Harmony Live, August 25th to September 8th - A few more days drifting away...

A&L_Ont

Tonight the Captain Johnny gave is evening 6pm update.  He described the state of the hurricane, the hope that the ship could still arrive on Wednesday in PC dependant on weather and the port being open, and he followed up with the fact that we have more than enough supplies on board for the long haul.

He also said we would be doing doing lap(s) around Cozumel tonight. Sure looks like it. My understanding is no faster than 12 knots.

947A9517-4796-49D4-B02F-D8EFB1BB34D6.thumb.png.fb97bdecb8b2f6aabe798a26665fe0ee.png

1E0E8B0F-E7C8-4B01-B27D-2DED490B0176.thumb.jpeg.3580213f39ac99a5886ec79a68615183.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont

So today when we got back to the ship I called Air Canada and after 9 minutes on hold I got an agent. 15 minutes later we had our flights swapped and an email in my in box with no change fees. I was able to print the new itinerary in the Suite Lounge. 

B2FA1443-2F29-4666-9BE9-4AB6BA5B2BF8.thumb.jpeg.c744cd1d02ac75f292402ecc84fc9c4f.jpeg

Tomorrow I will have to call the car service to inform them of the new date and time. They have been very accommodating with us. If our return trip works out well I will share their info with you all. 

And then then there is this. 

EF751F43-C6B0-406A-9445-AF70A4895417.thumb.jpeg.1744b827b2d50568dbd4ffde453edb5d.jpeg

Is it empty?  Unh-uh. As of now we are booked for the four day sailing out of PC on Wednesday. If things go as planned the ship is headed to Labadee. It’s sure not a three hour tour, but it’s turning into an unplanned B2B.  

Owen will have already missed 2 days of school, so what’s 2 more.  We will not know our cabin until the day prior, if not the day of the turnaround.  From my understanding we will be remaining on deck 17.  I’m not sure how many had the offer to do this but when they rang my cabin I headed right to Next Cruise. I have not seen it posted in the Compass either. They said I was first there so as far as I am concerned it is a go.  I’ll share more info like price, location process etc as we find out. 

Also flying home 5 days after the hurricane (hopefully) passes the airport should be back to normal and the roads passable. It looks optimistically better with the latest version if the storm’s path so my fingers are crossed. 

All that being said I’m still watching the weather hoping that the path heads out to sea.  I don’t want anyone to have to go through that. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 11

13 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Cellular at Sea🤔

That's usually bad

Usually but not for me. Data is off so only calls can come through.  If work needs me I’m a call away but I prefer they email. Once we are near land data is turned back on. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, irishgal432 said:

I think the people that created the spinning guy were on some type of pharmactical. One person told me is paid handsomely for his part. 

When he he was done my slightly drunk sister yelled for an encore. Lol

Actually no one "created" the spinning guy.  It is based on an ancient ceremony

Look up Whirling Dervishes.  It is an ancient tradition practiced by a small sect of people in Turkey "The Mevlevis are also known as the 'whirling dervishes' due to their famous practice of whirlingas a form of dhikr (remembrance of God). Dervish is a common term for an initiate of the Sufi path; whirling is part of the formal sema ceremony"

Several years ago I had the chance to attend one of these ceremonies in Turkey while on vacation there.  Really quite interesting

Edited by Maverick61
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wonder how low the winds at the port need to be for the port to be reopened, still 31 mph on Wednesday, much better only 17 mph on Thursday.  

That would delay the shorten cruise another day. I don't know how those people flying in can plan for the unknown, I would think only people on that sailing are going to be current people on the ship plus people that have ability to drive to the port.......

Your extended cruise until next Sunday may continue to get cheaper.  As of this morning, this does not look promising for Harmony returning Wednesday (at least not in the morning).  

Here is where the storm will be at 1am on Wednesday.

Dorian 9-1-19.jpeg

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Wonder how low the winds at the port need to be for the port to be reopened, still 31 mph on Wednesday, much better only 17 mph on Thursday.  

Port stays closed for TS force winds.  Not sure how long they wait until after the last TS winds subside before they start the inspection phase to clear the port for reopening.

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

That would delay the shorten cruise another day. I don't know how those people flying in can plan for the unknown, I would think only people on that sailing are going to be current people on the ship plus people that have ability to drive to the port.......

Those that may be driving long distances may find themselves in the position that we did two years ago this time of year with Irma:  all of Florida was driving north and it was nearly impossible to find gas or lodging.  For that reason, we made the decision to cancel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Some here might know the wind speed limitations but I do know we have left PE when the winds were so strong that the Princess ship needed two tugs to get her off the pier.  Once she was free she was able to go on here own.  

Now as I say that it was just a windy day, not the “tail end” of a Hurricane.  We did sail on the tail end of Hurricane Sandy.  We came in the day after she hugged the coast. It was wavy the night, some where between 20-30 foot swells. We were the day after Sandy, and she too only hugged the coast. 

As a constant in have said, only time will tell. 

7 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Incase you are missing your cat Lucy, I'm sending you a picture of our cat  which is also named Lucy.

Awe Lucy.  What are you doing in the house, you crazy cat. 

Thanks Jimbo, I’m pretty sure our Lucy doesn’t even know we are gone. LOL.

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, thrifty99 said:

Your extended cruise until next Sunday may continue to get cheaper.  As of this morning, this does not look promising for Harmony returning Wednesday (at least not in the morning).  

Here is where the storm will be at 1am on Wednesday.

I guess we shall see.  

If my memory serves me correct yo were to be on board today. If so what was your final decision?  If my memory is correct, be safe if you are headed down. 

I don’t know when port closes however the bridges become unsafe with wind speeds of 45 mph. Bridges will be closed after storm passes so they can inspect them this can take 24-48 hours and would present a problem getting to and from port. Tuesday 0200 to Wednesday evening will be when Dorian is off our coast. Doubt you’ll be back in port Wednesday! 

Lucy is a popular name for cats.  Our Lucy is 19 and even though she has a lot of medical problems, still acts like a kitten.  She makes us pay when we get back from a cruise by yelling at us for a few days.  What a blabbermouth!    We’re on Harmony in 3 weeks so she’s getting her lungs and voice box charged up for our return.

• Like 3