Can you walk to Bayside Marketplace?

cruzlover

We are on a B2B on MSC Seaside from Miami and were thinking of catching the HOHO at Bayside Marketplace on our turnaround day. 

Can you walk from Terminal F to Bayside or should be take a cab or Uber? Maps shows it’s about a 1/2 hour walk. 

10 minutes ago, cruzlover said:

We are on a B2B on MSC Seaside from Miami and were thinking of catching the HOHO at Bayside Marketplace on our turnaround day. 

Can you walk from Terminal F to Bayside or should be take a cab or Uber? Maps shows it’s about a 1/2 hour walk. 

You can walk but I would take a cab/Uber to and from Bayside.. You have to walk in heat and along a walkway over the bridge that is used by commercial traffic. 

1 hour ago, Capt_BJ said:

yes you can walk.  In the past I'd have not recommended this due to the high volume of traffic on the bridge but since the opening of the tunnel, the bridge sees WAY less traffic.

Doesn't the Coral Way Trolley now come to the ports? I thought. I had read that it did and was considering it for our turn around day. However I wondered how it worked in practice with all the traffic. 

5 hours ago, cruzlover said:

If you want to do this on your own (and not using shuttles from anyone), you have several choices:

1. I suggest Uber

2. The FREE Coral Way Trolley has two stops across/near Terminal F - just talk to the driver and tell him/her when you're going. I've seen them stop at the Bayside corner to drop folks.

3. It is a beautiful walk on a nice day! I've done it but please use the north side where there is a barricaded pedestrian/bike trail. Very safe with stunning views of the Miami skyline. 

You can clearly see the path from Terminal F over the bridge in this video (the path starts at 7:00) - https://youtu.be/_3BWwEiJn-w

• Thanks 1

If you like to walk and it is not too hot we do this often.

It is very safe. 

The walkway has a barricade between the walkway and the roadway.

We've walked it for years before the tunnel and post tunnel.

We actually walk it from a much further distance when we stay pre-cruise and have walked it on turnaround day when we are on a back to back cruise.

If I wasn't going to walk I would just take a taxi or Uber.

These photos will give you an idea of the walkway which is on one side of the bridge.  

I would say the walk is about one mile each way.

DSC_1670.thumb.jpg.6d845623574d8a73d69d89c67ad9f4a9.jpgDSC_1672.thumb.jpg.f73d8bbabd1343c4c9aff33383d7eca1.jpg

• Like 1