How can you change your Cruise Critic Name?

On other sites they won't let you do it cause then your 'history' disappears.  People like knowing who they're reading.  I'd like to change mine also.  It was quite a few years ago and not a screen name I've used in years.  But it is what it is.

25 minutes ago, srfoxymom said:

How can I contact an Administrator?

15 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Email - community@cruisecritic.com

Report a post and ask for the email address for the Administrators. 

Best thing is to 'report yourself' and then ask for the email address.  You might also include why.  You report a post by clicking the link in the upper right of your post.

Howdy y'all!  emo22.gif

Actually, the correct way to do this is an e-mail sent to help@cruisecritic.com from your Cruise Critic e-mail address of record. It should not be sent to community@cruisecritic.com.

From Community Help Center :

I'd like to change my Member Name 

If you would like us to consider a change to your existing Cruise Critic Member Name, please send an email using your Cruise Critic email address of record to help@cruisecritic.com and include ALL of the following information:

- Current Cruise Critic User Name

- Reason for Requesting Name Change

- Four or Five Choices for New User Name

They will go down your list and change your user name to the first available. If all of the names on your list are already taken, they will send you an e-mail asking for another list of possible names. And so it goes until an available new user name is found for you. Remember, with over a million and a half members it can sometimes be hard to find you a user name that is not already in use.

When your old user name is changed, all your previous posts will have your new user name and you will have not lost your post count. If anyone has quoted one of your posts, the quote appearing in their post will show your old user name.

BTW, e-mails about changing your Cruise Critic e-mail address of record should also be sent to help@cruisecritic.com. Again, send your e-mail from your current Cruise Critic e-mail address of record and be sure to mention your user name as well as your new e-mail address.

Hope this information will be helpful to all!

Kat 🐱

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, srfoxymom said:

Does anyone know how to edit and change your Cruise Critic username?  I tried to edit my profile ... and everything else can be changed but I don't see how you can change your username.  Please help.

Why do you want to change your screen name?

Have you gotten younger? (Good for you!)

Not a mom anymore? (Ya, I'd love to disown the kids sometimes, but I'm still a Dad)

Not ...... foxy..... anymore? 🙁 (I look in the mirror now and I'm sexier by the day! )

(Of, course my eyesight is going very fast these days too. 😉)

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 9/2/2019 at 6:49 PM, MicCanberra said:

Email - community@cruisecritic.com

Report a post and ask for the email address for the Administrators. 

Thank you for the email address.  I sent them an email.  I hope they can help.   Will keep you updated.

Here's my update:   Yay!!!  CC Help changed my username.  (formerly 'srfoxymom') As was posted above, I had to give them a number of names and I imagine, in order of my preference, they saw what was available.  Good thing I gave them 6 names.  I got #6.  LOL  
Thank you all for your help!!!  I LOVE CRUISE CRITIC.

Edited by luv2cruise0611