Harmony Live, August 25th to September 8th - A few more days drifting away...

A&L_Ont

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

We were in Fort Wayne in mid June. It was a rainy miserable but that was the worst weather day of the tour. It was the same night the Raptors the NBA Championship.  Our stop for the day was at the Allan County War Memorial Colosseum.

I used my navigation to get to to hotel, and you could only imagine my surprise when it said “make a u-turn on North Harry Baals Dr”.  And for those of you who have never been to Fort Wayne, the navigation said it just how it sounded. You could only imagine the laughter we had at dinner over dinner.

We ate at Koto Japanese Steakhouse that night and stayed in the retro😉 Ramada Plaza right beside it. I think we were in Indy the night before, if it remember correctly.

I also stopped at the Deusenberg Museum in Auburn the next day on the way to Norwalk Ohio. Beautiful country side in your area. 

Hey Andrew Harry Baals was actually mayor of Ft.Wayne from 1932-47 and 51-54 and about 4 or 5 years ago our city/county offices moved to a different location and some wanted to name the new place after Harry but that got shot down for obvious reasons.

• Haha 1

On 8/30/2019 at 2:57 PM, h20skibum said:

I wonder how many still sail with just a birth certificate and ID.  Without a passport, that wouldn’t be an option. 

If it was me, I would stay on till they kicked me off. 

A friend of mines daughter is on board and couldn’t fly home because of no passport. So at least one!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Djsmrs said:

Just a little bit of home coming to you.  2 sets of goalie gear.  My son and his buddy after camp.  He HAD to be a goalie.   I HAD to get rid of my smaller car to load all the gear 🤣😩🤔. Our tryouts start Wednesday - best of luck to Owen!

ECBCE719-DCC7-4A2E-9FDB-6186B705AE2E.jpeg

Oh. The smell from that much gear.  Hope it was cleaned before tryout camps.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Evening plans. 

image.thumb.jpg.f5a4e0906cfa51bc0ab71335ad5477f4.jpg

Enjoy the evening.  Will Jerry be on-board in October when we join aboard the HOS and in the Suite lounge or the Diamond Lounge ? Thinking things will be cleaned up in Orlando and  the Cape from Dorian by the time we arrive.

Air Canada and Westjet have cancelled all their FLL flights for tomorrow September 2nd.

Air Canada will operate only 2 flights departing Orlando tomorrow September 2nd (1 to Toronto and 1 to Montreal, both in the evening).

Westjet has cancelled all its Orlando (MCO) flights for tomorrow September 2nd.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, luvIU said:

I too live in The Fort. Harry was once the mayor of our fair city! 

I love in the Ramada Hotel the old photos of guests who stayed in the past. Presidents, actors etc, but my favourite was Johnny Cash. 

12 minutes ago, TheCount said:

Oh. The smell from that much gear.  Hope it was cleaned before tryout camps.

Owens goes on a dryer as soon as it is home for 3 hours. Does the world some good. 

9 minutes ago, TheCount said:

Enjoy the evening.  Will Jerry be on-board in October when we join aboard the HOS and in the Suite lounge or the Diamond Lounge ? Thinking things will be cleaned up in Orlando and  the Cape from Dorian by the time we arrive.

I think he should be in the SL. But you never know how things go. 

4 minutes ago, gnr25 said:

Air Canada and Westjet have cancelled all their FLL flights for tomorrow September 2nd.

Air Canada will operate only 2 flights departing Orlando tomorrow September 2nd (1 to Toronto and 1 to Montreal, both in the evening).

Westjet has cancelled all its Orlando (MCO) flights for tomorrow September 2nd.

Took them long enough to take action. At least everyone already there had chances to get out. 

A few assorted pics from today. 

GS was quiet today. Sources say about another 100 left the ship. 

623B85EB-EF9B-42EA-B4A1-527F6D4CFA66.thumb.jpeg.dc9fdf8e5d59ee562939c16e5629b2e5.jpeg

Bumped into a previous Genie Sebastian.

13BD514F-65F9-4386-B652-C6F0648F907A.thumb.jpeg.c81785802fdc85c5009e5707d48fbc80.jpeg

Wifi info for suite guests. 

E51F19CB-2E7D-4676-BC10-C5468C9284EB.thumb.jpeg.726047ea3edda4fab957d260696b6d1b.jpeg

Day 9.   Never seen on a 7 day sailing, well at least not by me. 

CEAB260B-8C3B-40BE-994A-6B1EDC4F9ED5.thumb.jpeg.24a064df1e5ef95a36499c6d5d7af33c.jpeg

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I love in the Ramada Hotel the old photos of guests who stayed in the past. Presidents, actors etc, but my favourite was Johnny Cash. 

Owens goes on a dryer as soon as it is home for 3 hours. Does the world some good. 

I think he should be in the SL. But you never know how things go. 

Took them long enough to take action. At least everyone already there had chances to get out. 

I always sprayed my hockey equipment with fabreze and let it air out.

This was just dropped off by our cabin steward.  They are keeping us well informed and we are very pleased with this. I will actually say this has been our smoothest so far of 39 cruises, however the water will eventually change. 

FF54299C-91DB-4FF3-B29C-BCE8F2F4B91D.thumb.jpeg.b7d1a6e4ecb62ffe5d700e53ff17af63.jpeg

20 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Good on you guys for taking care of the equipment.  I run the 7 arena and rec facilities in my city and I along with my staff certainly can tell you some really really smelly stories of equipment stench.  

Cool and overcast here in SW Ont today. And the Day 9 Compass is likely one of those keepers of the trip. 

Travel safe.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

This was just dropped off by our cabin steward.  They are keeping us well informed and we are very pleased with this. I will actually say this has been our smoothest so far of 39 cruises, however the water will eventually change. 

FF54299C-91DB-4FF3-B29C-BCE8F2F4B91D.thumb.jpeg.b7d1a6e4ecb62ffe5d700e53ff17af63.jpeg

It sounds like there's a good chance you could end up in Port Everglades or Miami.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheCount said:

Good on you guys for taking care of the equipment.  I run the 7 arena and rec facilities in my city and I along with my staff certainly can tell you some really really smelly stories of equipment stench.  

Cool and overcast here in SW Ont today. And the Day 9 Compass is likely one of those keepers of the trip. 

Travel safe.

The smell of hockey gear can never be duplicated. Thankfully only Owen’s gloves tent to smell and they are the cheapest to replace. That being said he grows out of things so fast now they don’t even last more than a season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, timf2001 said:

It sounds like there's a good chance you could end up in Port Everglades or Miami.

I think so too, better than 50-50. And if that happens, there will be no second cruise. My prediction is that they'll just send her back out to sea without guests until next Sunday.

7 minutes ago, Pratique said:

I think so too, better than 50-50. And if that happens, there will be no second cruise. My prediction is that they'll just send her back out to sea without guests until next Sunday.

Sure hope not. I’ll take the 50-50 over no second sailing. I think they’d keep those paying on board as we will off set some of the expenses. Not to mention what would the 47 Pinnacles on board say. LOL. Not to mention the 86 that were to board today. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

Sure hope not. I’ll take the 50-50 over no second sailing. I think they’d keep those paying on board as we will off set some of the expenses. Not to mention what would the 47 Pinnacles on board say. LOL

If they pull into South Florida,  it's over.

She'll go back to PC empty.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Sure hope not. I’ll take the 50-50 over no second sailing. I think they’d keep those paying on board as we will off set some of the expenses. Not to mention what would the 47 Pinnacles on board say. LOL. Not to mention the 86 that were to board today. 

I hope it works out one way or another. I'm just thinking that they won't be able to re-provision the ship in POM or PE. That stuff takes advance planning.

Those sunset pictures! Wow!

I've been following the NCL drama and I bet those passengers would have loved to have received a letter like yours at some point! Wow. Good on Royal for being on top of this one as best as possible under the circumstances.

Glad you're all safe and making the best of things! 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Pratique said:

I hope it works out one way or another. I'm just thinking that they won't be able to re-provision the ship in POM or PE. That stuff takes advance planning.

I have a feeling that RC has enough clout to swing with their suppliers that they can accomplish what they want on short notice. If the roads are clear they can send the supplies down the highway a few hours. It will come down to open ports and docking space. 

On a side note if they dock somewhere else they still need to send the guests back by bus to PC. If people can go one way supplies can go another. 

As always, time will tell. 

Edited by A&L_Ont