Haven't cruised in 6 years! What has changed?

11 minutes ago, CaribbeanCrush said:

The last time we cruised bringing your own bottles of wine onboard was something new. Is the policy still the same?

Yes. Two 750 ML bottles per stateroom.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CaribbeanCrush said:

The last time we cruised bringing your own bottles of wine onboard was something new. Is the policy still the same?

You may have cruised before they re-imposed the corkage fee.  They now say that if you bring the bottle to a public venue, you can be charged a corkage fee, either $15 or $25 (can't remember) per bottle.  However, many report that they seem reluctant to charge that fee.  Your experience may vary.

• Like 1

wow you picked a great ship to sail on.  There is so much to see and do on Allure;  this ship could be your destination. Have fun.  The promenade is twice the size of Freedoms promenade

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 9:24 AM, AF-1 said:

wow you picked a great ship to sail on.  There is so much to see and do on Allure;  this ship could be your destination. Have fun.  The promenade is twice the size of Freedoms promenade

Agree completely with this. Allure is my favorite ship, there is SO much to see and do on her. You cannot beat all the live music venues around her at night. And yes, the entertainment is top-notch. Mama Mia is a fantastic production. And DO NOT MISS the aqua show! You will be overwhelmed with all there is to see and do...she is a destination within herself.

I find it worth it to treat yourself to a three-night dinner package because the specialty restaurants are outstanding. 150CP is my personal favorite, if it's still there. I was told that it will be replaced with another restaurant.

• Like 1

Do not attemt to eat at the windjammer unless you go there on OFF peak hours. There are manny other places to have breakfast or lunch that are less crouded. Shows are really great IMOP. Deck 5 in the rear of the ship under the diving pool is a great spot to sit and watch the ocean.

• Like 1

On 10/7/2019 at 1:36 PM, taglovestocruise said:

Be sure to book all your shows as soon as they appear in your cruise planner.  One oddity of Oasis class is that other then up on deck there is almost no view of the ocean from anywhere inside the ship. Love the mega ships. happy cruising

We're on the same voyage, which is 109 days out. I've been unable to access the entertainment in the cruise planner since booking, so I'm assuming that they have closed off reserving show times until we get onboard.  In that case a trip to the box office right after boarding is probably prudent.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Fewer views to the outside from public venues on Oasis class ships.

But the wow factor and the fantastic shows more than make up for that.  ...

Not for us.  We say "wow" when faced with dodging 6000 people in close quarters for a week.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, fredflint said:

For me the Allure has 2 odd things 

1) No omelets in Windjammer

2) No soft serve in Windjammer

Both can be had in the tiny Wipeout Cafe located near the Flowriders

Are these made to order omelettes?

Johhny Rockets has free breakfast and charges for lunch and dinner.  Best thing about Johnny Rockets; the food is made to order and most passengers don't know about breakfast here until day three; so the first few days its a dream

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Johhny Rockets has free breakfast and charges for lunch and dinner.  Best thing about Johnny Rockets; the food is made to order and most passengers don't know about breakfast here until day three; so the first few days its a dream

Just to answer the usual next question, breakfast at Johnny Rockets is only available on Oasis class ships.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Not for us.  We say "wow" when faced with dodging 6000 people in close quarters for a week.

In some reason Allure did not seem crowded to us. There are many smaller, more crowded ships. Allure is planned very well.

It was our 25th cruise overall, probably 20th ship and we were running around with camera (not literally running of course) taking photos of all unusual stuff.

I would seriously recommend booking Mamma Mia, Oceanaria (water show which rivals anything we saw on land). Amazing shows. Actually we saw Mamma Mia twice on Broadway (in good theaters) and we liked ship's one better. One of main characters even looked like Pierce Brosnan in movie Mamma Mia. 🙂