Princess is giving away free Wi-Fi on select 3 for Free Alaskan sailings.

CineGraphic

With everyone complaining about how bad the internet connection is in Alaska, Princess must be finding it hard to charge good money for a product they can't deliver.

So what are they doing!? They're giving it away! (If you book during the current 3 for Free sale)

"Experience the Great Land with the #1 cruise line in Alaska. Sail where colossal mountains touch the sky" (and block your satellites)

Book during 3 for FREE and everyone in your stateroom enjoys FREE gratuities, a FREE stateroom location upgrade and FREE onboard spending money.

And with this special Alaska offer, everyone also receives FREE Wi-Fi!

image.png

I got this also and it is important to read the fine print. I didn't know if this was a targeted mailing or not. I got this a few years ago and it was targeted - Princess claimed that I should not have received the email. Oh well - here is the fine print:

†FREE Wi-Fi: offer applies to all guests in stateroom (up to 4 devices per stateroom) and refers to free MedallionNet on MedallionNet enabled ships. Please refer to princess.com for more information about MedallionNet ships and the MedallionNet activation schedule. For ships not MedallionNet enabled, guests will receive 120 minutes for voyages 10-day or less and 240 minutes for voyages 11-15 days. Pacific Princess® voyages will receive Princess Connect Surf Package based on voyage length. Offer can be redeemed onboard and details will be delivered to the stateroom. The credit for free Wi-Fi is not redeemable for cash and expires at the end of that voyage. Offer is not transferable and may not be combinable with other select offers or other onboard credits. All internet usage subject to Princess Cruises’ standard policies, which may limit browsing of sites due to network security and bandwidth usage. Applications that use high bandwidth may be blocked and offerings subject to change with or without notice. 

• Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, Coral said:

I didn't know if this was a targeted mailing or not. I got this a few years ago and it was targeted - Princess claimed that I should not have received the email.

Whoops...the whole "Free Wi-Fi For Everyone" didn't seem targeted to me. Sorry if this complicates things for anyone.

7 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

Whoops...the whole "Free Wi-Fi For Everyone" didn't seem targeted to me. Sorry if this complicates things for anyone.

I have no clue. I just didn't see it under Princess's promos so I wondered if it was targeted.

I did put the fine print to show not everyone gets unlimited internet.

• Thanks 1

Non-refundable deposits. It seems every cruise we have checked recently has a non-refundable deposit. While we typically book on what we plan on doing I really don’t like that so many cruises on Princess have a non-refundable deposits. I’m close to Elite but may wander off to another line. 

• Like 1

Piddly amount of internet time if a non-Medallion ship.  Especially in an area known for slow speed.  I received the email as well.  Did not dig into it as we are not quite ready to do Alaska as yet.  In fact, I still need to convince my wife to do both a land and the cruise part.  I want to do both, but she doesn't think the cruise part makes sense.  

44 minutes ago, helencruising said:

Non-refundable deposits. It seems every cruise we have checked recently has a non-refundable deposit. While we typically book on what we plan on doing I really don’t like that so many cruises on Princess have a non-refundable deposits. I’m close to Elite but may wander off to another line. 

3 for Free also has a refundable deposit option but you need to contact a TA or Princess.

PC_3ForFREE_At_A_Glance.pdf

Edited by Astro Flyer

I did not have many problems with speed on the Island Princess this summer. There was just one morning when I could not log in or out--and it ate up my minutes, which the internet manager restored. I managed to keep up with a live thread, my emails, Facebook, and download my hometown paper every day.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, geoherb said:

I did not have many problems with speed on the Island Princess this summer. There was just one morning when I could not log in or out--and it ate up my minutes, which the internet manager restored. I managed to keep up with a live thread, my emails, Facebook, and download my hometown paper every day.

I wonder what your speed would have been if every passenger had the free minutes.

8 hours ago, helencruising said:

I hope everyone who feels this way calls Princess and lets them know, as I have.  I won't be booking non refundable deposit cruises.

My cruise was not offered with a RD in the last 2 sales, even when I talked to my TA and 2 Princess agents. My final attempt to book it was with a Supervisor who booked it for $200pp  more with a RD.

I am also seeing terms/conditions (in tiny print) mentioning OBC being part of the Great Escapes sale, followed  by mentioning the Landmark Sale.  Very Confusing website.

Edited by dog

8 hours ago, steelers36 said:

In fact, I still need to convince my wife to do both a land and the cruise part.  I want to do both, but she doesn't think the cruise part makes sense.  

They are quite different. The glaciers are easiest to visit via cruise.

• Like 1