"Live" From Harmony of the Seas. September 15-22, 2019 -Eastern Itinerary

I will be curious on our trip to St. Martaan as we are doing the ship's excursion to Great Bay which I have been told is two business's down from HH. I'm not sure exactly how close their's is to the Holland House , got any ideas to which business it is? We were told it would include chair, umbrella for rent and food and drink available. I wish we would of booked HH just off the reviews I've read.

Hello MrFunInTheSun,,

Any photo of the Zoom pricing from the Compass? We sail in 2 1/2 weeks and getting our plans set if we need or can go without internet for a few days.

Appreciating all the reviews/reports.

We are looking forward to getting the HOTS in October.

Thanks  👍 🍸

36 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I will be curious on our trip to St. Martaan as we are doing the ship's excursion to Great Bay which I have been told is two business's down from HH. I'm not sure exactly how close their's is to the Holland House , got any ideas to which business it is? We were told it would include chair, umbrella for rent and food and drink available. I wish we would of booked HH just off the reviews I've read.

It's a very long beach, very open.  Pretty much all of the restaurants, resorts, and cafes all run along the same line.  Hard to tell one area from the other.  I am sure you will love Great Bay as much...same set up.  The hawkers are always out there trying to entice people walking by to do the same type of package.  You will see mostly umbrella, bucket of beer and two loungers for a set price signs.  Enjoy!  🙂 

6 minutes ago, island lady said:

Enjoy!  🙂 

We will thank you. I know we could of done it a lot cheaper by booking it ourselves. Live and learn. I know we will be going back and plan on booking the Holland House just based on the reviews I've read here.

19 minutes ago, island lady said:

Hi Bill!  Drats, we are going to miss you again.  We board on the 8th of December.  

Our 2020 schedule is still up in the air, but either HOTS twice, or once on her and one time on another.....I'll check your schedule again and see if we can make a match. Love to cruise with you and Buckmeister again!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, island lady said:

It's a very long beach, very open.  Pretty much all of the restaurants, resorts, and cafes all run along the same line.  Hard to tell one area from the other.  I am sure you will love Great Bay as much...same set up.  The hawkers are always out there trying to entice people walking by to do the same type of package.  You will see mostly umbrella, bucket of beer and two loungers for a set price signs.  Enjoy!  🙂 

We have a great friend, Ms Bernie, who has a beverage cart about half way down the beach and partners with one of the chairs guy. Been seeing her for years!!!!! Always has three chairs, umbrellas and a bucket of beer waiting for us! 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TYMAN said:

Our 2020 schedule is still up in the air, but either HOTS twice, or once on her and one time on another.....I'll check your schedule again and see if we can make a match. Love to cruise with you and Buckmeister again!

That would be great!  We would both love to cruise with you again!  🙂  I have "just a few" booked for you to choose from.  😉 

Edited by island lady

34 minutes ago, TYMAN said:

We have a great friend, Ms Bernie, who has a beverage cart about half way down the beach and partners with one of the chairs guy. Been seeing her for years!!!!! Always has three chairs, umbrellas and a bucket of beer waiting for us! 

Perfect!  🤗

2 minutes ago, MrsKC08 said:

Truly loving this live! We have 59 days until we sail (going along with @TYMAN). Really getting me pumped and ready for this trip.

Of course I feel like I am gaining 15 pounds just reading all these dining stops! 😉

My two favorite peeps to cruise with...island lady and MrsKC08! The futures so bright.... Well, you know the rest...ha!

1 hour ago, TYMAN said:

My two favorite peeps to cruise with...island lady and MrsKC08! The futures so bright.... Well, you know the rest...ha!

You are so cool!!  😎 And thanks for the compliment!  😘

Though I think you and Bucky are dangerous together!  😈🤪

Edited by island lady
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Why would you need to book an excursion to Great Bay? The water taxi leaves from the cruise pier and goes over to Great bay for IIRC $5 . Five minutes.... You can take your pick of which area you want to be, there are so many places open and competing for your business. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, emdia43 said:

Why would you need to book an excursion to Great Bay?

We now know but when we booked it I was extremely nervous about missing the ship and that's why I book all of our excursions through the ship. As we become more experienced going back to the islands and know our way around we will feel more comfortable doing it on our own. Bottom line it's what makes me feel more comfortable in doing.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MrsKC08 said:

Truly loving this live! We have 59 days until we sail (going along with @TYMAN). Really getting me pumped and ready for this trip.

Of course I feel like I am gaining 15 pounds just reading all these dining stops! 😉

Read all 9 pages today and I can't imagine eating or drinking so much, even in a previous stage of life.  Loved all of the pictures and may have to try some of the great looking drinks.  TYMAN and MrsKC08 looking forward to November 17.  Wish we had an active roll call with lots of fun activities planned.  Love the bar hops and poker draws much more than the slot pulls.  Looking forward to tomorrow's posts.

Were you able to get front row seats at HH?  Last time we were there, they were reserving the first row of loungers for hotel guests.  We ended up taking one of the beer bucket deals a few chairs down so that we would be right in front of the water.  Ate at the Blue ***** Bar...one of our favorite places.

• Thanks 1

Once aboard it was time to eat. Got back to the ship not long after two and headed to Johnny Rockets 

18F881CD-11EA-440B-ABDD-4FDB06E1F302_zps

A85A2B63-FA44-45EE-97FF-2BFE5A8C07F4_zps

BF9CEE53-981F-4E10-BF92-A857CEA04F3A_zps

After Johnny Rockets headed to Sabor for some guacamole and a margarita.

23F2D2A5-71B7-4683-A57F-AB0D643C6D96_zps

8CD43F92-CA11-4523-9509-AF0E37DF0787_zps

0D4B570C-295D-4A85-BF16-AE74C649B894_zps

After our snacks at Johnny Rockets and Sabor it was time for a much needed nap. All the sun and heat wore us out. 

We set sail at 5, slept right thru it. Dinner tonight is at Izumi. 

Edited by MrFunInTheSun

Great idea to sample appetizers while on unlimited dining plan. I think you just sold me on getting it. We eat late so an appetizer and drink here and there might be just what will sell hubbie on the idea. We love to snack! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

... I know we will be going back and plan on booking the Holland House just based on the reviews I've read here.

Can you could book the Holland House or is it still first come first served? Would be great to know this can be reserved in advance! 

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Were you able to get front row seats at HH?  Last time we were there, they were reserving the first row of loungers for hotel guests.  We ended up taking one of the beer bucket deals a few chairs down so that we would be right in front of the water.  Ate at the Blue ***** Bar...one of our favorite places.

Would you say you like the food better at BB Bar than Holland House?

Edited by CruiszBug