Earliest NCL start accepting bids?

llcruisers

37 minutes ago, llcruisers said:

Hi all - I've submitted bids on an October 6 cruise - anybody know when is the earliest that NCL will start notifying if the bid has been accepted.  Thanks in advance

"when is the earliest"..... it can be as early as the moment you submit - very unlikely but is the answer to your question.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, llcruisers said:

Hi all - I've submitted bids on an October 6 cruise - anybody know when is the earliest that NCL will start notifying if the bid has been accepted.  Thanks in advance

They begin accepting bids and notifying people between 20 and 30 days out.

48 minutes ago, drvmywifecrzy said:

correct

Semi correct..... if the bids aren't made avaialbe until 76 days out then they can't be notified at 80 days out.  There have been many reports where the 80th day has passed and no bid offers sent out. 😁 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

Where have you seen reports of people bidding at the opening 80 day mark and getting an acceptance that same day? I have never seen or read it. 

On average the bid offers are distributed 80 days prior to the cruise..... the OP asked "what is the earliest NCL will start notifying that a bid is accepted"..... thus if a bid is offered and submitted on day 80 then that is the earliest NCL could accept it.  Right?  Read bullet 5 in the Upgrade Advantage Program T&Cs: https://www.ncl.com/ch/en/content/upgrade-advantage-terms

The key word the OP used was "earliest".....  it wasn't the "average" or "latest" or "normal".... 

The minute you hit "submit" then NCL can accept the non-refundable bid. I know it's hard to believe but not all bid "winners" are Cruise Critic members or post on other forums which is why you've probably never seen or read it.

5 hours ago, esm54687 said:

On average the bid offers are distributed 80 days prior to the cruise..... the OP asked "what is the earliest NCL will start notifying that a bid is accepted"..... thus if a bid is offered and submitted on day 80 then that is the earliest NCL could accept it.  Right?  Read bullet 5 in the Upgrade Advantage Program T&Cs: https://www.ncl.com/ch/en/content/upgrade-advantage-terms

The key word the OP used was "earliest".....  it wasn't the "average" or "latest" or "normal".... 

The minute you hit "submit" then NCL can accept the non-refundable bid. I know it's hard to believe but not all bid "winners" are Cruise Critic members or post on other forums which is why you've probably never seen or read it.

LOL. Thanks for the lecture and explaining all the verbiage ....... I don't need it.  I'm aware of the bidding procedure and I've won my bids on NCL. Again, show me where anyone has won their bid at 80 days the minute after submitting an offer  and I think the OP was expecting a more realistic timeline and that is based on the thousands of people who have discussed this in the never ending "What was you bid offer" thread ........ Most bids are accepted a few days before the cruise or a bit farther out in some cases. 

1 hour ago, tallnthensome said:

LOL. Thanks for the lecture and explaining all the verbiage ....... I don't need it.  I'm aware of the bidding procedure and I've won my bids on NCL. Again, show me where anyone has won their bid at 80 days the minute after submitting an offer  and I think the OP was expecting a more realistic timeline and that is based on the thousands of people who have discussed this in the never ending "What was you bid offer" thread ........ Most bids are accepted a few days before the cruise or a bit farther out in some cases. 

Maybe you don't need a lesson on verbiage but certainly you could use an afternoon with Webster...... the OP asked for the "earliest" not "a more realistic timeline" or "normal" or "average" or "most likely" ....... we all answered the OP's question exactly as it was asked asked.

and post #7 verified it's not always "a few days before a cruise" when someone was awarded at day 60.  NCL's own promo flyer states "a bid can be awarded at any time after being submitted"...... and thru your own posting "a bit out in some cases" is anytime between submission and a few days before the cruise. 

The OP's question was asked and answered.... 

Happy sailing

Edited by esm54687

4 minutes ago, esm54687 said:

Maybe you don't need a lesson on verbiage but certainly you could use an afternoon with Webster...... the OP asked for the "earliest" not "a more realistic timeline" or "normal" or "average" or "most likely" ....... we all answered the OP's question exactly as it was asked asked.

and post #7 verified it's not always "a few days before a cruise" when someone was awarded at day 60.  NCL's own promo flyer states "a bid can be awarded at any time after being submitted"...... and thru your own posting "a bit out in some cases" is anytime between submission and a few days before the cruise. 

The OP's question was asked and answered.... 

Happy sailing

You answer how you wish and I choose to give the OP a more usable and realistic answer and timeline. Good day to you. 

My Jade TA I don’t think the “bid opportunity” window even opened until 55 days out or less, I forget exactly when but it was much closer in than the normal 80 days, so it really can vary all over the place.  My 60 day statement about Bliss Alaska is fact.  

• Like 1

On 8/12/2019 at 9:47 AM, tallnthensome said:

Again, show me where anyone has won their bid at 80 days the minute after submitting an offer 

I received an upgrade offer on 14 January, made a bid that day, and got confirmation of success on 15 January for a sail date on 4 April. So it can happen quite far out. 

I am on the Getaway transatlantic cruise this coming October for 19 days. We were sent an upgrade bidding email 80 days out and we bid on that day. We are 66 days out and have not heard anything yet. Last year we were told a no 2 days before the cruise :-)... good luck