Baltic cruise in June ?

San01

Hi

I am interested in this cruise with Celebrity Silhouette in June 2020

I am a little skeptical with June as would like to sit out for coffee/lunch etc when visiting places.

Can anyone advise on the weater, also any other recommendations for cruise lines that do the Baltic

Thanks for any ones advice

Baltics weather is unpredictable.  We went for 2 weeks in July and it was sunny & warm to hot the entire time.  Staff onboard said the 2 weeks before ours were cool and rainy.  Following the weather reports once we got home the cruise after ours was also cool & rainy.  I would book a Baltics cruise in June in a second.  Longest days of the year is a big bonus, too.

We went in early June and the weather was warm-ish throughout. I remember people in Stockholm sitting outside in a park in shorts, enjoying the great weather. And also I recall sitting at a lovely table beside one of the canals in Copenhagen eating the typical open-face sandwiches for lunch. We did have one rainy day out of three in Copenhagen pre-cruise.

Best advice is to pack layers and be prepared for a variety of conditions. Overall though, it is likely you will be able to enjoy sitting outside.

We did that cruise last year in June (early June, same ship) and it was in the 90s for the entire cruise and the seas were like glass. All the Brits onboard said the weather was a fluke and it usually isn't that warm. Before I left home on NY I checked the extended forecast for those 2 weeks and it said at the most low 80s - we got a surprise.

As what others have already said, Baltic weather is really unpredictable. It would be best to check the weather forecast a week before your arrival to ensure that you bring the right clothes. I would say June is still a good time to do a Baltic Cruise. 

Baltic weather is, as others have stated, unpredictable. It is wise to pack layers. 

There are a variety of cruise lines that offer Baltic cruises - from small, upscale cruise lines to large, mass market cruise lines. We choose our cruises based on the itineraries and how much time is spent in each port of call. Since Saint Petersburg is usually the highlight of Baltic cruises, I would lean toward a cruise that offered 3 days in St. Pete. 

Sailing through the Stockholm archipelago is wonderful - I would recommend booking a cruise that actually docks in Stockholm - not Nynashamn.

Edited by dogs4fun

We were on the Explorer of the Seas for a Baltic cruise this June.  We were fairly fortunate in the weather was mostly dry.  The temperatures ranged from 68 F to 82 F.  As others have said, the weather is very unpredictable.  Most likely you will have temps in the 60's or 70's and it is hard to avoid rain for the whole cruise.  Nevertheless, it was one of our best cruises and we plan on going back soon.  Didn't think we'd like it as much as we did but it was great.  Beautiful cities.  With the warmest day being in Copenhagen.  Silhouette is a beautiful ship.  Have a great trip.