"Live" From Harmony of the Seas. September 15-22, 2019 -Eastern Itinerary

Enjoying your review!  The shrimp on that ship looks so good!  I love a good shrimp cocktail.   Ok, I have been to st. Maarten twice - once to orient bay beach and once to mullet bay beach.  Can someone explain/educate me on great bay, Holland house, I have never heard of this.  Sounds like another good beach.  Thanks for taking time to post photos, looks like you are having a great time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CruiszBug said:

Would you say you like the food better at BB Bar than Holland House?

Haven't had HH food so I can't compare.  I've heard nothing but good things though about HH.  We've eaten at the BB Bar the last 3 times we've been there, so it has become a tradition.  We like it.  We wanted to try HH last time but opted for different lounge chairs since they reserved the first row for hotel guests and we didn't want to look at the back of someone else's chair.

• Thanks 1

MrFun, you’re really getting your money’s worth out of your dining & beverage packages! Good for you! Sounds like you’re having a great time doing it, too. 😄. I’m quite sure I would not be able to keep up. 😱

Thanks for doing this live review! It’s a fun read, and I’ve learned a few things, too.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Snit13 said:

Read all 9 pages today and I can't imagine eating or drinking so much, even in a previous stage of life.  Loved all of the pictures and may have to try some of the great looking drinks.  TYMAN and MrsKC08 looking forward to November 17.  Wish we had an active roll call with lots of fun activities planned.  Love the bar hops and poker draws much more than the slot pulls.  Looking forward to tomorrow's posts.

Neither can I @Snit13 of course my eating habits have changed in the past 16 months or so now that I'm keto. Losing over 90 pounds puts things into a different perspective for me. Heck, hubs and I went to never ending shrimp last night at Red Lobster and I was miserable when I left. (Face Slap). 

I also wish our roll call was more active. Not sure why it's been so quiet. Maybe we can get it hopping in the next few weeks. I also love a good pub/bar crawl. 

19 hours ago, TYMAN said:

My two favorite peeps to cruise with...island lady and MrsKC08! The futures so bright.... Well, you know the rest...ha!

Aww, you just made my Friday! Can't wait to sail with you again.

12 hours ago, lovetocruisee said:

Hey, Maybe I can meet Both of you ..

lol

Would love to meet you too! 

10 hours ago, MrFunInTheSun said:

Promenade from the Rising Tide Bar...

Chocolate Martini 

E5D4E3B8-3B68-4D55-A78B-4D0C62E9B143_zps

That has got MY name written all over it!

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, emdia43 said:

Why would you need to book an excursion to Great Bay? The water taxi leaves from the cruise pier and goes over to Great bay for IIRC $5 . Five minutes.... You can take your pick of which area you want to be, there are so many places open and competing for your business. 

Pretty much my take on it also...but that's just me.  I don't have any reason to book a "beach package" in advance, and in fact I would not IMHO.  That way if the weather is bad...I have nothing to cancel.  😉  But some like to book those packages in advance...no right or wrong way to do it anyway I guess.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

We now know but when we booked it I was extremely nervous about missing the ship and that's why I book all of our excursions through the ship. As we become more experienced going back to the islands and know our way around we will feel more comfortable doing it on our own. Bottom line it's what makes me feel more comfortable in doing.

The beach in St. Maarten is within visual distance of the port and your ship.  If not the water taxi, it is actually walkable from the beach back to the port.  (We have done it, but prefer the quick and cheap water taxi).  No real risk there, and you can leave as early to go back as you like.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Were you able to get front row seats at HH?  Last time we were there, they were reserving the first row of loungers for hotel guests.  We ended up taking one of the beer bucket deals a few chairs down so that we would be right in front of the water.  Ate at the Blue ***** Bar...one of our favorite places.

I love that bar!!  And have a favorite coffee mug from there I adore!  😄 

Edited by island lady

9 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I assume they take cash only? Is the charge collected each way? How often do they leave?

Hadn't thought about not using cash...it's just not expensive, and they do take U.S. currency.   It's a much better deal to do the round trip (you pay just once at the kiosk at the port).  They give you a wrist band that shows you have paid for the return trip.  You can hop on and off as often as you like...the taxis round continuously.  

Another reason we like taking the water taxi back is that we are loaded down with "adult liquid".  St. Maarten is one of our favorite rum restocking ports.  😉 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, island lady said:

Hadn't thought about not using cash...it's just not expensive, and they do take U.S. currency.   It's a much better deal to do the round trip (you pay just once at the kiosk at the port).  They give you a wrist band that shows you have paid for the return trip.  You can hop on and off as often as you like...the taxis round continuously.  

Another reason we like taking the water taxi back is that we are loaded down with "adult liquid".  St. Maarten is one of our favorite rum restocking ports.  😉 

Last year it was $7 round trip. We'll be there again this Nov, so we'll see if there's a price change. They also were selling beers & bottled waters on the water taxis.....they had three of them running constantly. Besides at the dock near the ship, they make two stops at the boardwalk area.....

Edited by TYMAN

11 minutes ago, island lady said:

They give you a wrist band that shows you have paid for the return trip.  You can hop on and off as often as you like...the taxis round continuously.  

That's exactly the kind of information I was looking for. Thank you so much!

16 minutes ago, island lady said:

Has always been a jewelry port for me.  Have no need to buy any more.  Pat, have you stopped at the shops that are supposed to be at the end of the pier by where you get the water taxi?  I have read on line that there are some shops and maybe a bar close to where we dock.  Never paid attention in the past, just hopped water taxi.

Grace

Day Six Compass 

B000468D-EE51-4C36-9BEE-6BEED79FBFF8_zps

7A8D07B3-D25D-4DF2-9EB9-A99061A9513A_zps

437268D4-1CC1-4C3D-9438-B5A99F19C983_zps

5129F80C-AE3E-4AB3-8F25-F7C716963127_zps

CD93B3EE-41BD-4BD8-923D-8978075EC6B3_zps

46B10C28-59B2-4A92-ACD5-6F6C0CCD93E7_zps

How are we at day six already. Last night and today we are rocking and rolling. Perfect for sleeping, the hurricane is behind us. Folks in St Maarten we’re preparing for a hurricane whilst we were there.

We’ve got lots exciting things today to do at sea. This afternoon we have our roll call bar hop. One we had on day Three was a hoot so I expect nothing but the best on this one. Lunch at Chops is soon, I’m hungry. 😀

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Snit13 said:

Has always been a jewelry port for me.  Have no need to buy any more.  Pat, have you stopped at the shops that are supposed to be at the end of the pier by where you get the water taxi?  I have read on line that there are some shops and maybe a bar close to where we dock.  Never paid attention in the past, just hopped water taxi.

Grace

Hi Grace.....yes, lots of shops at the pier before you get to the water taxi. Many liquor stores there too. When going through the shopping area, keep to the left, you'll pass the bar on the way to the water taxis.....they have a bunch of little "bar" kiosks too....

• Like 1