Canada that one bank, Laurentian Bank, is in the process of converting many of their locations in larger cities from teller  to non teller offices.  Only ATM's and on line services. 

Laurentian is a regional bank but I strongly suspect that the other banks will be watching this closely.  I suspect that it is the future.

Edited by iancal

27 minutes ago, iancal said:

We only do electronic banking, including cheque deposits by cel.

This has become so prevalent in Canada that one bank, Laurentian Bank, is in the process of converting many of their locations in larger cities from teller  to non teller offices.  Only ATM's and on line services. 

Laurentian is a regional bank but I strongly suspect that the other banks will be watching this closely.  I suspect that it is the future.

It isn't the future it is the past - One major UK bank has been operating with no branches, only phone (and now online) since 1989.

12 hours ago, MogeyMan said:

I may be confused and confess to not reading this entire thread, but I thought you mailed in your passport to get the passport  card. Can you have both in your possession?? Do they mail back the passport??

I believe a passport card is considered a new or renewal passport.  If you already have a passport book you must mail it in, but as part of the renewal process you can get both a new passport card and a new passport book.  When I first was looking at a cruise while there was a possibility of needing an ID while my passport was tied up in the visa process a couple months I faced that and still had a couple of years left on my passport.  I solved the immediate problem by getting a NEXUS card, but the next time I renewed my passport got both the card and the book.

Roy

On 8/11/2019 at 7:14 AM, Floridiana said:

Put your name, cabin number, home address, phone number on a large piece of paper inside your suitcases. The outside tags could get ripped. That's what the cruise line claimed in our case.

Just print an extra copy of your baggage tags for each item of luggage including hand carry.  Add your home address and phone number.  Place it inside each piece of luggage.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2019 at 1:30 PM, CM1984 said:

I read all theses replies and have 2 little things to add:

1.  Passport:  Download the Mobile Passport to your phone, enter the info from your passport, including number.  It requires a userid and password, so secure.  We have never been asked for copies of our passports.

2.  No matter how many credit cards you take, take a piece of paper, write down the card number, exp date, sec code AND most importantly the phone number of CC company in case your card(s) is lost or stolen.  Write it in ‘code’ and keep in a safe place separate from your cards.  I guess this is another item for your carryon!

Happy cruising!

Why can't you just take a pic on your phone, much easier IMO.

My phone is password protected, so I do worry much.