L L-P's answers are here... and are generally missing the point

RickT

9 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

The thing is, disrespecting customers and covering things up also "damages the brand..."

Customers actually respect someone who acts with integrity, not someone passing the buck, then making false excuses, all not to admit there is actually an issue.

Where did she disrespect her customers or not act with integrity?  She was very polite and respectful in her answers even if some of them had less info than some people here expected or wanted.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Mynki said:

I've been in many as I used to work for Europe's largest bank. The CEO or other very senior directors faced far more challenging questions than those on here face to face. They all did a much better job of responding than LLP. That said I appreciate the reply's were to fellow colleagues and not customers. Brits are often a lot more direct, blunt and to the point than other nationalities at times too. 

A few more "I'll speak to the relevant people involved and come back to you" would have given the impression at least that she was more engaged. I've not read the laundry thread but I'm unsurprised that got her attention for the reasons given above. 

Yes you are correct Mynki about the responses at an internal-type town hall type meetings to company employees.  She is likely much more direct in that setting.  I guess a better example would be that she gave answers as if she was at a public shareholders meeting with her lawyers present.  I still appreciate the effort - really a tough thing to do to please everybody and to keep her comments within safe legal and strategic territory for the company at the same time.  She did not have to do this for us at all really.  So any info that came out of it makes us more informed.

20 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Yes you are correct Mynki about the responses at an internal-type town hall type meetings to company employees.  She is likely much more direct in that setting.  I guess a better example would be that she gave answers as if she was at a public shareholders meeting with her lawyers present.  I still appreciate the effort - really a tough thing to do to please everybody and to keep her comments within safe legal and strategic territory for the company at the same time.  She did not have to do this for us at all really.  So any info that came out of it makes us more informed.

I can appreciate how much of a challenge posting on Cruise Critic could be for any company. It is a good thing that she engaged the community. I do think it would be a good idea for X pax to have a competent and empowered Celebrity employee post on here though. 

It wouldn't hurt any company to have one of their head honchos post annually or even twice annually to discuss what they've been up to and what their current plans are whilst listening to suggestions and feedback. All IMHO of course. :) 

2 minutes ago, Mynki said:

I can appreciate how much of a challenge posting on Cruise Critic could be for any company. It is a good thing that she engaged the community. I do think it would be a good idea for X pax to have a competent and empowered Celebrity employee post on here though. 

It wouldn't hurt any company to have one of their head honchos post annually or even twice annually to discuss what they've been up to and what their current plans are whilst listening to suggestions and feedback. All IMHO of course. :) 

Yes I totally agree with you.  On rare occasions there have been responses here on CC from "Celebrity Cruises" but I have not seen that in quite some time.  I think they do respond on Facebook which is a much wider audience than CC.

On 8/12/2019 at 2:04 PM, RickT said:

I suspect this post will get removed, but like others I have been eagerly awaiting L L-P to come to the board and answer the questions that have been asked by the CC community.  Well, that occurred today and from a review of the responses the question being asked is not really being answered.  Instead we are given a generic response or weblink that does little to address the question or concern.

I don't want my post to reflect that I am not grateful for the opportunity to interact, I just wish we would get some honest responses that would indicate the question has actually been read and the concern understood.

Every response of hers was beyond lame, didn't answer a question or dodge a direct answer. She took so long to show up--and whoever crafted the answers missed the mark

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Don't forget that the people on Cruise Critic, however vocal they may be,  represent a tiny fraction of actual cruise customers.  The reality is that the CEO of X is going to do and say whatever is best for the majority not a small percentage. Don't overestimate your importance here. I think she gave us the attention we deserved.

Edited by mac66
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, mac66 said:

The reality is that the CEO of X is going to do and say whatever is best for the majority not a small percentage. 

Like make lots of cutbacks to amenities, service and quality? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mynki said:

They are in business to make a profit. I would guess the majority of their customers are unaware of cutbacks, are unaffected, don't notice or don't care.   I mean... who cares about footstools but some of the people here? Seriously?  Who else cares about putting an additional level between Elite Plus and Pinnacle, other than a very few?

• Like 1

I think many are disappointed in the fact that they are not getting what they asked for.  I didn't expect her to answer any other way in truth.  Yes they need to look into the feasibility of things and will talk to the teams involved in those areas.  She is the CEO, and she relies on people to look into things, this is the way it works, she does not know every single aspect of everything but knows where to get the information from and to,  I ran hotels do you think I knew the first thing on how engineering fixed air conditioners etc, not at all  I trusted my engineers to give me the information on what to do and needed to be done and asked questions on that information.   There were places she was straight forward like in the extra level between status, that this is not in the plans at this point.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, mac66 said:

They are in business to make a profit. I would guess the majority of their customers are unaware of cutbacks, are unaffected, don't notice or don't care.   I mean... who cares about footstools but some of the people here? Seriously?  Who else cares about putting an additional level between Elite Plus and Pinnacle, other than a very few?

Congratulation. You just won the Cruise Critic 2019 stating the bleeding obvious award! 

Cruise Critic members are just a reflection of the cruising community. Long term members may be a bit more clued up if they've read the forum than those who have not, but their thoughts and opinions will be the same. I'm sure you've been disappointed by some company before and expressed your opinion about it too. That's all those who are disappointed about footstools are doing. You need to learn that other cruisers have different needs and expectations from yourself as do a few others on here. 

42 minutes ago, mac66 said:

I have no horse in this race because I'm no where near elite but they can add a new level and make footstools the new perk. Kill two birds with one stone. 

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Yes, I'm sure they'll be saving a lot of money by doing away with footstools. As we've seen in other posts, people will just pile up the cushions from the sofa and bed to use which should really save them a lot of money.🙄

The lovely IKEA style furniture they have used in the new ships and refurbishing should really save them lots of money too.... until they see how often it will have to be replaced.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Mynki said:

Congratulation. You just won the Cruise Critic 2019 stating the bleeding obvious award! 

Not so obvious to some people who think everything is all about them, all the time.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Where did she disrespect her customers or not act with integrity?  She was very polite and respectful in her answers even if some of them had less info than some people here expected or wanted.  

Being polite is certainly true, but giving answers that were not true just to give an impression of addressing the answer is disrespecting customers as well. In addition to risking disruption to the plans of those customers all to cover up the issue.

Where - the Galapagos topic. Legal issues that affect an entire ship and destination are something that she would be across and it's incorrect to refer to something that doesn't exist as she did as a solution.

Don't forget that the people on Cruise Critic, however vocal they may be,  represent a tiny fraction of actual cruise customers.  The reality is that the CEO of X is going to do and say whatever is best for the majority not a small percentage. Don't overestimate your importance here. I think she gave us the attention we deserved.
We are first time Celebrity cruisers in November and so far we really like what we are seeing. The Debbie Downers and Negative Nellies are not going to change our outlook.

We also love the fact that we can get a full suite that is accessible. On Royal we could only get a Junior Suite.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

On 8/14/2019 at 3:13 PM, Mynki said:

Pity we didn’t know about the new gratuity costs on the ‘free’ beverage packages until after 12th August. I bet there would have been a few more interesting questions. Wonder if that was orchestrated; sorry, I mean a strategic business management policy to enhance the options available to increase shareholders’ returns 😂. Thank you and have a great rest of your day.

Edited by villauk
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

Being polite is certainly true, but giving answers that were not true just to give an impression of addressing the answer is disrespecting customers as well. In addition to risking disruption to the plans of those customers all to cover up the issue.

Where - the Galapagos topic. Legal issues that affect an entire ship and destination are something that she would be across and it's incorrect to refer to something that doesn't exist as she did as a solution.

Ok but some people feeling disrespected and LLP being disrespectful are two different things entirely.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Ok but some people feeling disrespected and LLP being disrespectful are two different things entirely.

Not in this case. I'm not sure why you consider the above statements respectful of paying customers.

20 hours ago, mac66 said:

Not so obvious to some people who think everything is all about them, all the time.

The average age of a Celebrity cruiser is around 60. Do you really think people who have got to that stage in life don't know RCCL is a business created to make money for its shareholders? Really? 

They're still entitled to express their thoughts and opinion about a product they spend their money on though. Whether fellow board members whinge about them whinging or not! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, villauk said:

Pity we didn’t know about the new gratuity costs on the ‘free’ beverage packages until after 12th August. I bet there would have been a few more interesting questions. Wonder if that was orchestrated; sorry, I mean a strategic business management policy to enhance the options available to increase shareholders’ returns 😂. Thank you and have a great rest of your day.

I think I might have missed this. We have a 'free' beverage pack in October. Does this mean we'll be paying gratuities on drinks or have I misunderstood? 

58 minutes ago, Mynki said:

I think I might have missed this. We have a 'free' beverage pack in October. Does this mean we'll be paying gratuities on drinks or have I misunderstood? 

M - mis-understood.

Rampant rumor, as far as many of us know, even if true current holders of the package will not have to pay anything more for the package.

Lots of conjecture and sadness over ???? LOL

Cheers and bon voyage

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mynki said:

The average age of a Celebrity cruiser is around 60. Do you really think people who have got to that stage in life don't know RCCL is a business created to make money for its shareholders? Really? 

They're still entitled to express their thoughts and opinion about a product they spend their money on though. Whether fellow board members whinge about them whinging or not! 

Take it or leave it, I stand by what I said.   What's your point?

Edited by mac66

15 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

M - mis-understood.

Rampant rumor, as far as many of us know, even if true current holders of the package will not have to pay anything more for the package.

Lots of conjecture and sadness over ???? LOL

Cheers and bon voyage

Thanks Bo. :)