Equinox, a Royal Suite experience

chemmo

2 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

No harm in trying but the shore side concierge said that even when the guest indicated they wanted the robes pre cruise, once they saw them they often just left them in the cabin.

Having just squashed two robes into already full suitcases for a TA flight I can understand guests leaving them behind and the frustration of staff when they do...However, friends of ours on the same cruise did talk about the ‘wow’ factor they had experienced first cruise when they were there on the bed and I understand that too. When you are paying present prices for RS and PH I think you should expect a few ‘wow’ factors!

Your cruise records are there, perhaps first time you cruise in an Edge/Revolutionised ship they should be on the bed but after that on request.... 

3 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

No harm in trying but the shore side concierge said that even when the guest indicated they wanted the robes pre cruise, once they saw them they often just left them in the cabin.

Just also thought too about disappointment...If we had been expecting them we could have felt disappointed, especially as they didn’t appear until the end of the cruise.

As other posts indicate, there seems to be a lack of consistency. Either they should be provided on boarding, ordered through shoreside concierge or you should be clearly asked start of cruise. We would have never known to request them if I hadn’t been asked about them on this post.

Edited by chemmo

3 hours ago, chemmo said:

Just also thought too about disappointment...If we had been expecting them we could have felt disappointed, especially as they didn’t appear until the end of the cruise.

As other posts indicate, there seems to be a lack of consistency. Either they should be provided on boarding, ordered through shoreside concierge or you should be clearly asked start of cruise. We would have never known to request them if I hadn’t been asked about them on this post.

That's something Celebrity does exceedingly well, unfortunately.  Being inconsistent.  Will start with the shoreside concierge and see where it goes from there.  I did really like the unmonogrammed version I had on Equinox, but I don't believe they are to take home from a sky suite.

11 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

That's something Celebrity does exceedingly well, unfortunately.  Being inconsistent.  Will start with the shoreside concierge and see where it goes from there.  I did really like the unmonogrammed version I had on Equinox, but I don't believe they are to take home from a sky suite.

We're on Equinox in a CS in two weeks. I asked the shoreside concierge... nope, no go for a "take home" robe. They are only for RS & PH guests.

39 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

We got the monogrammed version of the Robe in our Royal suite on the Equinox- love the robe! We  thought a nice perk!  Of course we payed dealer for the suite!

Chemmo, so tomorrow we will be emailing the onshore Concierge and asking for our in room amenities such as mini bar and 2 bottles of spirits.  We will also ask her to book 4 nights in specialty restaurants as well as the robs.  Am I missing anything?

We are staying in an RS.

Thanks, Katie

On 10/6/2019 at 7:03 PM, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Well, Celebrity could use some good people in management in Miami, but it will be a great loss on the ships.  

I agree with your statement but I have lost all my great contacts to Miami and then they leave for another line.  While I feel happy for them to move up and make more money, I suffer from them not being there.  Well next month is another cruise and will only see a few people that I know are wonderful.  Hope to meet some one new that is great also.  

Pat

7 hours ago, Oville said:

Chemmo, so tomorrow we will be emailing the onshore Concierge and asking for our in room amenities such as mini bar and 2 bottles of spirits.  We will also ask her to book 4 nights in specialty restaurants as well as the robs.  Am I missing anything?

We are staying in an RS.

Thanks, Katie

You do have unlimited access to the Speciality Restaurants. If you only want to visit on four occasions make sure you book Tuscan on a ‘sail away’ day, LPC with your preferred menu/show, Murano’s on a day you are ‘fresh’ and will make the most of an extended meal.

In addition to the bar set up in suite we also ask for our pillow preference and we do request a tea tray set up.

On boarding get your butler to check your dining reservations (we have had slip ups). Also last cruise we ended up at the wrong LPC so confirm...

On boarding look at the list of events planned for suite guests. There is usually a helipad sail away, a galley tour, a bridge tour...On our last cruise there were no ‘reminder’ phone calls or invite cards re these so keep it at hand. If there are any particular tours you would enjoy that are not on the list (back stage tour) ask the concierge early in the cruise then query if it will be possible (as a reminder) a few days later.

Also on boarding let your butler know if you want any snacks left in your room and of what type...

That is about it I think!

Hope you have a fantastic cruise!

Edited by chemmo

54 minutes ago, chemmo said:

You do have unlimited access to the Speciality Restaurants. If you only want to visit on four occasions make sure you book Tuscan on a ‘sail away’ day, LPC with your preferred menu/show, Murano’s on a day you are ‘fresh’ and will make the most of an extended meal.

In addition to the bar set up in suite we also ask for our pillow preference and we do request a tea tray set up.

On boarding get your butler to check your dining reservations (we have had slip ups). Also last cruise we ended up at the wrong LPC so confirm...

On boarding look at the list of events planned for suite guests. There is usually a helipad sail away, a galley tour, a bridge tour...On our last cruise there were no ‘reminder’ phone calls or invite cards re these so keep it at hand. If there are any particular tours you would enjoy that are not on the list (back stage tour) ask the concierge early in the cruise then query if it will be possible (as a reminder) a few days later.

Also on boarding let your butler know if you want any snacks left in your room and of what type...

Our butler wasn't great- he didn't leave us the snacks we requested.  Everything else was wonderful- you can have restaurant food delivered to your suite from any restaurant- we didn't do this but others have-  We loved the Royal suite experience, sans our butler.  He was very disappointing-  Have had much better butlers in Sky and Celebrity suites. 

13 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

Our butler wasn't great- he didn't leave us the snacks we requested.  Everything else was wonderful- you can have restaurant food delivered to your suite from any restaurant- we didn't do this but others have-  We loved the Royal suite experience, sans our butler.  He was very disappointing-  Have had much better butlers in Sky and Celebrity suites. 

We have never requested restaurant food delivered to our room either....If we decide to dine in suite we usually want something simple. 

No excuse for your butler not delivering snacks, never known this happen, I assume you addressed it with him or the concierge? 

I must say some of our best cruises were when we did have one of those stunning butlers who did go above and beyond...

30 minutes ago, chemmo said:

We have never requested restaurant food delivered to our room either....If we decide to dine in suite we usually want something simple. 

No excuse for your butler not delivering snacks, never known this happen, I assume you addressed it with him or the concierge? 

I must say some of our best cruises were when we did have one of those stunning butlers who did go above and beyond...

I didn't report him- felt that he could loose his job- But I agree, we once had a female butler who was so great it was my husbands birthday and she handmade a beautiful sign for our suite.  She was the best!  

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

I didn't report him- felt that he could loose his job- But I agree, we once had a female butler who was so great it was my husbands birthday and she handmade a beautiful sign for our suite.  She was the best!  

You know, so many of us don’t like complaining....Not only do we worry about getting a member of staff into trouble we wonder, when on vacation, if we can be bothered...The tendency of us all can be to just ‘let it go...’

However, sometimes you can be doing the butler a favour to highlight issues and you will certainly enhance the experience of the next occupants of your suite by vocalising concerns...

If no one complains on board the butler has no opportunity to redeem himself but may get bad reviews.

Could be your butler needs more training on the services he can provide. Inexperience on services that are standard, extra ‘treats’, going that bit above and beyond...We all know the best butlers are those who can ‘read’ their guests and suggest little extras that enhance the suite experience.

Possibly your butler had one or more very demanding guests leading to him ignoring others? He may find it hard to admit to the suite manager he is struggling to cope when in fact that is exactly what he should do.

Could be your butler simply was simply lazy and if no one reports him he will continue exactly the same...

Totally agree a cruise experience is totally uplifted by a caring butler...

15 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Did you ask the butler to delivery snacks everyday?  They are usually served in the Michael’s club now, but you can always ask for something to be delivered.  Celebrity stopped the cart service a few years ago.

Based on my experiences.

Edited by jagoffee

18 hours ago, chemmo said:

Thank you so much for your advice, it is greatly appreciated.  We sent off our preferences this evening.  We did add LPC though we’ve done it twice and didn’t love it on the Edge, fingers crossed for the Silhouette.  The gallery tour is something we will look forward to and asking for cheese and crackers from the Butler each afternoon.  Again thanks,   Katie

Edited by Oville

4 hours ago, Oville said:

Thank you so much for your advice, it is greatly appreciated.  We sent off our preferences this evening.  We did add LPC though we’ve done it twice and didn’t love it on the Edge, fingers crossed for the Silhouette.  The gallery tour is something we will look forward to and asking for cheese and crackers from the Butler each afternoon.  Again thanks,   Katie

If a galley tour isn’t on your list of events mention your interest to the concierge...

1 hour ago, chemmo said:

If a galley tour isn’t on your list of events mention your interest to the concierge...

The problem with any of these events is that the same things are repeated. We are at the stage where we would rather lie on the balcony reading a book than go to the bridge, galley, or back stage. Because the S Class ships are so alike the areas all look the same and the tours are usually the same. 

They only bridge tour we really enjoyed was on the Silhouette because there was a meal after it with the captain and senior officers which was held in Blu. That only happened once. The next time we were on Silhouette in a RS it didn't happen.  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

The problem with any of these events is that the same things are repeated. We are at the stage where we would rather lie on the balcony reading a book than go to the bridge, galley, or back stage. Because the S Class ships are so alike the areas all look the same and the tours are usually the same. 

They only bridge tour we really enjoyed was on the Silhouette because there was a meal after it with the captain and senior officers which was held in Blu. That only happened once. The next time we were on Silhouette in a RS it didn't happen.  

Like you we are near the been, seen, done it with most of the general tours. However, on a few cruises concierges or officers have offered us more personalised tours/events. We experienced a bridge tour and lunch in Blu on Reflection last year and last week lunch in Blu on Equinox...

For new to suite cruisers (remember it well) these events are nice...I particularly remember our first invitation to dine with the Captain....In the old days when we all dressed up and entered down the stairway after everyone else was seated...Very Grand! 

1 hour ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

That was in the days when formal night still existed wasn't it? It happened on our first RS cruise as well. 

Yes, I must say we don’t now miss toting suits and gowns but I am glad we did have the experience, nice to look back on. We have dined with the Captain since chic was introduced (Tuscan Grill) and it was really nice in a different way, more relaxed...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chemmo said:

Yes, I must say we don’t now miss toting suits and gowns but I am glad we did have the experience, nice to look back on. We have dined with the Captain since chic was introduced (Tuscan Grill) and it was really nice in a different way, more relaxed...

I still have the photo from then taken from deck 5 in the MDR.

16 minutes ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

I still have the photo from then taken from deck 5 in the MDR.

We always say we get three levels of pleasure from a cruise...

The anticipation (much helped by Cruise Critic).

The cruise itself.

The memories (aided by such photographs)...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chemmo said:

Like you we are near the been, seen, done it with most of the general tours. However, on a few cruises concierges or officers have offered us more personalised tours/events. We experienced a bridge tour and lunch in Blu on Reflection last year and last week lunch in Blu on Equinox...

If there's something of special interest, ask about it. We were traveling in a suite, our friends were not. He's a trained chef and owned a wine store in San Francisco for about 10 years before moving to NYC. Very much a foodie. I asked if he and I could be included in a galley tour. We got a private tour with an officer of the galley and wine storage area where they keep "the good stuff". We also got to walk around inside the two story wine room in the main dining room. Pretty neat. 

If you're on a ship with Capt Kate, ask for a bridge tour. She does them herself. 

13 minutes ago, MEcruzr said:

If there's something of special interest, ask about it. We were traveling in a suite, our friends were not. He's a trained chef and owned a wine store in San Francisco for about 10 years before moving to NYC. Very much a foodie. I asked if he and I could be included in a galley tour. We got a private tour with an officer of the galley and wine storage area where they keep "the good stuff". We also got to walk around inside the two story wine room in the main dining room. Pretty neat. 

If you're on a ship with Capt Kate, ask for a bridge tour. She does them herself. 

Totally agree about expressing an interest....It is nice when the Captain does the bridge tour themselves.