Harmony Live, August 25th to September 8th - A few more days drifting away...

A&L_Ont

10 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Are they going to rename Harmony The Flying Dutchman?

or maybe Gypsy of the Seas?

I like the Flying Dutchman. The plan for the ship is that it will be in tomorrow morning, with first guess departing at 7 AM. That was said by Captain Johnny in the gathering today, and just on the loudspeakers across the ship.

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

Maybe it’s on a loop?

I would think and hope it is not a loop.  My guess the conditions were very similar. They do have the ability to move and zoom around, but this is one of the frequent shots where Harmony docks because I recognize that palm tree.

There may be something wrong with me, but following this thread has made me more and more excited for our trip on Harmony. It’s just under 90 days away and I wish we getting on now! 

I would love to be stuck on a ship but DH says he would be losing his mind stressing about getting home and his job responsibilities. 😉

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MalteseMama2 said:

I would love to be stuck on a ship but DH says he would be losing his mind stressing about getting home and his job responsibilities. 😉

I'd be pretty stressed out too. It all seems more suited to the retirement years.... whenever that may be.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'd be pretty stressed out too. It all seems more suited to the retirement years.... whenever that may be.

Im 10 years from retirement from my current job (will retire at 59) and am terribly sad i missed this sailing by one week 😞 😂I knew there was a chance my cruise would either be extended as the current sailing is or severely shortened as my sailing is that I cancelled.  I rolled the dice and crapped out lol.

Of course Im over my limit in annual leave and am basically losing 14 hours a month currently.   I need to take some time off but came on back to work yesterday. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

And this is why you either buy cruise insurance or do not cruise at hurricane season.

Save this photo and share it with whomever questions buying insurance. We might have a few more thread on the main RC boards this year, or on Social Media. 

AEB29C21-29C3-496F-A81C-D62684A56FA0.thumb.png.15ca7ca8e1f5b5612738bc3fdf7bcdc7.png

If already on ship and not worried about getting home so happy with extended vacation would you need to use insurance? If cruise is cancelled because storm coming doesn’t cruise line reimburse so if you don’t have plane tickets you wouldn’t use insurance? I’m really curious how this works. 

2 hours ago, MalteseMama2 said:

I would love to be stuck on a ship

I would love to be stuck there too, but would probably be sad that it was coming to an end.  In fact, when I saw this headline yesterday, I thought it was a story about this sailing.

C0002E45-E04B-40D0-8135-CC8B246F723C.thumb.jpeg.9fba232b1b834d52cc8633ae72574aac.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Lisa didn’t do well with the unknown, but when the plan was finalized it was all good. 

11 minutes ago, kidless said:

If already on ship and not worried about getting home so happy with extended vacation would you need to use insurance? If cruise is cancelled because storm coming doesn’t cruise line reimburse so if you don’t have plane tickets you wouldn’t use insurance? I’m really curious how this works. 

All depends on the individuals insurance and situation. Extending your holiday on your own doesn’t help in having insurance. In fact it would lapse unless you notified them of your extension.  I’m not even sure they would extend it as it was your choice to stay on board.  The cruise line doesn’t cover flight changes but if you can drive to port it’s not an issue.  Biggest thing about insurance is having the right coverage and reading it. 

5 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I would love to be stuck there too, but would probably be sad that it was coming to an end.  In fact, when I saw this headline yesterday, I thought it was a story about this sailing.

I saw it too.  After price per night break out it isn’t terrible, but it’s a long time to be away.