Best Food Worst Food

Airbear232

6 minutes ago, clo said:

I did.  And their own site came up blank and everything else I saw was from 2011/2012.  I don't really care cause I have no interest in vegan gelato 🙂

KPIX San Francisco did a story on Genuto earlier this year.

I thought you might be interested since you describe yourself as a “foodie”.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2019 at 6:08 PM, wowzz said:

You cruise to visit, not to eat.

I beg to differ.

I most certainly cruise to eat.

NCL's MDR food was horrible with very few ok selections (mostly appetizers and soups). Buffet was hit or miss, mostly miss.

RCI's MDR food has been good so far. Not "omg, soooo good!", but we were pretty happy. Buffet food was decent with some selections that were NOT good.

Regal Princess's MDR and buffet food has been excellent. Caribbean Princess's MDR food was great, the buffet was very small, but the food was good.

Been cruising since l980s, food on lines has changed a lot.  Been on 9 different lines well over 60 cruises:  Princess, Celebrity, Cunard, HAL, Crystal, RCCL, NCL, and a few lines  no long operating.    Of these lines: all about the same except NCL.  

Can't say any outstanding but NCL is at the bottom of my list.

Now days, we approach meals on cruise lines very different then in the beginning.  Early on it was 3 meals a day in the main dining room at a set time.    Now days, we do breakfast using room service, have a relaxing breakfast in our cabin, since we have seen most ports we visit a few times no rush to get off the ship.   We do not do 3 meals a day... we have one other meal each day.    We rarely go to the MDR any more... most MDR menu items don't call to me anymore.    I am just as happy to go the buffet late afternoon make a nice salad and select a protein item and have a nice cocktail.  If we don't do this, we go to the steak house on board, of all the steak house items, our favorite is Sea Bass in the Crown Grill on Princess.    We also enjoy the Fish and Chips and Fish and Scrimp on Princess which is a special lunchtime item in the Crown Grill.    

We cook at home, rarely eat out, like to keep it simple and healthy, this seems to work for us.   When we do land based trips, we picnic by shopping from local fare - outdoor markets, especially in Europe..  Even when cruising in Europe we often bring back items to the ship. 

14 minutes ago, pris993 said:

We cook at home, rarely eat out, like to keep it simple and healthy, this seems to work for us.   When we do land based trips, we picnic by shopping from local fare - outdoor markets, especially in Europe..  Even when cruising in Europe we often bring back items to the ship. 

I think we might be related 🙂  That's just exactly how we travel/eat.  Thanks a mil.

• Like 1

I think the one constant on all cruises has been that the little desserts at the buffet always look better than they taste. I keep trying, though!

I have really enjoyed the MDR food on both Carnival and RCL. I think the worst thing I had in a MDR was the lamb shank on RCL, it just wasn't for me. I usually really love the port-themed options on Carnival and I'll usually get at least the appetizer if not the entree.

We enjoyed all of the specialty dining that we tried on Oasis of the Seas. My favorite was the steakhouse and we went back again for lunch because we enjoyed it so much. Least favorite food-wise was probably Sabor, but it ended up being the best conversation-wise.

I'm really looking forward to trying the Seafood Shack on my upcoming Carnival Horizon cruise, that and Guy's Burgers which I already know I love.

• Like 1