Pros & Cons of a Boardwalk Balcony on Oasis

bren61

I am debating on a boardwalk balcony on the Oasis when she comes to Cape Liberty.  I already have an interior booked for my husband and I, but if we decide to take our Granddaughter I may upgrade to the boardwalk balcony.  Can you see the aqua shows etc, and if so what floor level and how close do you need to be (like mid way to the back or do you need in the very back?  If anyone has any pics, that would be helpful, thanks!!

Brenda

With the addition of the Ultimate Abyss during drydock, any past pictures may not accurately reflect the “new” view. Pictures from Harmony or Symphony will be a better representation. 

We we had a BW balcony twice, each time the farthest one aft. Other than a very long walk down the hallway to get there, we enjoyed it and they had a good aft view. 

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

With the addition of the Ultimate Abyss during drydock, any past pictures may not accurately reflect the “new” view. Pictures from Harmony or Symphony will be a better representation. 

We we had a BW balcony twice, each time the farthest one aft. Other than a very long walk down the hallway to get there, we enjoyed it and they had a good aft view. 

mac_tlc

Ditto.  We had the farthest aft on Deck 11 on Oasis a few years ago and it was wonderful.  Noise wasn't an issue inside the cabin.  We had a great view of the movie screens, the aqua theater, and the ship's wake.   The only time we experienced noise was sitting outside on the balcony during certain times (shows typically) - but that wasn't ever late at night and didn't disturb us in the cabin at all.   I was going to book the same cabin on Allure (post-amplification) but decided not to after doing a Harmony and Symphony google search of cabin views.  Those ships have the Abyss slides, and those slides definitely do block some of the view.  Oh, and the walk to the cabin is very, very long.  But on the flip side, we didn't gain a single pound on that cruise!

• Like 1

Honestly I would not book a Boardwalk again. We were on one in December on Harmony and we could not stand the noise. We're not old by any means, we're in our 30's so noise isn't normally an issue. The thing that was a lot was that the carousel was obnoxious. There were also lights going all the time. I didn't mind having the movies and Aqua Theater, not a problem at all. It was the carousel and just standard boardwalk music that was too much. The room itself was great, I just wouldn't book the location again. Sorry to be the Debbie Downer! 

5 minutes ago, 2Ccruisers said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=6ee4bfcebcfde1cbHere's a few from 9369 last October. This is the furthest balcony back. We loved it!

oasis1.jpg

oasis2.jpg

oasis3.jpg

oasis4.jpg

Great views from these last few balconies, but these views will change after the amplification unfortunately.  The big purple slides will be obstructing.   

We have had the farthest aft cabin on deck 11 on the Oasis and deck 12 on Allure.  Loved it both times.  Like others have said, I don't know what the view will be after the drydock, but we had great views of the aqua theater and the movie screens.  Noise was not an issue for us at all.  It is great if you live to people watch.

The Abyss is mostly air on Harmony, and we've watched the aquatheater shows from the Teen Area on Deck 15 without them really interfering with the view, so they wouldn't be a showstopper in a BW balcony.

DSC01636.JPG

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1

Here is the final cabin 10329 on Harmony... expect this on Oasis if Abyss installed. 

I am standing at the sliding glass door. Can you see the Aqua Theatre past the Abyss or through the solid partition?

DSC00717_zpsfmlopgtj.jpg

Full review of that cabin in the link below (interior & exterior)

(scroll down 20 posts for pictures and description)

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2358343-hoopster-on-harmony-jan-7-14-2017-review-wlots-of-photos/page/3/

Just off Allure.

Our cabin was furthest away from water show. Good view of overall area. 

Cabin 11273. 

15 seconds from diamond lounge, and card room.Great latte machine there.

Night noise while aqua show is in, otherwise quiet at night.

2019-08-30_19-22-39_288.jpg

18 minutes ago, gdy0354 said:

Just off Allure.

Our cabin was furthest away from water show. Good view of overall area. 

Cabin 11273. 

15 seconds from diamond lounge, and card room.Great latte machine there.

Night noise while aqua show is in, otherwise quiet at night.

2019-08-30_19-22-39_288.jpg

Say goodbye to that view when Abyss is installed. 

This:

CB566341-FB73-418E-A68D-8C7DF63C3170.jpegWill become this:

097A2118-AD99-4AE5-AF12-C9AADE91985F.jpeg

Edited by mac_tlc

9 hours ago, jholzhauser said:

Honestly I would not book a Boardwalk again. We were on one in December on Harmony and we could not stand the noise. We're not old by any means, we're in our 30's so noise isn't normally an issue. The thing that was a lot was that the carousel was obnoxious. There were also lights going all the time. I didn't mind having the movies and Aqua Theater, not a problem at all. It was the carousel and just standard boardwalk music that was too much. The room itself was great, I just wouldn't book the location again. Sorry to be the Debbie Downer! 

You must have sensitive ears...I think the Boardwalk Balcony is one of the best locations on an Oasis class ship. I would suggest you try the central park balcony, the only sound you hear is crickets. 

30 minutes ago, rolloman said:

You must have sensitive ears...I think the Boardwalk Balcony is one of the best locations on an Oasis class ship. I would suggest you try the central park balcony, the only sound you hear is crickets. 

Or the violin or guitar player in the evenings....

We stayed in a Boardwalk balcony on Oasis when it first launched, and we disliked it so much that we've never set foot on an Oasis class ship again. I want to look out my balcony and see the ocean, not Johnny Rockets. And for some reason, people don't have a clue that there are others that can see right into your stateroom. It was like a Walmart atmosphere. Never again.

6 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

Here is the final cabin 10329 on Harmony... expect this on Oasis if Abyss installed. 

I am standing at the sliding glass door. Can you see the Aqua Theatre past the Abyss or through the solid partition?

DSC00717_zpsfmlopgtj.jpg

Full review of that cabin in the link below (interior & exterior)

(scroll down 20 posts for pictures and description)

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2358343-hoopster-on-harmony-jan-7-14-2017-review-wlots-of-photos/page/3/

You can't see the Aqua Theater from where you took this picture, but standing at the balcony rail the view is only partially blocked by the Abyss.

We have been in 8627 on Harmony and Symphony and are booked in 9329 on Symphony Nov 2 (less than 5 weeks until we set sail 😎). Noise is barely noticeable with the balcony door closed. If you want to do some people watching the BW balcony is the way to go.

We have had the last four aft cabins deck #9 on Harmony...Would never book this category again...Noise, obstructed view, lack of privacy and found these to "seem/feel" very small regardless of sq. ft.

From Symphony, second cabin from aft deck 8.

tIP2qTj.jpg

xr1Tvx2.jpg

XnpZ9KU.jpg

Note that black bag draped across really blocks views of the theater.  It contains a mesh screen that flies out over the crowd at the end of the Aqua show.  It's sole primary purpose is theatrical effect.   It's secondary purpose is to prevent you from seeing the show which it does quite effectively.

When the slide is in use with every guest descent the slide makes a series of noises like sonar pings and a swoop noise as they approach the end.  I have that sound permanently wired into my brain.  I can hear it now as I write this.  It penetrates right through the door when the door is closed.

With the Abyss slides decimating the Boardwalk views and loss of any perks I won't book another Boardwalk room.  

Edited by twangster