Stateroom free movies eliminated

Nymich

3 hours ago, aml3679 said:

Like I poster said, grab a towel and go watch on the big screen.  Turn lemons into lemonade.

Or how about we take the lemons and throw them back until they stop giving us lemons?

I appreciate the sentiment in accepting what life throws at us, and making the best of a situation.  However,  if you ever hope to change things sometimes you have to take action and not just lay down and let them run over you.  Otherwise they will assume you will just nod your head and say “yes,sir” every time.

Some degree of dissent is healthy in any democracy or business.  A bunch of sheep will only get slaughtered eventually.

• Like 4

Well lookie here...…..Look what we did!

Up front thanks to the moderators who let us vent and create this reversal.

Funny thing is there were very FEW that were backing or defending this move. (Bo)  You could count them on one hand!   They implied that this was not the place?  WRONG

We as a group are no different than a LEGITIMATE poll where the overwhelming majority of US disapproved.   We must watch X and what they do when they reinstate and ships should report in that the FREE in room movies are back and how many.   I hope to keep this thread to do that even though another thread is started that the free movies are back as WE are the Wikipedia of this discussion!

HUGE thanks to those who wrote in and called WE DID This!  This would not have happened without all the of US informing X  in writing that it was a cheap move.   And X if you are reading and I know you are......  Listen to us and do not do foolish things like this that are going to enrage people.  I will now reconsider my future booking with X based upon what you specifically do when the reinstatement of the FREE in room movies is done and the ships have reported in again like they did to expose the problem and energize the community.

I think I saw that the 16th the FREE in room movies will be back so if you are currently sailing or shortly after today please let us know if they are back on and how many and of course your ship.  If you did not write or call X you can still help by letting us know how exactly X "reinstates" this.

Thanks also to CC author Aaron who posted the article further exposing this.

Edited by Nymich
  • Like 4

Thanks Nymich for reporting this to everyone.  I am not the most active CC member but when a cruise line does something I or the community is not a fan of I let them know.  Sometimes it works,  sometimes it doesn’t, but at least you tried.

I was hopeful for this as it wasn’t an issue that required a lot of logistics or manpower just some cash.  When they got rid of free room service on RCI all the reps I talked to were very cool and unforgiving on the issue.  Talking to the reps for this there was a different feel and give in that they were just as shocked it happened and did not have any preset response at the beginning.  They clearly underestimated people’s sentiment about the movies and it sent them scrambling.  Regarding the room service change they knew people would be outraged and had already battened down the hatches and braced for

impact.   X assumed this was a small wake at best and it turned into a tsunami.

Good job everyone!!  See ya at the next cutback!!

Edited by rimmit
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, rimmit said:

Thanks Nymich for reporting this to everyone.  I am not the most active CC member but when a cruise line does something I or the community is not a fan of I let them know.  Sometimes it works,  sometimes it doesn’t, but at least you tried.

I was hopeful for this as it wasn’t an issue that required a lot of logistics or manpower just some cash.  When they got rid of free room service on RCI all the reps I talked to were very cool and unforgiving on the issue.  Talking to the reps for this there was a different feel and give in that they were just as shocked it happened and did not have any preset response at the beginning.  They clearly underestimated people’s sentiment about the movies and it sent them scrambling.  Regarding the room service change they knew people would be outraged and had already battened down the hatches and braced for

impact.   X assumed this was a small wake at best and it turned into a tsunami.

Good job everyone!!  See ya at the next cutback!!

I agree with you, X underestimated the response to what they considered to be a minor cut. 

Edited by kathynorth

7 minutes ago, rimmit said:

X assumed this was a small wake at best and it turned into a tsunami

I agree but everyone writing in and posting the letter etc...…….was the difference.  I know many of us were steering X to this thread.   If we do not do that they do what they want.    It was real cool to watch everyone the last week rise up and say enough is enough!   Now we have to watch X's reinstatement as they call it.

1 minute ago, kathynorth said:

I agree with you, X underestimated the response to what they considered to be a minor cut. 

Interesting observation: I included my CC# on the email I sent to celebrityonetouch, but didn't mention that I have an upcoming cruise in that email. The response I received from celebrityonetouch included the date of my upcoming cruise in the subject line. I take this to mean that the representative who responded checked to see if I was an actual current customer before responding. 

I have no doubt you are correct there.

Well done folks. When I sent my email to Celebrity One Touch a couple of days ago, did not suspect

this rapid about face by the cruise line.  14912 views of this thread so far. Apparently this issue got the

attention of Celebrity customers and the cruise line.

Now will be interesting to see the implementation. Will Celebrity do it well with a good selection

of in cabin movies ( Princess provides quite an impressive selection ) or will it be a token effort just 

to appease the annoyed ? Lets hope for the former.

We join the Eclipse next Sunday Sept 22 at Vancouver, so will see the result soon. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kelowna Cruiser said:

Well done folks. When I sent my email to Celebrity One Touch a couple of days ago, did not suspect

this rapid about face by the cruise line.  14912 views of this thread so far. Apparently this issue got the

attention of Celebrity customers and the cruise line.

Now will be interesting to see the implementation. Will Celebrity do it well with a good selection

of in cabin movies ( Princess provides quite an impressive selection ) or will it be a token effort just 

to appease the annoyed ? Lets hope for the former.

We join the Eclipse next Sunday Sept 22 at Vancouver, so will see the result soon. 

I hope you can let us know what you discover and report in for the Eclipse.   Have a great cruise!!!🙂

8 minutes ago, lori.ki said:

Does anyone know how quickly they will be able to reinstate the movies? I'm on the Equinox in a week.

Lori it was my understanding that effective today the 16th.  Someone correct me if this is not right.

Please report in for the Equinox when onboard if you can how many FREE in room movies you have.

Have a great cruise!!

This is what one of our posters on our Roll Call posted. States free movies will be reinstated immediately. 

I received the following from Celebrity:

We really appreciate that you’ve taken the time to share your thoughts regarding our recent decision to remove free movies from the stateroom television line-up. Your feedback is extremely important to us, and we have been carefully reviewing all comments that have been sent our way and sharing them with our operational teams.

The message we have received has been loud and clear! I am very pleased to say that because of input from guests like you, we have decided to reinstate complimentary stateroom movies aboard our Celebrity ships, effective immediately. When sailing with us, you’ll now continue to be able to enjoy a selection of films, free of charge, from the comfort of your room.

Den

They’re back!!

Am on the Silhouette NOW and after a week of no free movies..... we now have On Demand free movies back. We have 9 to choose from...... 

Thank you for listening Celebrity....it might seem small feed but..... it is appreciated, does make one as the customer feel listened to and valued. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Let's hope the reinstatement remains in place and the quality of the movies doesn't suffer.  I recall, when travelling through Asia for many years a lot of the hotels offered a free satellite movie channel - on average there was one decent movie a day (typically 5+ years old) and the rest of filler made for TV melodramas.

10 minutes ago, HelenREMfan said:

They’re back!!

Am on the Silhouette NOW and after a week of no free movies..... we now have On Demand free movies back. We have 9 to choose from...... 

Thank you for listening Celebrity....it might seem small feed but..... it is appreciated, does make one as the customer feel listened to and valued. 

Thank You!   The Silhouette has reported in 9 FREE movies!!

23 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

This is what one of our posters on our Roll Call posted. States free movies will be reinstated immediately. 

I received the following from Celebrity:

We really appreciate that you’ve taken the time to share your thoughts regarding our recent decision to remove free movies from the stateroom television line-up. Your feedback is extremely important to us, and we have been carefully reviewing all comments that have been sent our way and sharing them with our operational teams.

The message we have received has been loud and clear! I am very pleased to say that because of input from guests like you, we have decided to reinstate complimentary stateroom movies aboard our Celebrity ships, effective immediately. When sailing with us, you’ll now continue to be able to enjoy a selection of films, free of charge, from the comfort of your room.

Den

I forgot who it was but somebody earlier in this thread had a really smart idea to post the free movie cancels on the roll calls.   Very smart idea!

19 minutes ago, HelenREMfan said:

They’re back!!

Wonder if they have upgraded them to be more current too??  Wouldn't that be even better???

2 hours ago, Nymich said:

I agree but everyone writing in and posting the letter etc...…….was the difference.  I know many of us were steering X to this thread.   If we do not do that they do what they want.    It was real cool to watch everyone the last week rise up and say enough is enough!   Now we have to watch X's reinstatement as they call it.

Congratulations on getting the movies reinstated but the same thing did NOT happen with the removal of foot stools and decent size tables on the balconies of Concierge and Aqua class cabins.

We complained long and hard on here but no one at corporate listened to that one. 😡

7 minutes ago, chamima said:

Congratulations on getting the movies reinstated but the same thing did NOT happen with the removal of foot stools and decent size tables on the balconies of Concierge and Aqua class cabins.

We complained long and hard on here but no one at corporate listened to that one. 😡

I agree with you on all points and that is kind of what this thread was about for me anyway.  Enough is enough so the people rose up!

13 hours ago, rimmit said:

Another thing I didn’t consider in regards to the reversal...  I wonder if more people were removing the TVs from the wall to access the ports and it was starting to cause problems with people detaching cables and such.  I want to believe this is simply customer feedback but wouldn’t be surprised if some other logistical problem started occurring.  

Then why would pay per view movies be retained? They weren't changing the tvs, only removing the free option, so logistical problems weren't the issue - it was just a revenue raising opportunity.

6 minutes ago, The_Big_M said:

Then why would pay per view movies be retained? They weren't changing the tvs, only removing the free option, so logistical problems weren't the issue - it was just a revenue raising opportunity.

I meant that the cabin stewards were maybe having to deal with TVs constantly being disconnected, causing logistics problems regarding consumers breaking TVs by removing them from the wall. The steward would likely have to deal with it. Then call maintenance, etc. While unlikely it would only take a handful of incidents in a week period for them to reconsider as multiply those incidents over 52 weeks and you have a problem.