What makes the Aft balcony cabins so special.

James4me

We will be sailing on the Panorama in our first ever Aft Wrap, deck 6 Havana.  I’m hoping to get great (or not so great) responses.   Yes I know Panorama has yet to sail.  I’m looking for responses on all Class ships.  Thanks!

On the Dream class ships they are nearly always extremely quiet. There is so little foot traffic in the hallways.  I have never stayed in a wrap but they should have even more views than the extended.  There you have a 180 degree view.  The wake is mesmerizing.  I could sit on those balconies for hours.

The downside is there is virtually no breeze.  In hot weather they are hot and they are in the sun all day.  With a wrap you shouldn't have this issue since a portion of your balcony will be on one side or the other.

Be sure to check to see what's under you.  On the Dream class there's a lot of noise into the night under the deck 6 aft balconies.

Enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Aft-wrap is the best cabin at sea in my opinion. Balcony is huge...you have views from both the back and side of the ship. Cabin is also huge. Very quiet on the back of the ship, but also a long walk, depending on where you are coming from. After staying in an aft-wrap any other cabin you will ever stay in will be a major let down.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My hubby & I love the Aft Cabins because of the relative quietness, sure can't get lost trying to find the Cabin 🙂🙂 and when we can afford them the Aft Wrap's are da BEST!!   I book us in the Aft even for Insides, just have come to feel comfy there in the back. 

💆🏻💆🏼‍♂️🛳

Bobbi

• Thanks 1

Had done a few cruises in Balconies mid ship, then went to an aft balcony.

Peeked around the divider one cruise as we were next to an aft wrap and I was like a kid in a candy store. WOW.

Our last 2 cruises were aft wraps, and our next 3 are as well.

I won't book a cruise if not available now. Spoiled.

Also will only do 8 days.

We did the Vista Aft Wrap Havana and loved the Havana area.

Have 2 booked for the Horizon next year Havana aft wrap.

You will love the Havana Area.

We have one on the Sunrise in a few weeks as well.

Always wanted to Cruise from New York City on the Hudson.

After the Sunrise more then likely we will just Cruise the Havana Area for all future cruises.

In an Aft Wrap 🙂

Views are great. See where you are going and where you have been.

Part of the cruise we love, is sitting on the AFT wrap sailing away from an Island we were just at watching it go off in the distance,

195.thumb.jpg.a5e78e84da596ff87c4e10c452329d8c.jpg

Or you can watch it from one of the The Havava Hot Tubs

191.thumb.jpg.3ac96a8382e4ff06ccf634393a960453.jpg

Edited by thesmiths
  • Like 2

We have had one Aft Balcony so far on NCL Getaway and have our second booked next year on CCL Mardi Gras.  What I loved about having an Aft Balcony was having a large private space with a beautiful view of the ocean and my own lounger....never had to deal with the crowded lido or chair hogs.

• Like 1

I love being AFT on the ships!  I even book OV cabins AFT.  We find the cabins to be quieter, less traffic and depending on the ship, there is usually a set of stairs very close.  We have the habit of "walk down and elevator up", while cruising.  The views are incredible.  I enjoy watching the wake of the boat and listening to the sounds.  So peaceful!  

• Thanks 1

When I can I will book a wrap balcony, love, love love the view and the quiet but most of all the huge balcony and can have view of the side of the ship as well as the back. I would pass up a suite to have one of these cabins

• Like 2

Quiet, little wind (which can be a negative mid-day) and the view is amazing. One negative is that soot from funnel can drift down, so wipe down chair/railings before sitting down or leaning against. The other, and NOT trying to start a discussion on this, is that smokers in these cabins tend to push the boundaries and smoke on their balconies. I've seen it more on the aft balconies than anywhere else.

Edited by Keys2Heaven
  • Thanks 1

I also like the aft balconies and have booked them many times in the past.  Some pros are the quieter hallways, no wind when sitting on the balcony, tranquility of watching the boat's wake, can almost always see the sunset from your balcony, slightly larger balcony size.  Some cons are occasional soot from the smoke stack, no air circulation when the sun is beating down on the balcony and no great views when pulling into ports.

I've never been able to snag an aft wrap but would love to stay in one of those if I ever saw one available.

• Thanks 1

We tried an aft balcony once, on the Magic out of Galveston a few years back.  It seemed whenever I tried using it, it was always in the sun, no shade at all.  It was a 6th deck balcony, so we also had some noise from the comedy club underneath us - only a bother if we were getting up early the next morning for an excursion.

We're fine with mid ship mid deck balconies, so that aft was probably a one and done deal.  Others love them, that's why it takes all kinds to fill a ship.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The second picture THESMITHS posted is likely your balcony (the one in the middle of the photo, not the top most balcony you  can see).  We went up one level to get a little further from the Havana area and potential noise.  But otherwise, I think the Havana Aft wraps are about as good as it gets on the ship!

4 hours ago, Butterbean1000 said:

Can your wrap balcony be seen from the deck above?

Only if you are standing at the railing, in the aft wrap there is a section of the balcony that is covered so it is not all uncovered

12 hours ago, Butterbean1000 said:

Can your wrap balcony be seen from the deck above?

Not all of it...that we know of 🙂

Up along the side there is privacy and shade depending on your route direction.

Edited by thesmiths

13 hours ago, coevan said:

we love the Spa balconies. We did an aft once and the lack of breeze, privacy and shade was enough to bring us back to the spa. Great location, also extremely quiet and steps from the Spa and Serenity.

We've booked our first spa balcony on our upcoming Breeze cruise.  We always book balconies on the Panorama deck. We are very excited.