Extra hangers

SmilesYourWay

16 minutes ago, SmilesYourWay said:

Can we get extra hangers if needed or should we bring our own? It's been a while since I've cruised. My next cruise is 10 days. Have never gone more than 7 days.

Pauline puts coat hangers in her dresses and my shirts and polo shirts which makes it easy to hang them up in the wardrobe when we unpack and we just leave them when we disembark in case the next people want to use them 

• Like 2

I buy the lightest, skinniest coat hangars that I can find in Walmart. Then, I hang the items that I am taking that need hanging on the hangars. I then cover them (2-3 hangers depending on the thickness) with the clear, dry cleaner bags and pack them like that. The result is that your clothes don't wrinkle and you can just hang them up right out of the suitcase. This really works! Learned this trick with my frequent business travel. I may even use wooden clothespins for some shorts and hang them like this. I also take jumbo binder clips for curtains that don't close or bed toppers that are too short (I'm tall) or a myriad of other uses . I throw a couple of fabric softener sheets into the luggage and this leaves a good stink in my bag. Those are then used in the dryer on the ship when I do our clothes.

• Like 1

I save the hangers from the dry cleaners and pack them for extra hangers for our vacations.

Good idea about putting clothes on hangers so they are ready to be hung in the closet. I have been packing my hubby’s dockers-and dress trousers on hangers,but not polo shirts etc. I will try this for our next vacation.

I also take Wrinkle Release by Downy to get rid of the few wrinkles that occur no matter how carefully I pack the suitcases .

3 minutes ago, Vic The Parrot said:

Wire hangers? 

Uh oh ...   😨

Yes, the e tea hangers the room steward brings are those that are either from the laundry or ones people leave in the cabin.  Sometimes, they are quite misshapen ... but think they weed them out after they are really bent out of shape.  

18 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I saw that you can order hangers on the ship using the Ocean application if your ship is Ocean Ready.  They are free of charge.  

Going on the Grand. It won't start Medallion until March 2020. Just wanted to make sure I could get more from "Stewart" 😉 if more are needed. Sounds like that is the case. Thanks all!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We were pleasantly surprised on Regal this June to find plenty of hangers in our cabin and it was the first time in memory not having to ask for some additional from Stewart.  Made us wonder if they are just giving more to begin with.  I won't begin to think that is for real until I see it repeated.  :classic_wink:

10 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I saw that you can order hangers on the ship using the Ocean application if your ship is Ocean Ready.  They are free of charge.  

You just made my wife very happy. She always gets extra hangers. 

Tony

• Like 1