Black Status.. 10,000+ points What is the value to collect additional points?

WannaCruise365

On 9/13/2019 at 2:48 PM, marco said:

Same as with other lines.  We're "elite" on Princess and became that after 15 cruises.  We've now been on 21 but don't get anything additional.

Actually, you do get more things in Princess as you go along. 21-30 cruises gets $25obc per cruise, 31-40 gets $50, 41-50 gets $75 and 50 and up gets $100 additional. Hit 500 nights and you get the suite perk specialty breakfast as a perk regardless of cabin booked. And so on. They do have unlisted extra perks for more cruises beyond the 15.. FWIW

2 hours ago, mickey89 said:

We would only cruise YC and the Black card perks are meaningless, maybe the specialty dining voucher has some value but we didn’t even use that. Loyalty is for the birds, the only perk that counts is the discount.

Not everybody can sail in YC (or, for that matter, Aurea - both of which offer priority boarding).  For those who can't/don't, the Black Card priority boarding perk is a great benefit.

Also, not everybody who sails exclusively with MSC is doing it through any sense of "loyalty".  For some, it offers everything they require in a cruise.  I certainly have no interest in changing cruiselines as long as MSC continues to offer the value that it does.  It would, however, be very nice if MSC did show some recognition for the number of points we have, over and above the amount required to attain Black (wasn't it to be 'Diamond' from this month?  🤔).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

(wasn't it to be 'Diamond' from this month?  🤔).

Yes it was, funny though that the May 21st announcement can't be directly found on MSC US website's news pages.  It's not been deleted, only hidden.

As of September 2019, Black Card level membership will be renamed Diamond to reflect the multitude of precious advantages at this level.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/About-MSC/News/Msc-Voyagers-Club-Benefits-Discounts.aspx

ETA: Anyone received double Voyagers points for booking a Voyagers Selection cruise yet?

Edited by Até
  • Like 1

I'll have to wait 'til next September to find out as that's the only VCS cruise I've booked.  I'll probably have forgotten by that stage that double points are on offer.  🙄  Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised when double are added - especially when not expecting them.  😃  

Edited by Beamafar

On 9/14/2019 at 9:03 PM, sidari said:

Bea ... I would be more impressed if MSC decided to reward those who have remained loyal and who have actually earned their Black card level with them.

Yes you read about so many "instant" black card members who got their card through status match 

4 hours ago, glittergal1 said:

Yes you read about so many "instant" black card members who got their card through status match 

I believe that the reduction of the Speciality Restaurant meal for 2 benefit to one voucher per cabin, instead of one per Black Card member in the cabin, was as a direct result of the number who status-matched!

• Like 2

We usually cruise in Yacht Club and tend to spend on board, spa, excursions, shops, etc. and consequently rack up the Voyagers points.   I've been a Black member since shortly after they started the program in 2010 and now have almost 60,000 points.  I'd really look forward to the day MSC adds another tier but obviously I'm not holding my breath.

• Like 1