Drink Package Went Down

11 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

I have a good question, the prices for the drink package changes from time to time, and your allowed to cancel and rebook, why does RC even do this?  Why not just make a decent compromise price for the drink package and stick to it, this sure will save the cruise line employees online for cancelling and rebooking, don't you think?

I would guess that the vast majority of cruisers don't know they can cancel and reorder and/or don't know that prices change all the time.

35 minutes ago, nadinenurse1 said:

Last drink question I swear.  A person can still purchase on the cruise you just pay full price  for the remainder of the cruise, no discount, am I correct ? So for a 5 day  cruise you buy the refreshments package no alcohol, you pay for  3 ,4 5 if you buy on day 3...  half my family can drink they already purchased the full,package, the others no hard stuff but don’t want it the day we board. They wish to pick  their days. I told them no picking lol all,or nothing from the day they purchase... just want to make sure I did  not mislead them

Just want to make sure I'm understanding this... they're wanting to buy the refreshment (no booze, but includes mocktails, specialty coffees, etc.) package for the whole trip, then upgrade it to the deluxe package for the last three days?  I'm not sure, but I don't think that can be done.

If they want to "pick their days" for the booze package, they're probably better off just paying by the drink. 

If they get a soda package or a refreshment package, they can also just "buy a shot" of whatever booze they want and add it to the soda/virgin cocktail that would be included with their soda/refreshment package.  

Sorry to be confusing. They didn’t want to buy the drink package, no booze , the first day but add it in later. On the third day. Their logic is they will not fully use it those days , The would optimally love it  on day 2, 3 ,4 but we know you can’t choose...They  ended  up purchasing it today for the duration, the excessive planning and watching prices was getting annoying and stressful , as others have put it the prices vary  wildly w no logic and since this seems to be a good price. I appreciate the help beingc stressed is no fun , lol

4 hours ago, nadinenurse1 said:

Another last q lol anyone got a list of mock tails ? All I could come up w are pina coladas and frozen margaritas 🍸

Frozen mojito.  Virgin mudslide.

9 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

I would guess that the vast majority of cruisers don't know they can cancel and reorder and/or don't know that prices change all the time.

Only issue is that you get a credit card refund- if paid that way and have to repay-  So a little hassle.  At least that is how it worked with Celebrity.  If you use OBC probably easier.

On 8/21/2019 at 9:58 AM, CruisingNole said:

For now, it appears that the days of the deluxe drink package selling for less than $50 are a thing of the past.

I will be on Indy this December. At booking back in April or May, it was $56/day. Dropped to $52/day during a "sale" every 2 weeks, the usual cycle.

Last week it jumped to $65/day and today it is on "sale" for $57/day.

So, the new "sale" price is higher than the "regular" price just a few months ago.

Buy your packages now, folks. I wouldn't count on prices to go back to what they used to be.

I think there is some kind of secret formula because i got my drink package for the Symphony of the Sea sailing 10/26 for 46.00 p/p. I have not seen it that low again.

1 hour ago, DivaMI said:

I think there is some kind of secret formula because i got my drink package for the Symphony of the Sea sailing 10/26 for 46.00 p/p. I have not seen it that low again.

When did you buy it though? Within the last two months? If so, I’m envious. That’s when the prices have jumped. 

On 8/20/2019 at 9:03 AM, Host Clarea said:

Welcome to the world of RC pricing.  They use a different kind of math than the rest of us.

Our upcoming cruise on Harmony Sept 22, 2019 is my first experience with RCI (previous cruises have been all with Carnival). Their dynamic pricing has driven me bonkers 😣  The deluxe drink package was $52 when we first booked the cruise. It dropped to $49 and so we bought it. Went back up to $52, then about a month ago it dropped to $46, at which time we cancelled the $49 and repurchased at $46. Don't think it will drop any lower before the cruise, but I keep checking every day.

I also have an 8 night cruise on Adventure of the Seas next April. That one started out at $54 (haven't seen it any lower), and now is up at $59. We'll just pay as you go if it doesn't drop. Keeping fingers crossed for a great deal on black Friday 😉

And, the drink package pricing is just the tip of the iceberg. What RCI does with the cabana prices on Coco Cay is ludicrous. I've seen as low as $499 and as high as $1699 😲

Needless to say, I've learned one needs to check the cruise planner frequently. Like they say, "you snooze, you lose".

Edited by bitofun
typo

2 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Our feb Oasis one started at $54 (and we bought) then went to $65, and is now $57. Hoping it goes down Black Friday:)

Unfortunately, I missed the $18 deal of the century for my April, 2020 cruise by literally minutes (maybe seconds?). It showed in my planner at $18, I would add it to cart, but at checkout my total was what the $54 rate would be. I removed it, tried again, same thing. Third time I did it, the system wouldn't even process. Alas, wasn't meant to be... 😥