Hydrogen peroxide in OB shop?

peanutter

3 minutes ago, WatchHill said:

I've never seen that on any ship.

Darcy

Me, neither!  Depending on the ports of call, I would at least pack a small bottle and hopefully plan on picking some up in port ... all depends on how much you need. 

13 hours ago, peanutter said:

I know it would cost more than a fifth of Jack Daniels, but just wondering if the sundry shop even carries it (Regal).  Hoping for one less liquid to pack. 

Where are you leaving from on Regal?  If it is Fort Lauderdale, you should be leaving from pier #2.  There is a Walgreens very close to the pier.  Red hook will have stores, but not close to the pier , if I can remember.  The other ports that Regal leaves from I don't know about.

Fro Red Hook.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Brooklyn+Cruise+Terminal/@40.679982,-74.0159202,17z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x89c25a608f28f8ff:0x3d0fc7b4341f3ece!8m2!3d40.6821096!4d-74.0148956

Edited by geocruiser

Hydrogen Peroxide of course is deadly if it leaks on to your clothes. I have done this in the past!

Amazon sells 4 oz bottles of peroxide that would be sealed so a bit more safe than not sealed. That size is not travel compliant so you would have to pack it which is also not that great of an idea. 

I agree about stopping at Walgreens on your way into the port. What port is it?

2 hours ago, geocruiser said:

Where are you leaving from on Regal?  If it is Fort Lauderdale, you should be leaving from pier #2.  There is a Walgreens very close to the pier.  Red hook will have stores, but not close to the pier , if I can remember.  The other ports that Regal leaves from I don't know about.

Fro Red Hook.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Brooklyn+Cruise+Terminal/@40.679982,-74.0159202,17z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x89c25a608f28f8ff:0x3d0fc7b4341f3ece!8m2!3d40.6821096!4d-74.0148956

If you click on this link and type in pharmacy; you will find several local drugstores or phamacies near the port.  Rite Aid, Walgreens,and CVS are further away.  

2 hours ago, Clampram said:

Hydrogen Peroxide of course is deadly if it leaks on to your clothes. I have done this in the past!

Amazon sells 4 oz bottles of peroxide that would be sealed so a bit more safe than not sealed. That size is not travel compliant so you would have to pack it which is also not that great of an idea. 

I agree about stopping at Walgreens on your way into the port. What port is it?

Any liquids  I travel with, I place in zip lock bags for added protection.  One can purchase travel size containers to place the peroxide in.  May as well bring a large bottole of it and be done with it.  Peroxide is fairly cheap.

1 hour ago, elliair said:

Any liquids  I travel with, I place in zip lock bags for added protection.  One can purchase travel size containers to place the peroxide in.  May as well bring a large bottole of it and be done with it.  Peroxide is fairly cheap.

I do the same with my hair color rinse, and then I put I inside several grocery bags just to be safe.  I finally found some travel size bottles at Target that don’t leak, but I still double or triple wrap them.  

I kept some of the old plastic shampoo/conditioner "Lotus Spa" for travel sized use.  Of course the baggies that seal are a must to double bag the recycled bottles of ____________ that you don't want leaking in your suitcase.

Thank you all so much for the replies. 

We are leaving from NY (repo to Port Everglades).  We are going straight from LaGuardia to the cruise port and will not be stopping along the way (although I might have a few minutes to see if the airport has anything - not counting on it though).

I hear you on the leaking potential.  That would be a disaster.  I will just buy a new bottle and wrap it up (several times) and put it in our checked bag.

It isn't a must have item - we use it for dental care (coffee/tea stains) - but it would be nice to have along since we will be hitting the IC fairly frequently for espressos as well as attending afternoon tea!

Thanks again and happy travels. 

58 minutes ago, peanutter said:

Thank you all so much for the replies. 

We are leaving from NY (repo to Port Everglades).  We are going straight from LaGuardia to the cruise port and will not be stopping along the way (although I might have a few minutes to see if the airport has anything - not counting on it though).

I hear you on the leaking potential.  That would be a disaster.  I will just buy a new bottle and wrap it up (several times) and put it in our checked bag.

It isn't a must have item - we use it for dental care (coffee/tea stains) - but it would be nice to have along since we will be hitting the IC fairly frequently for espressos as well as attending afternoon tea!

Thanks again and happy travels. 

I knew I saw you screen name some where.  We are on the same cruise.  Looking forward to meeting you on board.  Here is a link to the stores at the airport;

https://laguardiaairport.com/at-airport/shops-restaurants-and-services

Edited by geocruiser

53 minutes ago, geocruiser said:

I knew I saw you screen name some where.  We are on the same cruise.  Looking forward to meeting you on board.  Here is a link to the stores at the airport;

https://laguardiaairport.com/at-airport/shops-restaurants-and-services

Thank you for this info!

I have not actually signed up for the meet and greet yet but think DH and I will. Really looking forward to this cruise and hope to meet you onboard as well 😊.

• Like 1

If departing from an American port, we always buy hydrogen peroxide at a store near the port.  Dollar Tree has the best one in a very extra small size, perfect for a 7-10 day trip. 

Edited by 4cats4me

I vacuum seal all my liquids.   Several years ago, I purchased two bottles of cough medicine.  Long cruise and was flying first class so had space but we normally purchase it in the port the day before we leave.   They were new and sealed but I still put them together and vacuum sealed them.  When we opened our bags on the ship, we found that tsa had inspected our bag and cut the bag in half.  You could see the label - well know brand and you could clearly see it was still factory sealed.  I would have been so mad if it leaked all over our clothes.  Red syrup - what a mess that would have been. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, peanutter said:

Husky61      the OP posted this

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/24/2019 at 8:27 AM, Clampram said:

Someone should invent a home sealer for liquids that we want to bring with us on travels.....LOL!

We use our foodsaver sealer, basically the same thing........